The Witcher : preview

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Got the game this morning, very impressed so far. Looks great at 1680x1050 and plays well too, the controls are a little odd at first and that is taking me a little while to get used to. All in all though it is looking like a winner so far.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Got it but so far I get an installation error every time around 80%, trying another drive!

Watched my bro play it a bit before getting it, looked very good :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
is it more action rpg oriented or what? i really like the look of this game, but i am worried the action could be a little boring, but it doesn't seem so if the game works as it is apparently intended - with all the sword styles and so forth.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I have been watching this for a while, if they have a diablo/never winter nights-esque multiplayer campaign i will wet myself now in advance
The combat looks very much like assasins creed from the vids

eksdee

FH is my second home
hope so! will probably pick this up sunday at work, the videos look fantastic.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
is it more action rpg oriented or what? i really like the look of this game, but i am worried the action could be a little boring, but it doesn't seem so if the game works as it is apparently intended - with all the sword styles and so forth.

Defo action RPG, the combat controls take a little getting used to but once you gain a few levels you get some killer combat moves. Of course you also have some combat spells, not a wide range but they are all upgradeable in about 20 ways. Same goes for the combat stances and weapon skills as well as character attributes.

Helme

Resident Freddy
What surprises me the most about the game is that it's using an updated version of the Aurora engine, which was used for the FIRST Neverwinter Nights game.

Now thats some damn good coding i'd say :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What surprises me the most about the game is that it's using an updated version of the Aurora engine, which was used for the FIRST Neverwinter Nights game.

Now thats some damn good coding i'd say :p

Aye, some of the visuals are striking as well.

Nate

FH is my second home
great game, love it so far! :D little annoyed about some movement restrictions but other then that it's really nice

Afran

Part of the furniture
Took me a few attempts too, I loaded an old saved game now though to do the side quests I missed :D

You can use Igni and run around the "arena" of fire, just be sure don't go too close to the flames, if you're playing on Hard difficulty then you'll need to be fully buffed (grindstone, spectral oil, blizzard, swallow and have a few Oil's handy), I play on Normal difficulty and killed him using the Igni-kite tactic, once he/the adds were low I used group style to finish off the adds, then finished the beast himself with fast style :)

Alternatively you can just knock him over using the other spell (can't recall the name atm) and one-shot him, works best if he's below 50% health

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Uncle Delket is on Act 3 already, the man is a gaming machine! :D

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tis very very good, bordering on great.
Another game to be added onto the list :D (i have a list of games i want to play this year but cant because its dissertation year, its on 20 atm :()

I just picked up American McGee's Alice for £2 as i hear dit was v good too :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I just picked up American McGee's Alice for £2 as i hear dit was v good too :D

Brilliant game, slightly dark (as in evil) and the controls take a lil while to get used to but very much worth the time :) The levels are just so spinny ;)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
bout in the middle of chapter 4 atm, and i must say its GREAT. only hate the loading times and the crashes that sometimes occur (running vista).
cant wait to play it 2nd or even 3rd time to see how the story turns out with different choices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom