The wheel of time

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
I stopped reading these after 8 because i got lost when there was a break in the series and i had to w8 over a year for book 8 to be released. I really thought I would go back and read them from the start again when the series was complete ( or jordan was dead ) but it seems like they have become boring and dragged out, maybe Jordan is milking it for every penny he can get or else he has gone mad.. I dont think i will look at them again which is quite sad as the earlier books were some of the best fantasy i have ever read

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've just finished 9, Winter's Heart a few weeks ago. tbh I'm not pleased, as right now the story seems to be going nowhere. Imo the storyline still hasn't peaked, and the last battle looms just around the corner. I really hope Jordan isn't going to rush through the whole thing in one book, as that would really suck, yet on the other hand I hope he'd pick up the pace as I just managed to grind through 8 and 9 :/

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Breni said:
I haven't bought Crossroads of Twilight yet, but I have a fair idea on how it goes...
When I got to the final chapter, I got the distinct impression that the story hadn't advanced significantly beyond where it was at the beginning of chapter one...

I'm currently reading the prequel, which I have to say is a lot better than the later WoT books. The question has to be asked though: Why is he writing prequels when he hasn't finished the series?!?

It's so frustrating to see a prequel appear on the shelves when I've been waiting since finishing book 9 (and having been disappointed in this regard by book 10) to find out what happens next! :p

Lord of the Underdark

Fledgling Freddie
TWoT

TWoT was very difficult going through both 9 and 10, if you want a sharp series that is interesting and fun, with twists all the way through try George R Martin's Song of Fire and Ice....

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
watch tho. George R R Martin is still writing this series.

A feast for Crows is still not yet published.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Lord of the Underdark said:
TWoT was very difficult going through both 9 and 10, if you want a sharp series that is interesting and fun, with twists all the way through try George R Martin's Song of Fire and Ice....
I like the Song of Fire and Ice... although I do find his tendency to do brutal and unpleasant things to the characters that you've come to like and think of as the 'main' characters to be a bit frustrating at times! :p

Lord of the Underdark

Fledgling Freddie
Song of fire and ice

:clap:

Yes, but the fact that there is a writer who is willing to sacrifice his main characters and develop new ones during a series means that this writer is a step past the norm in this genre.

:clap:

Sar

Part of the furniture
Hmm, I got the 2nd book in that F&I series for a measly quid at a hospital charity book shop.

Might have to buy the first book though before I read it - dunno if I could step into a series mid-way through.

Lord of the Underdark

Fledgling Freddie
Song of fire and ice

Sar said:
Hmm, I got the 2nd book in that F&I series for a measly quid at a hospital charity book shop.

Might have to buy the first book though before I read it - dunno if I could step into a series mid-way through.

Seriously think you shouldnt with this series as the first book gives you most of the background that the series is built on..

Sar

Part of the furniture
It'll be a while anyway - I bought War of the Flowers by Tad Williams, which I'm reading through atm, then I have Jester by James Patterson to read too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom