The truth about Frairs......

S

seeaira

You know... every time im out RvRing with Vireb he never quits amazing me in how he out tanks me.. i end up dead and hes going one on one with 4 people and WINS .. and on top of winning he has like 50% health left... But it wasnt until yesterday when we were out and 4 gaurds caught us on a hill as i was trying to get health back.. i was at 10% so died fast with 4 gaurds on me.. but VIREB just tanks away and one by one kills them all!!!! so then I saw it...... his pink tights gave it away .. Frairs are ballerinas!!!!!!!!!!! and they do their little dance... evade evade.. tip toe tip toe .. :rolleyes: :p

http://www.onfire.homestead.com/dancer.html

C

chi_

Friars are impressive in PvE, 1v1s. Not so amazing in open field RvR though, as many found out when they jumped on the flavour of the month bandwagon.

S

seeaira

Originally posted by chi_
Friars are impressive in PvE, 1v1s. Not so amazing in open field RvR though, as many found out when they jumped on the flavour of the month bandwagon.

Hmmm I dont know what friar you have been going RvR with ... but PvP Vireb kicks more ass then I can even dream of.. Its rare i see him die unless there are 3 or 4 on him.. but it all goes to specing im sure... and who is playing it. But yeah... he out tanks me anyday...

P

[PS]Venom

Let's face it, it's not difficult to outtank a paladin most of the time :p

P

[PS]Venom

Unless you're uber.

Like me.

<cough>

Why is everyone looking at me funny?

S

seeaira

Originally posted by *Hienrich*
Let's face it, it's not difficult to outtank a paladin most of the time :p

:eek: lol hmmm I see a duel coming on...

T

TeslaUK

Friars are underestimated much of the time. In PvE they are xp machines. I only took one as high as 24, but in bg1 it was great fun and great help to solo and groups, I have no doubt they can be great in RvR if played and specced well.

Ok it's a low level example, but my friar many times in PvE took out 2 yellows and a blue and lived to tell the tale and benefit from the xp. Not through choice, I'm not that crazy, but if I took on a yellow and was aware a blu con might aggro I would ususally go for it anyway (solo), it's those times when anotehr yellow joins in unexpected that shows how good they are :)

1v1 in BG1, I rarely lost to any class except stealthers, and the occasional zerker. Zerkers hit hard, for sure, but only if they can hit you :p

C

chi_

Originally posted by TeslaUK
Friars are underestimated much of the time. In PvE they are xp machines. I only took one as high as 24, but in bg1 it was great fun and great help to solo and groups, I have no doubt they can be great in RvR if played and specced well.

Ok it's a low level example, but my friar many times in PvE took out 2 yellows and a blue and lived to tell the tale and benefit from the xp. Not through choice, I'm not that crazy, but if I took on a yellow and was aware a blu con might aggro I would ususally go for it anyway (solo), it's those times when anotehr yellow joins in unexpected that shows how good they are :)

1v1 in BG1, I rarely lost to any class except stealthers, and the occasional zerker. Zerkers hit hard, for sure, but only if they can hit you :p

Note: PvE and 1v1s :(

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by seeaira

Bring it!

I believe you're a 2handed paladin gimp, should be easy.

Huh? What do you mean I'm a 2handed paladin gimp as well...

Uhh...

Nemmind.

Would be happy to duel, love trying my luck against tanks of all shapes and sizes :D

M

Motowntheta

2-H paladin .... I'll challenge you with my Earth Theur :)

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Motowntheta
2-H paladin .... I'll challenge you with my Earth Theur :)

Only if you attack speed boof me first :D

J

Jiggs

wtf is it, like once apon a time we ALL wore robes, only enarion was the odd one wearing his lynn barfog vest.

now its like "ok how ghey can i look in my panties and cap?"

ROBES *ok* fgs like you know: grow a beard, get a dress and kick some bootiE.

P

Pin

Originally posted by *Hienrich*
Only if you attack speed boof me first :D

more likely attack speed debuffed by the earth theurg in the duel ;)

C

chi_

Originally posted by Pin
more likely attack speed debuffed by the earth theurg in the duel ;)

Earth theurg probably pities him. Can't blame her really :(

M

Motowntheta

Yeah... I'll tank him down :) Better hope he's got FH :)

A

Aule Valar

got a 2h arms down to just over 1/3rd health in a combat duel yesterday, and i'm and air theurg, so earth therug, phear

oh and he was ressick, but thats a minor triffle of a point

K

keibaen

Aww :(

At least your not Cookie Cutter spec like i'll probably be :/

Oh and the Pink tights go realy well with the rest of Vireb's outfit :p

D

deffy

On patch day when everyone was dueling in cots I killed several paladins and armsmen before they could even reach me, and I let them start right in front of me. The pallys lost coz they timed taunt wrong, but I was shocked when I beat armsmen coz I don't stand a chance agianst a hero or warrior, prolly just coz there all buffed to the nutz though ;)

Edit: I'm 41 Ice 35 Earth btw

P

Pin

Judging by the picture, I'd spell it

F..A..I..R..I..E..S

:p

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by seeaira

I seem to remember a certain duel with a certain paladin in which a certain friar buffed that certain paladin, used no buffs for himself, and fought without armor.

Does that certain paladin remember who won?

...Well ok, the certain paladin won, but when the certain friar put his armor on he kicked arse ;)

S

Sohan_THC

Friars are so sweet in dancing :cool:

i body pull rocots for some emerald seals to spoil my alts
so get like 6 orso on my tail.
so i was working with 6 of them and poef some norse stealther poped up in the middle of the mobs.

No worry just finished the 6 mobs first
and THEN the norse :clap:

I had such a laugh i felt of the chair here.

he only did hit me 3 time's for like 100 orso.
out of like 15 tries .
and all those rocots (con green and blue) u usualy parry or evade
it was real dancing along the way ;)

Friars are cewl especial when drunk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom