the Terms of Service window thingy

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone else have to agree to the ToS every time they start up WAR?
Its definitely not just when it patches. I could agree to them, quit the game and start it again immediately and I'll have to agree to them again.

Its not alot of effort or anything, but it just seems odd and a little irritating.
Since no one else is whining about it, I figure others aren't having to do this.
Can anyone confirm?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Please check the War help section, this subject has been covered about 100 billion (may or may not be the actual amount) times already.

Yes, everyone has to do it, it's going to stay for legal reasons.

Client doesn't remember EULA and COC views. - Warhammer Forums

When they say legal reasons thats a little dubious, it's not mandatory, they just believe if it comes to the worst it will help them in court (Although EULAs in court are generally unenforcable anyway, it comes down more to IP ownership...but theres no presedent so meh)

Mythic have already said its a bit OTT so removed the CoC for the americans, I'm hoping GOA will do the same.

We had this in daoc remember, the main difference was the accept box was already highlighted until a patch is released, the main problem with this method is that we are unaware when the eula is updated, and there can be some pretty sneaky stuff in them sometimes. The current version already states they will monitor your computer, it's not uncommon for developers to put things in to share your information also, but I guess it's just one of those things you have to put up with to play the game :p

Wouldn't hurt to allow us to just click accept instead of scrolling through it though.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
it does suck, especially when the Accept button is in the incorrect place, not very well designed from an ergonomic point of view.

there are vaious 'first rule of design' when making things like this, for example in web design for corporations it is prudent to have your logo in the top left hand point of your page as thats where most people look. etc etc

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
it does suck, especially when the Accept button is in the incorrect place, not very well designed from an ergonomic point of view.

actually, you only need to click the text, not the box it self, so click the text above the accept button then accept

pikeh

Resident Freddy

there are vaious 'first rule of design' when making things like this, for example in web design for corporations it is prudent to have your logo in the top left hand point of your page as thats where most people look. etc etc

They actually put it in that place so you concentrate a bit more when clicking it.

Obilios

Fledgling Freddie
its annoying lol especially the agree is on the right rofl... I always keep hitting decline by mistake :(...and btw isnt it lunch time already ?!@!!!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
its annoying lol especially the agree is on the right rofl... I always keep hitting decline by mistake :(...and btw isnt it lunch time already ?!@!!!

might want to try logging in.

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you have to do it every time then, fine.

It just seemed a little odd so I thought it was a bug.
I figure normally you'd agree just the once then again any time they're updated. It makes more sense really, because as said, if there are changes this way we'll likely never notice.
A tad unfair to either
a: force us to read it entirely every time just in case, or
b: force us to 'risk' things happening that aren't in our best interests BUT WE AGREED TO OLOLOL

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
actually, you only need to click the text, not the box it self, so click the text above the accept button then accept

I declined it loads of times by accident just because its in the wrong place. Clicking the text wont change that, you expect it to be on the left ergo you click their out of habit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom