The state of the game and Free shard servers

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Why was SI so much better than TOA?
Would like to add - Since everyone had pretty much the same gear (spellcrafted) it depended more on skills who won. Battles got decided by lets say 50% stats, 50% skills.. after ToA it got 75% stats, 25 skills - ppl that spent more time on PvE then others got big advantages.
Bracken said:
As for the comments about NF "killing the game" - when are people going to realise that its not NF that makes the game how it is, it's how people choose to play it. 1.69 rvr was fucked up for far more people than 1.70 is.
We never had so many people seriously leaving game as with the coming, release and some time after release of NF..
I really miss DF RvR and Emainstyle Fg v Fg.. I used to enjoy zerg v zerg now and then, but NF removed DF RvR, Emain Fg v FG and replaced it with loads of (simplified)zerg v zerg.. gets too much z v z now imo.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Overpowered said:
Would like to add - Since everyone had pretty much the same gear (spellcrafted) it depended more on skills who won. Battles got decided by lets say 50% stats, 50% skills.. after ToA it got 75% stats, 25 skills - ppl that spent more time on PvE then others got big advantages.

But to get that spellcrafted gear you still had to pve farm before you were maxed - which took time, which is restricted according to rl constraints as well as personal preference. Exactly the same principle as in TOA - its just that TOA took longer and was the 2nd time round a pve time sink had been introduced. You could still reach a point where you had the same as anyone else - it just took longer. Principle was the same though :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bracken said:
But to get that spellcrafted gear you still had to pve farm before you were maxed - which took time, which is restricted according to rl constraints as well as personal preference. Exactly the same principle as in TOA - its just that TOA took longer and was the 2nd time round a pve time sink had been introduced. You could still reach a point where you had the same as anyone else - it just took longer. Principle was the same though :)

yep - not everyone could afford mp overcharged stuff ;)

I had trouble affording the 99% overcharged stuff - I finally got Fing kitted out in a SC suit (with some drops thrown in because just SC was too boring) about 2 months before ToA :p

Then again I refused to farm diamond seals for hours on end - that's far more tedious than farming scrolls ;)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Putting up a 3rd english server with version 1.65 would be a very good idea, I seriously doubt this will ever happen tho.
On the other hand, the italian servers are on the way to be opened and as far as i know everyone will be able to play on em.
Version 1.60, no ToA, no NF.
If its possible i know where i'll be playing in the near future.

Bye bye NF :clap:
By the time they're open for general use goa will be patching them to TOA/NF. :(

Chronictank

FH is my second home
There are a few free shards out there but none support over 50 players and there are huge ammounts of bugs. but they are getting better, its an interesting idea but it takes alot of time and effort.
The major problem is that soon as you get it going it will be shut down by mythic/goa when it starts getting attention simply because its illegal.

But you never know :) one can always hope

Sykepleier

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

Same eq, yes
Same silly OP ml's, nope

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
i dunno why Goa/Mythic couldnt release a bugfixed 1.65 server. they got PvE servers, PvP servers, it would just be another (large) niche population server.

zergers can play NF, ppl who wanna solo or 8v8 go to the OF server, problem solved. and no 100+ zergs in emain either :clap:

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
But to get that spellcrafted gear you still had to pve farm before you were maxed - which took time
Let's not forget that before SC most people roamed around in a mix of DF/Epic Zone/Epic mob(Llyn Barforg) stuff, the latter of the three being quite rare and took longer to farm than cash to buy SC.

I have to agree with most here, a 1.65 (preTOA) server would be awesome (with a few bug fixes), so unlikely to happen though :(

Matchstick Man

Fledgling Freddie
Someone from GoA reading this? Could we get Gorre set up for a week like it was for NF beta maybe? Then you can really see how many people would play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom