TV The Witcher

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Gwadien, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

2. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter

I'm just watching the second episode and it's desperately disappointing so far. Some great fight scenes but dull as you like in between.

3. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Yeah fuck it, this thread isn't worth it after all.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

Think I'm on the 4th episode.

5. Zarjazz

Zarjazz Unemployed Bum Travelling The World.

It gets better as it goes on. Yennifer is particularly good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Is she as good as I've heard she is in 3d hentai? ;)

7. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

I have watched 2 episodes so far, and I'm undecided... some good stuff, some bad...

I don't mind a bit of nudity, naturally, but having naked nymphs holding poses looking at apples was a bit naff to be honest. Also, I really hope that bard dies very quickly, but suspect it's not going to be the case :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Embattle

It seems like one of those typical types of series where you've many individual stories lightly interlinked that'll get closer together as it goes on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Ok, Ep 3 and 4 done and yes, I'm liking it a lot. Is it ok, though, that I have zero clue what is going on much of the time? Am I being dumb, should I read the books, or is it normal? :confused:

10. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

Look at each episode as an individual as years may have gone by from one episode to the next.
    I've not read the books so yes it's a bit strange some of the time.

11. Zarjazz

Zarjazz Unemployed Bum Travelling The World.

There is very little to no explanation about anything (world, magic, people) so if you haven't read the books or played the game I can certainly imagine that people would have problems understanding wtf is going on half the time. Many of the storylines are also set in different time periods which intentionally isn't made clear until much later on which also adds to the confusion.

12. caLLous

I had to turn the subs on in the first 10 minutes of the first episode and head to the internet to understand some of the dialogue. A kikimora? A graveir?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jupitus

Thanks guys - explains quite a lot - I'm definitely going to persist with it (y)

14. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

Just finished watching all 8 episodes, really enjoyed it tbh, some of Netflix's best work yet. If Henry Cavill sticks with it he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

As others have already said - Yennefer is awesome, really enjoyed her character :) I thought Triss was a bit meh though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel FH Subscriber

Just watched ep 1 and it is promising

16. caLLous

Six episodes in. It's better but still a bit crap. That fucking bard...

17. Scouse

Enjoyed it.

Roll on 2021 :(

18. Yoni

Four episodes in and we are both enjoying it.

19. Embattle

Completed, comes together in the end and naturally ready for S2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Yoni

aye just completed looking forward to S2

21. Scouse

It annoys me because it's end-to-end bullshit. Fantasy, as a thing, is end-to-end bullshit.

Sci-Fi gets lumped in with it - which is a shame because I consider it a higher form of art - proper science fiction, not "fantasy" sci-fi.

Still. I liked it. ;)

22. Embattle

View: https://youtu.be/EzVxsYzXI_Y

• Like Like x 1
  23. Scouse

Prefer hard Sci-Fi @Embattle - which is why I prefer books to TV :)

Anyway - I'd covered Star Trek in my post. But on the spectrum of: Fantasy - soft sci-fi - sci-fi , Star Trek is way further to the right than Star Wars.

24. gunner440

gunner440 Hey Daddy Altman

Enjoyed it lots. I was seriously confused for the first few episodes until you realised how the story was being told.

p.s. wtf at having to wait until 2021

• Agree Agree x 4