TV The Witcher

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm just watching the second episode and it's desperately disappointing so far. Some great fight scenes but dull as you like in between.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah fuck it, this thread isn't worth it after all.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I'm just watching the second episode and it's desperately disappointing so far. Some great fight scenes but dull as you like in between.

It gets better as it goes on. Yennifer is particularly good.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have watched 2 episodes so far, and I'm undecided... some good stuff, some bad...

I don't mind a bit of nudity, naturally, but having naked nymphs holding poses looking at apples was a bit naff to be honest. Also, I really hope that bard dies very quickly, but suspect it's not going to be the case :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
It seems like one of those typical types of series where you've many individual stories lightly interlinked that'll get closer together as it goes on.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok, Ep 3 and 4 done and yes, I'm liking it a lot. Is it ok, though, that I have zero clue what is going on much of the time? Am I being dumb, should I read the books, or is it normal? :confused:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ok, Ep 3 and 4 done and yes, I'm liking it a lot. Is it ok, though, that I have zero clue what is going on much of the time? Am I being dumb, should I read the books, or is it normal? :confused:

Look at each episode as an individual as years may have gone by from one episode to the next.
I've not read the books so yes it's a bit strange some of the time.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

There is very little to no explanation about anything (world, magic, people) so if you haven't read the books or played the game I can certainly imagine that people would have problems understanding wtf is going on half the time. Many of the storylines are also set in different time periods which intentionally isn't made clear until much later on which also adds to the confusion.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There is very little to no explanation about anything (world, magic, people) so if you haven't read the books or played the game I can certainly imagine that people would have problems understanding wtf is going on half the time. Many of the storylines are also set in different time periods which intentionally isn't made clear until much later on which also adds to the confusion.
I had to turn the subs on in the first 10 minutes of the first episode and head to the internet to understand some of the dialogue. A kikimora? A graveir?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks guys - explains quite a lot - I'm definitely going to persist with it (y)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just finished watching all 8 episodes, really enjoyed it tbh, some of Netflix's best work yet. If Henry Cavill sticks with it he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

As others have already said - Yennefer is awesome, really enjoyed her character :) I thought Triss was a bit meh though.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Just watched ep 1 and it is promising

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Six episodes in. It's better but still a bit crap. That fucking bard...

Yoni

Four episodes in and we are both enjoying it.

Yoni

aye just completed looking forward to S2

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It annoys me because it's end-to-end bullshit. Fantasy, as a thing, is end-to-end bullshit.

Sci-Fi gets lumped in with it - which is a shame because I consider it a higher form of art - proper science fiction, not "fantasy" sci-fi.

Still. I liked it. ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Prefer hard Sci-Fi @Embattle - which is why I prefer books to TV :)

Anyway - I'd covered Star Trek in my post. But on the spectrum of: Fantasy - soft sci-fi - sci-fi , Star Trek is way further to the right than Star Wars.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Enjoyed it lots. I was seriously confused for the first few episodes until you realised how the story was being told.

p.s. wtf at having to wait until 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom