The second Kraken loot response!

X

xGenocidex

Hello,

Thank you for your update. I am sorry to hear you are so unhappy with our service and will try to explain what happened.

First off all I hope you will excuse me for not responding to the individual accusations made in that thread.

On topic: We investigate each and every case that is reported to us. For epic monsters and encounters, if the monster/encounter was completed in the way it is intended and the loot drops to a place the players can't reach it, we WILL restore the items to the BG leader. We have done so many times in the past (as is even described in the thread you quote) and will continue to do so in the future.

However in this case our logs show that the monster was killed in a way, or a location, that made it not drop loot correctly. This probably means that people it was trying to agro were out or it's reach (on land for example) or the creature was pulled to far away from it's spawn point. Basically the encounter was not done in the way it was intended and thus it was the BG's fault you didn't receive any drops. It was not a bug in the game and therefore you are not entitled to anything.

I agree completely that the original message could have explained the reason you weren't getting anything restored better and we will strife to be more informative in similar cases in the future.

Once again I'm sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with our service and I hope this explanation clears up some of the misconceptions people seem to have on the matter.

Yours sincerely,

----

So what? its our fault that... they can't be arsed to put collision detection into the game? and thus every time a monster bugs "out of reach" they refuse to do anything about it? ............i just like the

"Basically the encounter was not done in the way it was intended" Errrr bullshit?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
So whine to mythic to put collision detection in then ?

The reply given by GoA looks perfectly plausible if the mob had agro on someone it could reach then surely thats abusing the encounter anyway regardless of if it was accidental.

X

xGenocidex

Tears said:
So whine to mythic to put collision detection in then ?

The reply given by GoA looks perfectly plausible if the mob had agro on someone it could reach then surely thats abusing the encounter anyway regardless of if it was accidental.

No tears... read the first post i made and ask the entire bg that was there on the day... someone STUCK to a mob /stick and it lagged through the ocean floor... there was no such "Abuse" as you nicely put it towards it...

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
I dont understand how they get to that it was the BG´s mistake anyways also, if a problem comes up time and time again, how cant that be a bug? I seriously dont get it...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the main agro tank can control where the mob is killed, get a better main agro tank.

X

xGenocidex

whinersmincer said:
lets face it u used bug abuse and didt not get any loot shit happends

lol aye ofcourse we did :wanker:

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like the same thing that happened on a Kraken raid i was on a while back.
The mob died while it was half way down in the ground and it didn't drop.
We did the encounter exactely as it was supposed to, but they didn't give us any loot back either. Easier to blame the players, i guess.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
No tears... read the first post i made and ask the entire bg that was there on the day... someone STUCK to a mob /stick and it lagged through the ocean floor... there was no such "Abuse" as you nicely put it towards it...

Ok so because someone didnt listen to the raid leader and messed up the encounter - its GoA's fault ?

X

xGenocidex

Tears said:
Ok so because someone didnt listen to the raid leader and messed up the encounter - its GoA's fault ?

Actually i'm not saying its goa's fault... what i am saying is they blamed us for "not doing it in the way it was intended"... we pulled it... killed it... if mobs werent so obscenely bugged they go through floors/walls everytime someone tries to attack them (not down to goa) however fact still remains goa is blaming the people in the bg for abuse practicly... well in short they can f**k right off... theres no reason on earth why they couldnt restore that loot... it bugged through the floor end of story

X

xGenocidex

Anyway not going to continue wasting my time on this anymore... because as per usual people are just brown nosing GOA however asoon as a problem pops up someone doesn't like people soon change there attitude towards GOA washing my hands of these euro servers the customer support is mediocre..

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:

I think your missing the point Mr.Fanboi.
Stuff like this is typical of Mythic/GoA. Only reason things like this doesnt get fixed is because DAoC have reached it's prime long ago. It got a steady fan base and their used to buggy contents.

It's a piss poor excuse by GoA, if they didnt want it pulled from the spot it spawns at they should have nailed it there - It's not like it's hard or anything, next they blame the players because they found a way around their unimaginative encounter for "bugging" it.

But aside from that, what I find really laughable is people saying you "bug abuse" and saying it's not Mythic/GoA's fault that they are so incompetent that they cant even code a simple encounter.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
Actually i'm not saying its goa's fault... what i am saying is they blamed us for "not doing it in the way it was intended"... we pulled it... killed it...

I was there on that raid and you didn't "pull it and then kill it". Not even close tbh. You pulled it ... told the zerg to zerg it, got almost wiped (in a 80 people+ bg lol), and we barely killed it. So I'm not sure why you are claiming you did it in the way it was intended because if I remember the only stategy/aproach was "zerg it". It was very messy and there was no real control to do the encounter the way it was intended. (however the fuck that is)

Incidently I got zephyred out of the zone. I couldn't move and had to do /stuck and when I was back I was all the way in the other side of the zone. :(

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone please point me to the official guide on how to do this encounter the "intended" way?

I have looked in my manual, and I simply cannot find the procedure to do this how it was "intended". Do I have an out of date manual?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I've read something about people having healers on land to avoid aggro, etc, which i guess is not the way it's supposed to be done.
Simply zerging it sounds like a legit strategy to me.
It's just bad coding. If the mob dies in the wrong place, ie it gets all buggy and dies half burried in the ground, it doesn't drop.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Azathrim said:
Can someone please point me to the official guide on how to do this encounter the "intended" way?

I have looked in my manual, and I simply cannot find the procedure to do this how it was "intended". Do I have an out of date manual?

Manual? wtf? :p

From: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=189893

"Kraken is another epical monster and is much alike Leviathan. For this beast everyone have to spread out, especially seers. Kraken casts 100% nearsight and it is very important that it is cleared from the two Runemasters as soon as possible, this is the job of the Shamans and possibly Healers. The Suppressive Runemaster has to cast nearsight onto Kraken without interrupts, this can be fatal if it stops, as Kraken throws powerfull radius nukes onto the support."

Hib guide: http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=89970995 might give some pointers...

Nate

FH is my second home
thats not official though...you could be abusing the enc by curing nearsights omg!!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:

Im sure if you look in the manual or on right now you will see that fighting a mob in such a way that the mob can not react normally is "incorrect" the answer to the rightnow problem gave two examples of what would cause this - learn from it then try again.

X

xGenocidex

Pirkel said:
I was there on that raid and you didn't "pull it and then kill it". Not even close tbh. You pulled it ... told the zerg to zerg it, got almost wiped (in a 80 people+ bg lol), and we barely killed it. So I'm not sure why you are claiming you did it in the way it was intended because if I remember the only stategy/aproach was "zerg it". It was very messy and there was no real control to do the encounter the way it was intended. (however the fuck that is)

Incidently I got zephyred out of the zone. I couldn't move and had to do /stuck and when I was back I was all the way in the other side of the zone. :(

Sadly mistaken then because it wasnt me that pulled it but nm! and the bg almost wiped because most of it wasnt even in groups there for aoe/dot killed them... so "lol" as much as you want

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
There are two possible situation here:
1) GoA don't think there was intentional abuse but won't help because they don't care.
2) GoA do think there was intentional abuse.
Either way it really quite insulting to the people in the bg especially the raid leaders who have the actual fun of explaining to people why they aren't getting to roll on some loot.

In every other situation involving abuse/exploits/cheating etc GoA would tell you what you had done wrong and give you a chance to defend yourself at least. I don't see how this is different. I can't see why we can't get as full an explanation as possible for this. You can't accuse us of "cheating/exploiting bugs" if you refuse to tell us what we are doing wrong.

Kraken has a very nasty habit of FZ people for miles and often chases after them. This does make it one of the hardest mobs to control where exactly you kill it.

I realise that a GM won't reply to this thread specifically but you can always send your reply direct to xGenocidex via Rightnow to keep your anonimity.

X

xGenocidex

Can't be bothered anymore tobe honest Cadelin... because all i get is crappy copy and paste replies of a mediocre GOA staff lacky that quite obviously doesn't have a clue how to do their own job properly... and then when i do get a reply i post it here in hopes of support and helpful all that happens is you get one smart arse posting complete bollocks and ruining then entire thread.. to be fair there is a few that are very helpful in the replies and i thank those people for that.. as for the rest... well judging by your replies you've got everything it takes to work at GOA so by all means.. go and apply

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
What I still dont get is how they can say that its not a bugged encounter.... If a certain thing happens time and time again, bcos of bad coding or the like, aint that a bug? If not, what constitutes a bug?

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:

ok so killing a mob in water but somewhat close to the bottom of the sea is bug abuse? erm guess you should read up some more on ze rules. Just a pure melee fight and the mob drops its stuff so its not possible to loot it. No attempts to pull it to land, or having healers on land out of reach healing.

as Zoia said, happened to us maybe a year ago, same response from GoA. Same effect on raid leader (i.e. didnt want to bother with making any more raids on that mob). So GoA decision = 2 less raid leaders for Kraken.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Olvoair said:
ok so killing a mob in water but somewhat close to the bottom of the sea is bug abuse? erm guess you should read up some more on ze rules.

Bullshit mate I didn't say that... who needs to "read up"?

Guy claims they "pulled it and killed it" .. when in reality it didn't go anywhere near as smooth as that. Guy claims we killed it as far as he knew "as intended" when in reality we barely killed it before it wiped a rather gimped bg without having any control of how to kill it. It's fairly well known that you do not stick to underwater mobs because frankly it is bugged as hell. On a controlled 2 fg raid that actually cared about tactics you can expect people to not do this ... in this case the bg got told to "zerg it". No-one got told not to stick to it or when they did the BG was so messy (half of them laughing their arse off that a 80+ bg was wiping to an encounter 16 people can do quite easily) that people maybe missed it.

I'm not defending the buggy gamecode here nor am I defending GOA in any way ... I'm just stating under what circumstances the monster was killed that's all. But I guess you "read" that already huh?

X

xGenocidex

Pirkel said:
Bullshit mate I didn't say that... who needs to "read up"?

Guy claims they "pulled it and killed it" .. when in reality it didn't go anywhere near as smooth as that. Guy claims we killed it as far as he knew "as intended" when in reality we barely killed it before it wiped a rather gimped bg without having any control of how to kill it. It's fairly well known that you do not stick to underwater mobs because frankly it is bugged as hell. On a controlled 2 fg raid that actually cared about tactics you can expect people to not do this ... in this case the bg got told to "zerg it". No-one got told not to stick to it or when they did the BG was so messy (half of them laughing their arse off that a 80+ bg was wiping to an encounter 16 people can do quite easily) that people maybe missed it.

I'm not defending the buggy gamecode here nor am I defending GOA in any way ... I'm just stating under what circumstances the monster was killed that's all. But I guess you "read" that already huh?

The point in saying it was killed as intended was "none bug abuse" there for it was killed how intended regardless of how many people died in the process... and as i stated before most of the people in bg didnt even have a group 300-500 AOE damage from kraken 300-500 a tick DOT from Kraken/FZ errr aye grats people without a group died? do i look embarressed for letting so many die? no i do not because unlike you i actually know why people died without a group... and i said at ATLANTIS TABLET do NOT stick to any mobs on this raid obviously you werent listening.. so as you said to Olo... Less bullshit unless you know what your on about ok? and for a second time incase your eyes don't see it "again" people were told at ATLANTIS TABLET do NOT stick to any mobs on this raid so actually apart from the deaths it was killed AS intended doesnt matter how you shape it for your liking... and no i'm not letting GOA fob this off on the battlegroup they can kiss my f**king arse useless mediocre company ... end of story.. and yes before you say i know mythic coded it... i'm refering to GOA's customer skills or lack of them

living

Fledgling Freddie
Im impressed you even still bother with it :p I would let it go after a day tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom