The three Realms in RvR.......

N

Novamir

The three realms are balanced.

All realms can make an efficient fighting force with the essential components for the best team. People who whine that the realms are unbalanced either don't see the balance, or are too stupid to make a good team.

This is my opinion. Discuss.

T

Trubble

maybe they are, but please explain this

Maybe all the three realms are balanced, im not so sure about it.

Perhaps you can explain why the abls seem to be dominating low rp gains and hibs high rp gain. Actually if you look at this statistic, only the three albion stealth class are able to compete with hibernia classes. All other alb class have lower rps.

Maybe the statistics are buggy, maybe alb players are just not as good players... perhaps you can explain it.

http://www.camelot-seer.com/classes/rp50.php?x=8

-
Wafeljern

O

old.Xanthian

Thats overall the daoc servers in the world..

Im sure Noobamir is just refering to Excalibur.

K

kinadold

I often group with guild, and we have a nice sorc.

Mids : Ae insta mezz.

Kayla mezz 8 mids, dwarf (1200+ hp, insta heals, chain, ae insta mezz) purge, then fire insta ae mezz. Now most are mezzed and you have a choice to purge if you have it. Fight may be even depending on lv, class and how many has purge. Often mids
win since this is now messy close combat, and mids seem to be strongest there. If all albs dont have purge you will lose even from a winning position. Much easier to kill a sorc than a healer, so great risk you wont mezz first.

Hibs : Mach 5 Ae mezz and group purge !.

Kayla mezz 8 hibs, will be countered with group purge and
barde will fire mezz. Now all albs will die unless they have purge.
Hibs dont need to spend RA on purge, so they can take other RA's. Again from a winning position you will be lucky to win.
Its close combat and mezzy, but with moose and ip there is noway our tanks can take hib tanks down fast. Not to mention that any hib nuker can kill 3-4 in a fight. Stun (purge used), nuke, nuke, nuke,nuke.

But since you in the realm with group purge and paralyze on every mage im sure you dont see a problem. If a hero gets close to a alb mage its whack whack. If a armsman get close to a hib mage its stun, nuke, nuke.....

This has nothing to do with numbers of sorcs/healers/bards, its
just how group fights end up these days. Plz tell me Novamir
how albs can make a group to counter insta mezz, group purge, paralyze and ubertanks.

I have seen alb tanks with fast weapons, who gets close 1on1 with a hib mage, even get the first few hits in, but still lose.

Albs do have some good classes compared to hibs and mids,
scouts, infiltraitors, minstrels. But these classes aint gonna win
battles. Help yes, but win no.

When you get beaten enough times from a winning position,
because the other realms have better tools than you, then the
zerg starts.

You may disagree, but thats how many albs feel these days.

K

K0nah

free 9 second stun on all casters in your realm (2+ per grp the norm)

the main healing class is also the main speeding class and has AoE mezz and soon insta-aoe-mezz (1 per grp the norm, 2 not uncommon)

discussion over.

C

cokeuberalles

6.50 am but i'll try to make some sense.

"All realms can make an efficient fighting force with the essential components for the best team. People who whine that the realms are unbalanced either don't see the balance, or are too stupid to make a good team."

I don't know. I guess you could argue that just because people CAN play sorcs and mez for their RvR groups, they should be happy with that. Personally I think there has to be a reason why people don't play them even though I found nothing wrong with mine in the BGs.

Way back I remember mythic saying that they didn't want healing classes to be rare in daoc. If any of you played EQ you'd know that clerics (which were required in xp/raid groups) only did one thing and that was to heal. They could smite a bit, but those were never used because they sucked. So in daoc they gave all 3 realms healers lots of abilities, healers getting mez, mana regen, speed, haste etc, clerics getting great smites, mez, stun and druids getting...well pets, but lots of people were playing them anyway so it was all good. All this was done for PvE. You shouldn't have to spend two hours looking for a healer before you could start exping.

They forgot about RvR though, or rather, they didn't have time to test it enough. I don't think they had a clue as to how big impact CC and speed would have on RvR. (Hello chain stunning)

So while sorcs can be absolutely awesome in RvR you compare them to other casters. Compared to me they got the same dmg on their spec nuke, speed and AE mez which of course sounds pretty great, but in reality the only thing that matters is their mezzing powers compared to healers and bards and in regards to that they fall short imo, especially against instas. I see healers and bards charging to mez enemies, but sorcs can't really do that because they die too fast, or perhaps they all suck, what do I know.

All in all it's not that bad, but imo they shouldn't have put main healing and CC on such different classes because if they aren't balanced nothing is.

N

Novamir

Originally posted by K0nah
free 9 second stun on all casters in your realm (2+ per grp the norm)

the main healing class is also the main speeding class and has AoE mezz and soon insta-aoe-mezz (1 per grp the norm, 2 not uncommon)

discussion over.

the two most common chars in albion RvR are clerics (smite or rejuv), and minstrels. clerics get a baseline 9sec stun, albeit with 500 less range than hibs. minstrels get a 6sec instant stun.

your main mezzing class also has quickcast and equal best nukes in the game (not mentioning other goodies such as pet, self baseline speed buff and lifedrain).

facts have been put up here before that albs have an equal number of level 50 sorcs as we have bards. please could someone show me those stats again, because i think they are pretty equal.

its not our fault you guys can't bring level 50 sorcs to emain, nor is it our fault that you can't get your clerics to co-ordinate with your damage doers to break mez with a stun, and kill inside the stun.

1/2 caster per group is normal. albs will always get 1/2 clerics and 1/2 minstrels.

re: group purge. for it to be useful in most circumstances (ie: when the whole group is mezzed), the druid must buy purge then group purge. this is very rare, and few druids have it. its a very sweet ability however if your druid can avoid getting mezzed.

re: charging in to mez. sorc hits sprint. sorc hits /face and aoe mez. sorc runs off 2 seconds later with sprint still on, and enemies mezzed. seen it over and over with veeshan, it's amazing that it never caught on with the rest of the sorcs in emain (though sorusi is damn good at his job too).

A

Arthwyr

Uhm then how come alb classes are least popular in pvp ... I mean since they are so "balanced"

N

Novamir

who the hell wants to be a gallant knight when you can be a little blue man?

but seriously... the alb chars just don't appeal to me as 'cool' in the same way that luris and kobolds do, so im definitely gonna be one of them in pvp.

otherwise, wheres the stats for alb chars on pvp? would like to see em.

i was seriously considering body sorc or air theurg. level best DD, 45 sec / 33 sec aoe mez, speed (u gota have this if ur gona be mage imo), stun pet for theurg/basic interrupt pet for sorc etc (+ofc 10sec pbt on theurg).

none of the 3 alb tank classes seem appealing in any way.. if i would choose hybrid i'd go skald, full tank then warrior, light tank then zerker. smite cleric was an option but i guess there will be lots of em, minstrels/infs well they will be everywhere and i don't like common classes.

O

old.Outlaw

lol u all forgot to mention what I discovered hibs have yesterday :

Group Purge :puke:

Rofl Balanced

Rofl Paralyze, Rofl 350 radius on mezz Balanced

but you're right tho with some skillz j00 m00ses have weaknesses that can be overcome like you're affinity to split and run and except for u champions j00 all have weak HP. :m00:

O

old.BJ|Bored

hibs = so many chars in a fight can break a single mes'd target via a stun then just nuke away

albs = hardly any can and none wait for people who can break with stun to do it

far as i see it, you musta realised by now that when you get messed, you still get a chance to fight after some1 breaks your mes, where as albs are just stood mesed, then paralyzed till their dead.

C

Cerverloc

I have been a alb for a very long time now and believe me you don't want to waste your precious time on leveling one. If only I could do it all over. :(

The Excrucio Family:
510.jpg

O

old.Akirai

Nova your forgetting that minstrels and clerics do not have 600 dmg nukes. Stunned by a hib caster its goodnight, stunned by a cleric or minstrel your back on them with plenty hp left.The tanks are very well balanced i think. Main tank, midgard's aint as good but when scale becomes vulnerable to slash the armsman and hero will be on par (slash will even out the moose skill), but the hybrid tanks and light tanks, Midgard's kicks arse.

Replace hib casters stun with a root like the other 2 realms casters have, and maybe give the stun to druid/bard. Then give minstrel or some other half-class an insta aoe mez, and i would say yeah....the realms are balanced.

O

old.BJ|Bored

and in case you missed it a hib caster with the ra to not be interupted can just sit there ae nuking doing stupid dmg to tanks near by that just sit beating on the mage but cant kill him before his ae kills 3/4.

balanced? hmm

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old.BJ|Bored
and in case you missed it a hib caster with the ra to not be interupted can just sit there ae nuking doing stupid dmg to tanks near by that just sit beating on the mage but cant kill him before his ae kills 3/4.

as goes for all 3 realms casters

N

Novamir

whats so hard in the teamwork of getting your 1 of 2 clerics to stun, and focus ur attacks on that person, before moving on?

it's an advanced tactic we've been using in hib for ages :rolleyes:

and i've very rarely been in a FG with more than 2 casters. comparatively, albs will be able to get 2 clerics per group just as easily.

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by Novamir
whats so hard in the teamwork of getting your 1 of 2 clerics to stun, and focus ur attacks on that person, before moving on?

it's an advanced tactic we've been using in hib for ages :rolleyes:

and i've very rarely been in a FG with more than 2 casters. comparatively, albs will be able to get 2 clerics per group just as easily.

your missing my point ;)

im saying in hib you have many classes who can stun-then kill the target solo, where as in alb we have very very few classes, maybe the cleric, who can stun and kill the target before stun wears off.

and we're lucky to get 1 cleric in a group atm, and thats rejuv spec'd.

O

old.Filip

Hibs vs Albs (with no instant mess from bards yet)

If albs got a sorc in group, they have the uber hand on the first mezz because of the quick cast.

Hibs got an uber hand in the mage's: more nearsigth, Stun and very good damage in the same char..

Clr's allso got stun dont dont dish out damage the same way (if they smite to much they cant heal etc)

so on the Alb vs hibs side i would say 1 well balanced group from each side got fair terms

Albs vs Mids

No way... if the healer is just a semi decent player mids should own albs
Instant mezz's,Stun's and if they are full pac (which i doubth many are) they got an 11 sec AE stun .. thats insane

Top that with the fact that they can Cast mezz/stun on a player after they used instants on him

Hibs vs Mids

My experince with rvr is from solo classes and to many patchs' away :)
but on paper(daoc,catacombs.com/char builder/mid healer) i would say the mids should come out on top..

only chance is the well played Ligth eld. who nearsigths the mid healer

Nova asked for PvP stats
here is from Andred
Top 25 individual realm point holders

1) Draup Spice (50th lvl Lurikeen Enchanter) [Conquest] 709,696
2) Oooooo (50th lvl Briton Cleric) [Dragon Family] 671,751
3) Sige (50th lvl Highlander Cleric) [Conquest] 626,142
4) Weakest (50th lvl Kobold Spiritmaster) [Dragon Family] 581,238
5) Providence (50th lvl Norseman Skald) [Conquest] 563,581
6) Leonroth Evenstar (50th lvl Celt Hero) [Conquest] 523,855
7) Haela DiesALot (45th lvl Lurikeen Enchantress) [Independent] 476,017
8) Rama ChosenOne (50th lvl Norseman Skald) [Aftermath] 458,046
9) Metallmann JernKnallert (50th lvl Norseman Shadowblade) [Combine] 452,748
10) Carelessness MakesDeadPeople (50th lvl Saracen Infiltrator) [The Cabal] 450,792
11) Dakkon Rockshoe (50th lvl Lurikeen Eldritch) [Conquest] 446,875
12) Mortificator (50th lvl Norseman Shadowblade) [Invictus] 441,733
13) Pespi (50th lvl Kobold Spiritmaster) [Dragon Family] 441,730
14) Bohba Fett (50th lvl Norseman Skald) [DDH] 434,173
15) Ginstar EvilMaleKeen (50th lvl Lurikeen Eldritch) [The Cabal] 409,086
16) Itz (50th lvl Norseman Healer) [Conquest] 390,144
17) Zidal HeresATissue (50th lvl Norseman Shadowblade) [The Cabal] 383,154
18) Maxem X (50th lvl Saracen Infiltrator) [Combine] 376,271
19) Ghen Thonak (50th lvl Dwarf Skald) [Covetous Crew] 374,867
20) Rulu Smoo (50th lvl Kobold Shaman) [Combine] 364,448
21) Valldird SeanPaul (50th lvl Troll Skald) [Conquest] 363,359
22) Nafgar FlipsOutAndKillsPeople (49th lvl Kobold Shadowblade) [Covetous Crew] 361,496
23) Nightrain DarkWalker (50th lvl Saracen Infiltrator) [Combine] 358,023
24) Lukascq OMGConquestRUN (50th lvl Kobold Runemaster) [Conquest] 357,178
25) Zul (50th lvl Celt Hero) [Conquest] 355,825

2 out of 25 is non stealther albs (clr's)
6 out of 25 is non stealther hibs (chanter,eldritch,hero)
10 out of 25 is non stealther mids(skald's,SM,RM,shamans (WTF?))

Morded

Top 25 individual realm point holders

1) Bloodystar TheRedRanger (50th lvl Norseman Shadowblade) [Retribution] 826,585
2) Bubbly DaTorpedo (50th lvl Celt Warden) [Retribution] 654,714
3) Keth TheBlueRanger (50th lvl Norseman Shadowblade) [Retribution] 528,176
4) Rice Rocket (50th lvl Saracen Scout) [Retribution] 505,996
5) Nicolaix (50th lvl Norseman Skald) [Retribution] 500,276
6) Thaara TheTealRanger (50th lvl Dwarf Runemaster) [Retribution] 480,138
7) Roots (50th lvl Kobold Skald) [Independent] 454,473
8) Gigii (50th lvl Celt Bard) [Fong Shen] 451,415
9) Neph Peh (50th lvl Norseman Runemaster) [Retribution] 439,559
10) Thog Zilla (50th lvl Troll Berserker) [Independent] 402,574
11) Genji Spice (50th lvl Lurikeen Enchanter) [Retribution] 375,390
12) Arrgh (50th lvl Dwarf Skald) [Independent] 370,807
13) Oxi Thornstad (50th lvl Kobold Shadowblade) [Independent] 365,530
14) Saladon (50th lvl Briton Theurgist) [Retribution] 356,835
15) Ayda (50th lvl Saracen Infiltrator) [Retribution] 346,257
16) Haste (50th lvl Highlander Minstrel) [Torcan] 340,611
17) Hysteria (50th lvl Saracen Infiltrator) [Mor do Kuli] 335,565
18) Galthwen (50th lvl Briton Friar) [Retribution] 331,346
19) Ryna (50th lvl Norseman Shadowblade) [Retribution] 321,229
20) Kayos Hofast (50th lvl Troll Skald) [Legends] 311,289
21) Kaska Spice (50th lvl Norseman Shadowblade) [Retribution] 296,048
22) Porthos PullBish (50th lvl Kobold Skald) [Retribution] 293,748
23) Amyhun (50th lvl Troll Shaman) [Retribution] 289,658
24) Bluree (50th lvl Briton Minstrel) [Torcan] 284,479
25) Gethsemane (48th lvl Briton Infiltrator) [Slayers] 283,808

2 out of 25 is non stealther albs (friar (WTF!!),theug)
3 out of 25 is non stealther hibs (warden (WTF!!!!),bard,chanter)
8 out of 25 is non stealther mids (skalds,RMS,SM,Shaman (wtf again !!)

the morded server is older and the stealters are coming more out i guess

O

old.BJ|Bored

if it was balanced youd lose as many fights as you won, but you cant find out as most fights are won by numbers.

tbh only way to try is to just get groups of 8 and stick them in a series of fights against each other ;)

O

old.Filip

make a very flat arena bring out the gladiators (i need popcorn)

A

Aussie-

9s stun on clerics but they dont kill enemies in 3 nukes.
they have a group to heal and it's kinda funny if a cleric has to type 'that one is stunned, kill him' by the time he said that the stun is over.

T

Tigerius

Until instamezz, Hibs aren't very hard to beat in FG vs FG when 1 Sorcerer and 1 Cleric can perform enough Mezzing and Stunning to go about and fights take place "on top of each other", but when scaled up our number of Sorcs and Clerics don't scale up accordingly and engagements are conducted much more over range. A Clerics job is definately part defensive and as such it's very hard to both be as close as to cast a 1000 range Stun and yet have enough overview / be uninterrupted when healing is needed. To work effectively you would in every group need 1 Cleric doing main healing, 1 doing Stunning.

500 range less isn't just a statistic, it's a world of difference.

Also Oom describes Sorcerers quite accurately, while it's not a bad class as such, not at all, it's a class that in RvR will be forced to perform 1 task that it isn't really fit to handle. Nukes and pets and debuffs and the enchilada is entirely unessential when it comes down to scoring that mezz and many times dropping straight after it.

D

dazam

They are Equal Nova is right silly albs complain cause they lose.... pffft :sleeping:

N

Novamir

Originally posted by Aussie-
9s stun on clerics but they dont kill enemies in 3 nukes.
they have a group to heal and it's kinda funny if a cleric has to type 'that one is stunned, kill him' by the time he said that the stun is over.

in my groups we watch for the stun if they are mezzed, then attack the stunned one. rocket science huh

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by old.Pepsay

and why is it gimped?

For starters it was a bit of a joke, they're not truly gimps but they do in no way stack up to the PBers of other realms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom