[INFO] The Who Is NOT Who List

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Post below if your character name(s) from DAoC was/were already taken.
Don't let those imposters scamm people in your name!

These chars are NOT the players from DAoC:
Cylian
Fafnir

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Sorry you didn't get the name you wanted, but I fail to see how they are importers?
It isn't like names are somehow restricted to specific people.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry you didn't get the name you wanted, but I fail to see how they are importers?
just nice to know if u recognize a name
other then that tough luck

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Post below if your character name(s) from DAoC was/were already taken.
Don't let those imposters scamm people in your name!

These chars are NOT the players from DAoC:
Cylian
Fafnir

Uff how can i slap the "wannabe littul blue" now? :/
On topic, ofc he was warning people who knew him in Daoc that he won't be on the same chars cause some1 already took the nick, hard to get it?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
...hard to get it?

Nope, but there´s a difference between

"FYI, player X on server Y is not me."

and

"Player X on Server Y is an imposter! Don´t let him scam you."

Just because someone took a certain name doesn´t make him an imposter, nor does it mean that he can not be trusted more or less than anyone else.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Nope, but there´s a difference between

"FYI, player X on server Y is not me."

and

"Player X on Server Y is an imposter! Don´t let him scam you."

Just because someone took a certain name doesn´t make him an imposter, nor does it mean that he can not be trusted more or less than anyone else.

You are clearly reading more than what's actually in his sentence :ninja:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh for christ's sake chaps - back off a little!

I'm pretty sure that Cylian realises he doesn't have a world-wide claim to that name and his 'they are imposters!!!!' was said somewhat tongue in cheek... blimey o'reilly, get a sense of fun!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh, and if you find a 'Jupitus' in game it's an imposter and keeel the filthy bastich!!!!!

I'm Genia :)

18/F/In your dreams

:p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie

If they're pretending to be "Cylian" from DAoC it's getting a tad bit worrying.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Look at it this way. You have a perfectly good FH account to go around impersonating Cylian from WAR.

N

Nugg0r

what gives you the right to a specific name ? oh wait you dont have one ..

Choose another like everyone else !!

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
<shrug> fine, delete this thread

I just didn't want someone to screw over people I've met in DAoC in the past years by pretending to be me.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
I think if someone knew you they would know you ingame.

I for one played daoc since beta and i have no idea who you are so im sure the list will be short for being conned out of something

pick a new name and enjoy the game

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

I just didn't want someone to screw over people I've met in DAoC in the past years by pretending to be me.

Nah - don't take it to heart.

It's a perfectly valid thing to have a list for people just for information's sake.... why don't you modify it a little so that you not only say 'Cylian was gone, I'm online as xxxx on xxxxx server' ?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
You should know by now way peeps are, that it will occur to at least one sub-horner numpty to fill their account full of well-known names to block em or even impersonate em on the 'daoc' server. Not much you can do so no point moaning about it, ofc someone might just innocently chose the same the name too. Seems no one bothered to nick my name, take it as a complement :(.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

What about the poor guy with your name who gets screwed because of your past actions?

:lol:

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
So many players and so many servers it's more like the old CS nicks now.

I know someone has taken this name on at least two servers, not sure who and not bothered in the least tbh. Doubt he or she could be any less of an annoying wanker than me anyway ;)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Theres like 20 servers. Even if i got my name on one server theres 19 servers I haven't even logged in to so theres almost certainly a few impostors of me out there.

NephrenKa

Fledgling Freddie
And remember dear children Archaon is not Archaon from tabletop.

Give me a brake :)

Who is who?

Pig will always be a pig.

Yes Adam I'm talking about you (There is more than one pig called Adam but this one is sooo special.)

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
Theres like 20 servers. Even if i got my name on one server theres 19 servers I haven't even logged in to so theres almost certainly a few impostors of me out there.

What? You don't go making a char with your name on all servers? madness! :lol:

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
shit i'd be more worried if half the people on the server remembered me with either DAoC or WoW and not if they took my "name" which is taken from something else.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
names are a funny thing people use them for stupid reasons. I have used this name for quite a while now and get it in most places as most people dont know the celtic gods. but in wow people found out from when I was playing it is the welsh celtic god of war and now it is taken on 90% of the servers and is ggetting mroe commonly used. I dont care if other people use it. all it shows is there are some people who are too lazy to think of thier own name.

it was even worse in starwars galaxies as people would copy your name and just put a ' on the end and then pretend to be you as it was very hard to spot the differance in the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom