The Witch Hunt Continues....

M

moo_work

Originally posted by Archeon
PBT = Supp
GTAE = RC

And for an SM to get the best PBAE i think it makes it impossible for him to get the res... i dunno, sombody should really look that up.

i think that was her point btw :p

K

krait

Oh, i also think Reavers should be nerfed. How Mythic can justify insta DOT, insta lifetap and a PBAE chant (not to mention styles, shields, and chain armour) all on one class is beyond me :)

This part gave me a nice chuckle.
;)

T

Tasans

PBT = Supp
GTAE = RC

And for an SM to get the best PBAE i think it makes it impossible for him to get the res... i dunno, sombody should really look that up.
Thats the point, albs and hibs sprout that idiotic comments all the time, just to counter spam a antinerf or give love post. Like the healer can get insta mezzes/stuns aoes etc, insta heals, and celerity buffs dmg shield etc.
i think that was her point btw
Her??!!??!!??

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Kerram Darktyde

(for those of you too thick to realise the last bit is a JOKE skalds need some serious loving)

There are persons posting at VN saying that skalds are a support and caster class,and they should be treated us such:rolleyes:
The best thing is that if those retarted comments keep coming in mythic would actually benefit mids.

G

Gekul

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
mythic don't nerf based on whines - just if things need nerfed there will be whines... generally _lots_ of whines.

Things got reported, they looked into it, they noticed zerkers were doing double the damage they thought they should, they nerfed them 30%.

Doublefrostfortehwhine!11

When did you start working for mythic?
Double frost damage has hardly changed. The whines however have increased. Berserkers were nerfed because people are getting bored of the game (and so whining more), they no longer play for fun...

I

inuyasha

I really think some of the people in mythic should start playing the game....

Dont know if you read the patch notes for 1.62b, but among the things, they mention that:

The underhill zealot used to cast a dd+debuff and a dd+snare, we have now removed the dd+snare becase it was not as effective as the dd+debuff...

This was a enchanter tweak (which in itself proves they dont play the game) but.....seriously...snare own a debuff, completly.

If they actually manage to listen to the people that whine that midgard dont have decent tanks for rvr (someone said that on this thread i belive) then its no wonder they get confused, so either players who know what the game is about needs to whine to mythic as well, or mythic gms need to start playing!

Who wanna help me pay a account for kemor? =)

D

Danya

Snare did less damage than debuff for the zealot, now if you want snare you pick the companion and debuff you pick the zealot. Simple really.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Gekul
Berserkers were nerfed because people are getting bored of the game (and so whining more), they no longer play for fun...

Obviously... it's because people are bored - that's it - you've cracked it.

The "double the style damage of everyone else" wasn't anything to do with it.

M

moo_work

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Hope you're trying to be ironic ;)

think he was :p

.... anyway back to savages....

G

Gekul

Obviously... it's because people are bored - that's it - you've cracked it.

Take a look at this grab bag. Doublefrost damage hasn't changed. In 1.50 when the style growth rates were looked at, many were reporting a decrease in df damage at the time (which hadn't been documented). So if the damage hasn't changed (because remember, all zerkers use DBLFROST4THEWIN!1), why is the level of whining higher now than it has ever been?
I have to laugh at mercenaries and BMs unhappy with their upgrades, that's all your going to get now, enjoy being less viable than the main tanks ;)

D

dakeyras

So allow us to play like that, make Hib so that it is a caster dominated land and the tanks are less powerful. Midgard is predominatly populated by warriors, the casters are reduced in power. Albion is reduced so they do not have any tanks that can solo any midgard tanks, or any casters that can solo a hib caster (depending on the situation, obviously) but they are able to combine the two and offer an effective force.

LOL

Have you RvR'd?

Let me explain. Damage is king! Totally and utterly. What you want is 1 Realm to have high damage nukers, 1 Realm to have high damage tanks and 1 Realm to have mediocre in both.

Suggest you try and think of something more plausible.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by dakeyras
LOL

Have you RvR'd?

Let me explain. Damage is king! Totally and utterly. What you want is 1 Realm to have high damage nukers, 1 Realm to have high damage tanks and 1 Realm to have mediocre in both.

bit of a generalisation but whatever, i don't suppose the fact that your an albi makes you biased in any way does it? Don't awnser that, what i put down were my thoughts on what i would like in an ideal world (the thinking behind that being albion has a larger playerbase than most realm, and don't say thats bollocks because we all know it isn't, and don't give me shit about level 50's either because with SI that doesn't hold water either)

So less people = more dmg, more people = less dmg. As a rough idea... but anyway, thanks for your opinion. it was very very informative. Gave a real insite into... umm, somthing.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Gekul
Take a look at this grab bag. Doublefrost damage hasn't changed. In 1.50 when the style growth rates were looked at, many were reporting a decrease in df damage at the time (which hadn't been documented). So if the damage hasn't changed (because remember, all zerkers use DBLFROST4THEWIN!1), why is the level of whining higher now than it has ever been?
I have to laugh at mercenaries and BMs unhappy with their upgrades, that's all your going to get now, enjoy being less viable than the main tanks ;)

grab bags mean shite - do some tests, look at the damage you do.
That's what says you're doing double damage.

And I'm quite happy with the merc changes - all we need is a to-hit bonus on flank (it keeps _missing_ ffs - not parry or evade, miss). There's mercs that want a doublefrost, an anytime uber style - but that's not what we're about.

And I already outdamage a polearmsman (not by a huge amount, but by enough) - and a zerk will still outdamage me ...

D

dakeyras

It was hell of alot to do with it, but I think people also lose track of the population factor.

If there were few zerkers running around they wouldn't have come under scrutiny. the problem is that whenever a class is perceived to be an above average performer then players flock to it, especially if it is reported that it can 1-shot in PvP.

That is what many players want. It is the 'hack' mentality that destroys online FPS games. Many players don't want to play fair, they don't want to be competitive...they want to be superior and then convince themselves that they are uber skilled and that the hacks, bugs, exploits and inbalances are irrelavent.

In addition, Mythic want a balanced spread of classes. If the weekly demographics start to show an upward trend in 1 class and downward for others (within a realm), then that class will be 'looked at'. If the trend continues it has to be quickly reversed. How do you quickly reverse a FOTM trend?

If savages have a population explosion, then a nerf will come. Class demographics don't change without a reason. Sometimes this reason is forced by Mythic artificially making a class less atrractive, sometimes it comes about by the discovery of an exploit that makes the class uber. But, any and every class will be 'adjusted' if it becomes more popular than others.

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by dakeyras
LOL

Have you RvR'd?

hitting for 500-600 with a back style on a char that can stun for 9 seconds and lifetap and dot and abs debuff and pbae dd and swing his wep every 2 sec, is not mediocre mr.reaver

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom