Film The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Will try to keep it non spoilery here.

Good overall movie, bit towards the younger audience so very disney(expect silly jokes and some storyline groans). If you go in with the mindset of a kid watching a cool wizard flic, you'll enjoy it thoroughly, otherwise some bits may make you twist in your seat.

As far as magic(effects etc) goes, very nice. It's a bombardment of tricks and nice stuff all around. Much like the story, it could've used some polishing though, they have some lost potential, but overall it's good.

Could've used a bit different pacing in story, now it's a bit jumbled. The classic step by step story would've worked better, but the story is never really lost so it works out.

Actnig; Cage works, his usual self, but fits the character. The main character is a bit meh, but grows on you too. Guess it'äs meant to be a bit of a hard sell. Nothing outstanding, bet no oscars here, but still solid work from goodies and villains alike.

In short; good movie, fun, nice effects, bit unpolished and bit more towards younger audience then adult, but still very enjoyable as an adult. Perfect whole family movie if your kids like some action(pg rating ofc).

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Its on the "I'll wait until it becomes available through other means" list but I'll get around to seeing it at some point I'm sure :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
It's got Nick Cage in, I'll definately be seeing it!

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
I've seen it, and Toht sums it all up pretty well.
Aimed for the slightly younger ppl, but still entertaining :)
So over all a good/decent movie (my son LOVED it ;) )

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Same opinion as Bill. Love Cage, but won't be a purchase.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I'll probably be begged to take eldest + BFF to see it. It looks like mindless fun in the same way that Pirates of the Caribbean and National Treasure were.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Saw a trailer for it the other day, before Karate Kid started and have to say that all I kept thinking is 'they should make a live action Dr Strange movie' granted it will not be as kid friendly but still would be good to watch.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Saw a trailer for it the other day, before Karate Kid started and have to say that all I kept thinking is 'they should make a live action Dr Strange movie' granted it will not be as kid friendly but still would be good to watch.

oh you need to google that one, its 70s tastic !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom