The Solution to stop the stupid ban for Emoting

Runardigi

Loyal Freddie
Some of ya might read it, but most must of missed it.

Tip of the week : How to ignore the enemy
Are you fed up with seeing the enemy emotes in the chat window while he is dancing on your corpse ? To avoid this, just add this character to your Ignore List using the /ignore command. Since it works on every character in any realm, you can ignore all emote messages from your enemies. "I haven't seen anything. I'm dead anyway !"

Have a nice weekend and enjoy playing !

so stop reporting peeps now because they /rude a few times.

Just /ignore FOR THE WIN!!!!

:drink:

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
lol at emoters :)
its not like i get pissed of and call the police if a brat irl shows me the finger.. :p

Tilda

Its spam in general you get banned for, not just emoting.
If someones running around spamming buffs, or yell spamming, they'll get the same treatment. The fact that its done with emotes is irrelevant.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
watch out BB's u r spamming buffs if u die alot ur bb will get banned for spamming buffs :p nice command tbh! :D

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
I will spam u all till u fall off the chair (or at least get bored and move away from me) !

Dorimor1

Banned
If someone kills me and then emote spams me I report them, not because they flooded my channel but it's a nice way of getting revenge.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Reporting minor emote spam is pathetic.

The reporting system (imo) should be used for major spamming, acts of harrasment and abuse and other more major problems. using it to report someone who just /ruded you 4-5 times in a row is beyond childish - imo it borders on abuse of the reporting system. People who use it for that should be suspended from making reports on other players for a certain period of time.

If you're using it to "get revenge" on someone tbh I have to wonder if you're missing the point of the game. Try learning to play the game well enough that you can "get revenge" by killing them ingame, resorting to reporting them shows a certain level of weakness and a lack of both skill and 'honour/sportsmanship'. imo.

Sadly GoA seem to want to spend time banning people for emote spams when they could be doing any number of other things to improve the service.

/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap!!!!!

:D

kivik

Part of the furniture
Dukat said:
Reporting minor emote spam is pathetic.

The reporting system (imo) should be used for major spamming, acts of harrasment and abuse and other more major problems. using it to report someone who just /ruded you 4-5 times in a row is beyond childish - imo it borders on abuse of the reporting system. People who use it for that should be suspended from making reports on other players for a certain period of time.

If you're using it to "get revenge" on someone tbh I have to wonder if you're missing the point of the game. Try learning to play the game well enough that you can "get revenge" by killing them ingame, resorting to reporting them shows a certain level of weakness and a lack of both skill and 'honour/sportsmanship'. imo.

Sadly GoA seem to want to spend time banning people for emote spams when they could be doing any number of other things to improve the service.

/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap
/slap!!!!!

:D

reported post :mad:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The solution to stop bans for emote spamming is indeed simple - don't spam emotes.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Screw that, if they spam they get reported. The real pathetic people are those that feel they need to act like suck pricks in the first place by spamming. They deserve everything they get and i'll report them in an instant.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Emote spamming is childish, adults shouldnt act like children. Are you emote spammers children or adults?

Actually you emote spammers feel free to start a thread, proclaiming your age, perhaps as a community we can agree that anyone who is under 12 wont be reported, but we will tell your mummy not to give you any Sunny-D for a week.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Its spam in general you get banned for, not just emoting.
If someones running around spamming buffs, or yell spamming, they'll get the same treatment. The fact that its done with emotes is irrelevant.

what happens if i think people needed aoe buffs 4 thousand times :( ?

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
Emote spamming is childish, adults shouldnt act like children. Are you emote spammers children or adults?

Actually you emote spammers feel free to start a thread, proclaiming your age, perhaps as a community we can agree that anyone who is under 12 wont be reported, but we will tell your mummy not to give you any Sunny-D for a week.

well not all are 18+ personally i am but most arent most players are kids playing a game i guess and they are in that age to play a game in comparison with the rest of us that still play something that we start in pre-18 age :)

i can understand how they are, i kill u so i r better than joo so i facking pwn joo so ill /spit (givf that emote from wow xD) to ur grave till u release or dogs come and eat ur dead body ^^

still for me they just using a game command if the game designers are so stupid why daoc been the best game out there?

what to do if u feel depresed by spammers? : go out there and kill them multiple times untill they log out ^^

acting childish urself doesnt helps

never been banned for emote spamming and yes i was considering to report some but in the end the simple logic of an adult win why to be like them? why to act like someone in their age? dont just say that ur an adult BE an adult

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Cromcruaich said:

yeah your right...let GOA put a +18 years old for playing game in cover zzzzz
The fact is that kids play this game, and ban or suspend some1 for emoting is silly.

Well i think GOA really wants is players to leave game so they can shut it down and start with warhammer

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
just be glad you can't buy subscription card in regular shops, like with wow - leads to a huge increase of players below 18 who don't have a creditcard.

i don't really believe they are trying to shut down daoc tho, wouldn't make sence at all. if only they could stop with making another expansion and make the game more attractive overall for newcomers + improve rvr so different playstyles got a bit more room. then advertise and try get a big flow of new players.

/dreams :p

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
just be glad you can't buy subscription card in regular shops, like with wow - leads to a huge increase of players below 18 who don't have a creditcard.

I'm not 18 and thus I don't owe a creditcard. Does this make a bad person? :mad:

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
yes, unless you rep me. :p

They should remove your rep for the obvious begging! But how can I resist such a cute lurikeen .. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom