The Twitter thread !

n00b

Loyal Freddie
Well this thread is for us that uses Twitter.
Suggestions of good twitters are welcomed and add your own if you want for the rest of FH Twitters to follow.

My twitter is GRYM79

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mine is @mystic_g

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
RT: @Chilly and yer all dicks.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Im not sure you're allowed to retweet that, given the content.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
@JingleBells - mostly full of forwarded youtube vids, football chat and crap camera phone pictures of non-league football grounds

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
So, I've just had a look at this Twitter thingamejig and I have a question.

If I send a twit (tweet? message?) for someone, let's say @mystic_g, but the G-man isn't following me, will he see the twit (tweet? message?)?

The help files say you both have to be following each other, so I kind of don't see the point... I'm probably just being thick as pig shite... (is pig shit thick?)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If he looks at his timeline, or uses an app, then probably yes.

You both have to be following each other to send DMs.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
To be honest I have never understood how Twitter works, seriously. Example, how can one follow a conversation or am I missing something fundamental???

Will

/bin/su
Twitter is a strange hybrid of several ideas. I think of it as a feed of lots of microblogs. Conversations as such only happen really quickly, if one of you goes offline, it tends to die. But that isn't really what it is for. Not that I'm really sure what it is for. Dividing people into lists (news, friends etc) makes it more useful as well, otherwise Channel 4 news drowns out people who post less regularly.

@Rev_WiII

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
rev_wii? you're a console?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
To be honest I have never understood how Twitter works, seriously. Example, how can one follow a conversation or am I missing something fundamental???
Not really, a decent device client will do all the work here and they're trying to change the website so it does, basically it's an information source.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Word of warning, my twitter account got hacked. Whoever did it, changed my email address on the account to some @yahoo.com address, so I can't recover or change the password anymore. Twitter support basically shrugged in a "We can't do anything about it" manner, and left it at that.

And no, my computer is fine, this is related to the twitter db hack couple weeks ago, which got very little publicity.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Word of warning, my twitter account got hacked. Whoever did it, changed my email address on the account to some @yahoo.com address, so I can't recover or change the password anymore. Twitter support basically shrugged in a "We can't do anything about it" manner, and left it at that.

And no, my computer is fine, this is related to the twitter db hack couple weeks ago, which got very little publicity.
Are you a female celebrity?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That was the wanky apple stuff that got hacked...so basically don't store anything on Icloud if you want to keep it private.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Or don't use for example jlau1 with the password password1.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I don't use iCloud or any other cloud based service for storing data, outside google for contacts.

They got the password hashes from twitter, i reckon that's how they got to me. I don't even remember what password i had used, but it's inconsequential, i have different password sets for different services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom