The Wind Is Evil

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Yet another crap day.

Firstly I have to get a repaired PC (dead PSU) back to my son's school, no parking spaces nearby due to Islington council's gestapo-trained CPZ planners, and the Damn Wind is very cruel as I try and lumber the tower case back, took ages and had me knackered, fortunately it didn't get dropped.

When I return to my car the Devil Wind has been in league with the Parking Stasti and blown my ticket (£4 for 2 hours) from the dashboard onto the floor, consequently I've been done for not displaying a ticket, penalty £50 - nuts. I'll try and appeal but I've been through the process before, so I've paid to prevent it rising to £100.

I get home and Mr Wind-Bastard has another suprize in store, a section of my front wall of my house has been blown down and my front garden is full of bricks and roof tiles, I have a big hole at the front of my loft !

All my PC gear is in the loft, so its even more freezing and damp as I type, got it all blocked up with celophane and cardboard now, but tomorrow I'll have to clear up the rubble in my front garden, but before that I'll take a piccie for the insurers and post it here too :)

Should be covered by insurance, got a builder coming tomorrow, but TBH there was a gap forming in the roof and I suspected something was wrong last year but I never got round to it, last night I was moving around stuff in the loft so I may have tipped it over the critical point, however luckily I had moved stuff away from the front.

Double lucky was my old cat, she normally sits out the front on the window sill, bvut today I kept her inside after feeding due to the weather, she would have been buried otherwise !

There was a satellite dish attached to the front from the previous occupants which may have caused the weakening in the wall and certainly contributed to the Evil Wind ripping it away.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
xane said:

Someone hasn't been maintaining his house :)

Mind you, I understand last year was pretty crappy for you m8, so I'm not taking the piss (well I am a bit, but don't take it badly).

:fluffle:

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
As Tom implies, you might want to not repeat the bit about you suspecting something was wrong last year as failing to maintain your property is exactly the sort of thing insurers chuck claims out for. "Normal wear and tear" isnt covered, so if you imply it was already duff, then its your problem for not looking after it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okay, your day was definetly worse than mine. Damn that wind!

/me shakes his fist at the wind.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
You think you have problems. Our septic tank has collapsed internally, meaning that the poo is backing up, flooding the drains and filling the conservatory.
Spent Christmas Eve digging new drain lines to help the excess water escape from the pit, so at least the drain emptied away. Then spent the afternoon rodding all the drains clear.

Made enquiries about having the tank replaced, one company came back with a quote for a waste treatment plant, which basically consists of a mashing pump, a tank and a load of poo eating bugs, striding in at the princley some of £6500 :eek6:

Oh how I wish I only had to worry about a couple of slipped tiles :( (although the scafolding is up to have the entire roof replaced as we speak)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
oh thats rough Wil.

Remember rodding drains on xmas eve a few years back - very smelly.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Got a message from a mate of mine last night informing me that his roof had collapsed on his bed last night. Poor blighter, especially as he lives above some shops so nothing can be done till they are shut. Which I think is Sunday :(

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
heh. Sure he wasn't texting you to ask to get help?

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
If his roof collapsed on his bed during the night surely he must have been in it. That text like Munkey said must have been a cry for help.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Oh my God, what have I done. My mate could well be lying in a pool of bloody right now!

No, he wasn't in the bed as he was downstairs playing computer games ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I like to give a rodding to some poos too.

*acquire jacket*

(P.S. Sympathies to Xane and Wilier.)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
poor youguys :(
for once I'm happy living in a bunker :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It was so windy the other day when I tried to open the door of my car and get out I couldn't. Pushed the door right back closed again. Fucker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom