The ultimate bombgroup?

fortunefish

Banned
because it would be boring frankly Tilda.

I was going to come here to say "Fu all im going to do it and own you all" but somehow my confience is knocked by the big post :(.

I feel that i wanted to do something hard, but not something that is going to have a high profile (on of the only full bombgrps around) and then crash and burn. Maybe Enclave have it right, a half and half setup. More utility that way. I was inspired by films such as Ahm/DH/french DH ones...though it seems in commonplace RvR there is no room for this.

Thats why, I'm going to try it on heehards (Decode this anyone who isnt a GM ;)) and then If it works i will move to live and exp it up, if we find that without ToA we cannot win then we have no chance with it.

There are some unskilled players out there, we will just have to pray on those untill we get up ranks.

Wish me luck, and I hope to be able to pull a group together this summer (around june) if daoc is still alive <3.

Regards and thanks for your help

Fortunefish

P.S. I will be making a RvR group (fotm or bomb) nomatter, so ill see you in summer with a regular tank/caster hybrid grp if my bombsquad dies.

:cheers:

fortunefish

Banned
Nerf too late to edit.

FAO all: What is house of Ahm's actuall bomb setup looks like this but there is 1 too many

Healer
Healer
Shaman
Skald
Thane
WL
SM
SM???

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Imo try and go for it. As some have said already this setup wont be working well v other "normal" groups running about but moments do occour. Our old setgroup contained 1 sup sm and we did manage to drop the bomb quite a few times on even other set groups.

Where your suggested group will really shine will be around keeps and towers. I could imagine it would be heeps of fun :)

Maybe it would be possible to create a setup that could still bomb yet also be able to perform ok ( not optimized ) in the fg warfare. Perhaps something in the lines of:

pac
aug
sham
thane
skald
bd
warlock
dark rm

ae stun+st+twf+wl pbaoe dump while rm spams ae nukes can still cause quite some havok. You can also swap out the skald for another dark rm for more dps and ae when needed, but I think maximum speed will be needed for a group who highly gonna depend on getting the jump.

gl with it :)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
Imo try and go for it. As some have said already this setup wont be working well v other "normal" groups running about but moments do occour. Our old setgroup contained 1 sup sm and we did manage to drop the bomb quite a few times on even other set groups.[..]

Yep we're currently running with a sup sm as well. He was supposed to respec to dark when we were done with PvE but we're having to much fun with him being sup. Even a single halfsuccessfull bomb can make an entire night of running our setgroup worth it :).

The feeling when you win a normal fight = great.. a feeling of accomplishment. The feeling when you win a fight in under 5 seconds = hilarious.. pain in your tummy from laughing non stop for 15 minutes after it :p

fortunefish

Banned
Pirkel said:
Yep we're currently running with a sup sm as well. He was supposed to respec to dark when we were done with PvE but we're having to much fun with him being sup. Even a single halfsuccessfull bomb can make an entire night of running our setgroup worth it :).

The feeling when you win a normal fight = great.. a feeling of accomplishment. The feeling when you win a fight in under 5 seconds = hilarious.. pain in your tummy from laughing non stop for 15 minutes after it :p

that's what I want :cheers:

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Its funny for sure yeah, but after i've had my first few 4-5mins+ fg fight that is vastly what I prefer now. Thats 4-5 mins of adrenalin rush where to just 5 secs :)

That said I do miss a good ol' bomb now and then and maybe our group is even capble of doing just that as ppl should not underestimate the power of AE hammers of doom! :D

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cleric
Cleric
sorc
reaver
caster tic
caster tic
caster tic
caster tic

That's 6 DI's or 18000 free hitpoints of healing!
4 banelords (5 if you lose the bg on the sorc)
twf
6 healers
6 rezzers (4 with monster rez)
4 * tic rr5

Have 1 tic aoe snare the enemy train while the other 3 aoe uninteruptable nuke the enemy support..

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
fortunefish said:
Nerf too late to edit.

FAO all: What is house of Ahm's actuall bomb setup looks like this but there is 1 too many

Healer
Healer
Shaman
Skald
Thane
WL
SM
SM???

Replace 'SM???' with BD or RM depending on who's playing, and you have it.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
drop the pbaoe group, doesn't work now :(

Too meny people have wised up about interupts etc (even if 2 SM's Fire MoC3, there not going to do good enough damage)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
fortunefish said:
Mabe an alb group using some banelord?

Icer
Reaver/Icer
Reaver
Cleric
Cleric
Thurg
Friar

icer
icer
icer / ice theurg
reaver (banelord + twf)
friar (bg + ST)
mincer / sorc
cleric
cleric

seems to work for me, as long as we avoid roaming in the openb field, as single group, with a setup like this.

only rarely that we have a reaver running with us though... most often a third cleric or tic tbh...

E

Eruptix

Golena said:
Cleric
Cleric
sorc
reaver
caster tic
caster tic
caster tic
caster tic

That's 6 DI's or 18000 free hitpoints of healing!
4 banelords (5 if you lose the bg on the sorc)
twf
6 healers
6 rezzers (4 with monster rez)
4 * tic rr5

Have 1 tic aoe snare the enemy train while the other 3 aoe uninteruptable nuke the enemy support..
one would be surprised how well this could work ^^
tic's assist focus nuking on same target,can only be interrupted in melee
which means the reaver should slam all tanks of the heretics,which then nuke down tanks asap,can even get 1 heretic to focus on ae snaring support for interrupts etc..

i'd love to try this setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom