The Shingle

I

isuck

"Get to the shingle" was somebodies idea of a bad joke imo.

And the mission where and one guy drives a jeep while you destroy all the planes pisses me off. As history notes, the famous mission was undertaken by the SAS who drove in, destroyed all the planes and took the enemy with their pants down to such an extent that not one shot was fired against them. Although i suppose that would make a kinda boring mission :/

But like i said, "Get to the shingle" is a bit of a bitch, im just glad i wasnt doing it the first time round....

M

MrChumble

The problem with Omaha beach was that as soon as you worked out how to do it, it was far too easy. Died 3 times, saw the pattern, waltzed right up to the mine field. Got past that with excessive use of the F5 key.

Lovely map, but a little too predictable :rolleyes:

S

Sar

I did it first time, but was bricking it the whole way to the shingle.

B

bigfoot

I liked it. And isuck, i bet you are the kind of person who watches WW2 movies and moans when they reload the weapon using the miltarilly incorrect method.

W

Wij

Originally posted by Sar
You got your ass spanked on it I bet :p

A couple of times till I figured it out. Same with the mines. No skill involved.

M

MrChumble

Theres a method to get past the mines? I just assumed they were scattered randomly so did the 'two steps, save, step, boom, reload' dance. Surely thats how they wanted me to do it...if it wasn't why did they add such a handy resurrect key? :m00:

O

old.ignus

Originally posted by bigfoot
I liked it. And isuck, i bet you are the kind of person who watches WW2 movies and moans when they reload the weapon using the miltarilly incorrect method.

You don't have to in American war films, they're usually historically incorrect anyway, the way the reload a weapon is something that only gun enthusiasts consider.

What annoys me most about this game I've come to realise is that it takes half a magazine to take someone out, from a thompson for example when in reality the bullets in a Thompson (or Tommy gun as it's also known in B&W gangster films :) ) are bigger than the bullets of most guns today due to the geneva convention. Therefore in realistic terms a short burst would be enough to put a man out of action. bloody realism my arse.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I thought the Omaha beach section was fun...

And don't worry isuck... I get annoyed at WW2 movies when they ain't like history too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom