The ultimate bombgroup?

fortunefish

Banned
Healer - pac/mend (AOE stun, AOE mezz, soj)
Healer - pac/mend (AOE stun, AOE mezz, soj)
Shaman - Buffshear, VR, Ichor, PBAOE desease, FoP
Thane - ST, BG, interupt, guard, slam, Wrath of Champions
WL - Chambers, pbaoe
SM - Highest delve PBAOE, moc, ml9 pet
SM - Highest delve PBAOE, moc, ml9 pet
BD - banelord bomb, TWF, interupt, BOAD.

In theory, isnta single mezz sorc, aoe mezz grp when running stopped and they are boxed. Bombers run in, aoe stun, PBOAE from WLs + SMs, WoC form thane + ST from thane, TWF from BD and BD banelord bomb.

Seems pretty amasing, what with the insta mezz and insta aoe stun quite hard to do badly with this group. Thane also is an amasing BGer, nice interupt ST and WoC for bombing.

Could it work, anything wrong with it. Is it viable on excal these days.

fortunefish

Banned
Missing skald isnt it, also insta aoe mezz > split on inc...if we have a good healer there is no problem.

Anything worth swapping a skald with?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
if any group cant even split on inc then i doubt you would need to "bomb" them, you would get chained by any group with anything remotly like skill.

Himse

FH is my second home
Raven said:
if any group cant even split on inc then i doubt you would need to "bomb" them, you would get chained by any group with anything remotly like skill.

not really, since you have high damage output. kill support and you win hopefully :p

fortunefish

Banned
SM pbaoe is cold?

And if anyone's seend DH and bomb movies, they dont have a problem getting some nice boxed mezzes...
even if we dont, a few tanks assisting on 3-4 bombers is never good, moc + BD + guard + Slam + stun > tanks

edit: Also, am i right in saying that ST is a seperate type of stun to regular, or do they both counter eachother?

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
fortunefish said:
SM pbaoe is cold?

And if anyone's seend DH and bomb movies, they dont have a problem getting some nice boxed mezzes...

yes... like 2 years ago, indeed if u can get stacked enemies u can prolly fuck em up pretty badly, if they dont purge etc, but BL abilities etc will most likely fuck u up pretty much when trying to stack it up. could prolly work good as a zerg farming grp would prefer to have a skald along aswell.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
1 heretic in the enemy group and the plan is ruined. If the enemies split up, the plan is ruined. If the enemy have any kind of aoe caster, the bomb is ruined. Amnesia spammed from a distance will destroy most warlocks. Even banelords will give you a very hard time.

It just doesnt work these days unless you're intending on tower humping :p

fortunefish

Banned
moc > all of those except amnesia, even banelord...what im palying on is insta insta insta that mid ahve, if smoeone is amnesia spamming BD can take them down, alb/hib only have 1 amnesia spammer. Banelord tanks should be dead in seconds if we box, they are not gonna stand and watch now.

I would be interested in running a setup like this pve 1-50 in summer...maybe I can get some old friends back.

Skald would be useful I agree, what could i replace the skald with.

The BD will take out casters from inside the Box preferably.

Will be tough as crap at low elvels and will involve us bombing keep doors to get to rr5 atleast.

Regards

FF

Himse

FH is my second home
Surprisingly said:
without a rc rm who debuffs cold for those sms thye will do shit dmg

sm pbaoe is spirit. screw single nuking :p let the wl chamber 1 cleric / dr00d then just baseline the other, screw debuffs,

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Bomb groups are so very over rated..

Sure you can "farm" low RR groups and do semi well VS zergs

But any Setgroup / Guild Group will eat you alive, unless you have a quite high RR group setup but then you are probably better off doing something else then running around bombing.

and waiting for those abilities get boring quite fast.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
In theory it'll work. In reality, you will only get it off if you're facing people who aren't paying attention. :)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Find a pleasent bridge tower and pack in 2x healers and a hell of a lot of wl's... 101% rp guarantee...

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Healer
Healer
Shaman
Thane (bg, st, interrupts)
Bonedancer (Agony Transmission bomb, TWF)
Berserker (Agony Transmission bomb)

rly

Tilda

tbh i dont think you'll do well.
Back in the day bomb groups were good however now, you'll almost always get interupted.

You say insta mez/stun, this is why sorcs/bards have purge 2/3 or sos.
and again, sorcs have longer range so you'll lose all the time to them. whereas bards can either sos on you or counter-insta. But you cant sos to counter them, you just get owned.
If they fire that their group is split, and you're a bomb group without anything to bomb.
Similarly, you say omg we'll own tanks if we box.
What if hibs are running a champ for ST or warden for twf, same for albs, st on friar twf on reaver. Pisseasy to drop it on your box, and you're owned.
You gotta remember when boxed your uber easy to interupt too.
Ok so a hib grp with 2 druids 1 eld 1 bard rest tanks hits you. You box up, bard spams mez/amnesia. eld is NSing and stun/nooking druids are sheering/rooting.
And what can you do? ok insta 1 or 2, but not all because they can spread out. perhaps warlock can kill 1 after eating DI, but then its not hard to PR them. Then perhaps you could moc on both SM's, but then vs casted stun etc, tbh I dont think you'll last long.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire, but imho bomb groups just arn't that viable now.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
good at tower camping/bridge camping, on open field u will get raped hard and fast

fortunefish

Banned
thanks alot for the input

back to the drawing board...

Seems there are just no anti-fotm groups :eek:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
fortunefish said:
moc > all of those except amnesia, even banelord...what im palying on is insta insta insta that mid ahve, if smoeone is amnesia spamming BD can take them down, alb/hib only have 1 amnesia spammer. Banelord tanks should be dead in seconds if we box, they are not gonna stand and watch now.

I would be interested in running a setup like this pve 1-50 in summer...maybe I can get some old friends back.

Skald would be useful I agree, what could i replace the skald with.

The BD will take out casters from inside the Box preferably.

Will be tough as crap at low elvels and will involve us bombing keep doors to get to rr5 atleast.

Regards

FF

Well group heretic fires rr5 and you're now doing just a quarter of the damage you were doing before. Sorc is spamming amnesia (they can MoC too :p) and you're doing pretty much no damage. All the banelord tanks have to do is then pick different targets and you're screwed.

A bonedancer can't take out enemy casters alone unless the groups clerics are afk either. Especially if it's interupted (relying on insta lifetap only).

Tilda

I really hate to have to say what I did, it would be awesome if a bomb grp could compete against a mixed group or just a tank group, but atm they cant :(

fortunefish

Banned
@Tilda

Wasn't really after a bomb group, was after something that could just change the spin on things a bit. Fotm hib grp atm being Champ Light Eld Warden Bard Druid Druid BM BM isnt gonna change soon really. Same with alb : Friar Sorc Cleric Cleric Merc Merc Thurg Cabby. They are just too good, i want to be able to make a grp that plays on their weaknesses, the only conclusion I came to was that they both have two tanks which have to be engaged at all times, no tanks = no dmg because casters are as you say far to easy to kill and interupt these days.

Help me form a ubersetup, something different. I only hose mid for the ST AoE stun and instas aswell as WL <3

Regards

FF

Mabe an alb group using some banelord?

Icer
Reaver/Icer
Reaver
Cleric
Cleric
Thurg
Friar

Lol enclave style, oh wait...damn...they are fotm :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
bigchief said:
healer
healer
skald
sham
wl
wl
wl
wl

rly :<

Once again, Alb groups heretic fires rr5 ability, you're screwed. Even with baod3, you shouldn't be able to kill more then 2 of an enemies group before your warlocks no longer have any chambers up and you're cannon fodder. DI ftw :p

Norly :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
In todays DAoC there is no real ubersetup that works 100%, most setups have certain weaknesses and yes, some do work out better than others but overall one cannot say this is THE setup that will rule anything.

Overall some rules are:

Disease is a good counter vs heavy tankbased groups, use it alot and kite is working quite well. Means support and casters need to know how to prekite ofc or they get new arseholes all day long.

Banelords is a good counter vs casterbased groups, along with chargers. Fit one in if you can, 2 is nice aswell since they can split usage on the timers and have important MLs up almost every fight.

Nearsight is an extremely good counter vs casterbased groups aswell and is quite multifunctional overall. Fit one in if you can.

Try to have casted resistbuffs of all types in a group, it matters alot more than most think it does. Fit it in if you can.

now if we take those rules and apply on different groupsetups we get:

Alb: Cabalist, Merc, Friar. Add in 2 clerics and a sorc aswell since those are crucial we have filled 6 spots already. 2 Spots are left and it is debated what would be best suited here, theurg is a solid interrupter, can also add in another caba for some damage or bodysorcs or more mercs or whatever really. Up to you. Maintain Caba, merc, friar, sorc, cleric, cleric and you have a working good solid setup.

Hib: Lighteld, BM, Warden (some groups run 2 bards and no warden, it works out for some at least), add in a bard and 2druids and you have 6 spots filled. Add in another BM and a champ and you have a wellworking tanktrain which is quite nasty to face, you can also fill with a champ and a bainshee for example for some added DPS and longrangeinterrupt from bainshee. There is no real rule here really, the core imho is lighteld, BM, druid, druid, bard and a warden, you cant go wrong with that build.

Mid: Shaman, Zerker, aug/mend-healer, add in another healer with alil bit of pac too, a skald for speed/sos/AM3/DPS/interrupt and we have 5 spots filled, fill the 3 remaining spots with perhaps, a BGer, a BD and a savage/zerker/SM/RM or something like that, mid is quite flexible imo and a RM isnt 100% needed from what I've seen but a wellplayed RM is ofc an asset if he can NS/interrupt well along with some solid damage.

Well.. thats pretty much all I have to say about it, as you can see, there are reasons why successful groups run certain groupbuilds, it is extremely hard to bypass some rules and still run a working setup that does well vs most groups out there.

Regarding the bombgroupidea.. just drop it mate, for your own sake. One banelord is all it takes to rip that group apart and hand your ass to you on a silverplate. Det5tanks just refuse to stand still enough time for you to massbomb them away. First thing I always pop on a bombgroup is demor when I play merc, then I pop Zone of Unmana and after that it is pretty much finito for the other group. 2 instant spells is all it takes, from someone who cant be CCd a longer time. Remember that. As Tesla said, you can do successful bombing, on ppl who dont pay attention but.. cmon now, wheres the sport in that? ;)

Tilda

Random question, why not go alb theurg grp?

Cleric
Cleric
Mincer
Pally
Ice Theurg
Ice Theurg
Ice Theurg
E/I Theurg

On inc you run away and spam ice pets on the people who are closest :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom