The RVR Wizard - Fire, Ice or Earth ?

I_R_BIG_TROLL

Fledgling Freddie
Lo there me mateys

Here is a debate on which spec for wizards you think to be the most viable for RvR.

Judging criteria are:

1) Utility
2) Damage
3) Groupability

Let the discussions begin ;)

/wave

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Utility: earth

Damage: Fire

Groupability: Ice

there u go, no discussion needed :)

/edit, acually the ice spec could go in damage to but the PBaoe isnt THAT good if ur solo :)

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
One thing:
Once Frontiers hits, earth wizards are the only alb casters that can nuke inside the tower.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
The Wizard ain't a very versalite nor adept caster in my opinion. The only spec that function's ok in RvR is Ice spec, thanks to PBAE. For keep defense, Earth/Fire can be nice.

If you want to roll a nuker you'll get far more utility/groupability (same thing imo) from rolling an Air Theurgist, Body Sorc, or even Body Cabalist. While damage may be slightly higher with Fire nukes, that is not enough to outweigh it.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
The only spec that function's ok in RvR is Ice spec, thanks to PBAE.
Fire Wizzie group would be lethal in RvR. Debuffed spec nukes, bolts and VP should hurt Oo

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Saggy said:
Fire Wizzie group would be lethal in RvR. Debuffed spec nukes, bolts and VP should hurt Oo

until they met a healer or bard.. then bye bye wizzies...

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Saggy said:

what about debuffed air nukes or body nukes? :)

after all, firewiz:
- 2 bolts
- DD
- Single target root
- AE Nuke :D

bodysorc
- DD
- Lifetap
- Self mez resist
- Pet
- Debuffs
- AE root
- Gimp ae mez

airtheurg (or ice)
- DD
- Infinite pets
- Single root
- Gimp ae mez
- AE root (gimp if air)
- Pbt
- Tank buffs

body cabalist (or spirit tbh xD)
- Lifetap
- Pet (various types)
- Single root
- AE disease / Single disease
- Health transfer
- AE snare (if spirit:)
- Low level nearsight

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
what about debuffed air nukes or body nukes? :)
Would be lethal too :) Just saying caster groups doesn't have to be PBAE to perform good in RvR, debuff nuking hurts lots Oo Debuffed VP even more oO Oh, and AE nuke aint too bad against assists trains now thanks to 3s casting time :p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Saggy said:
Would be lethal too :) Just saying caster groups doesn't have to be PBAE to perform good in RvR, debuff nuking hurts lots Oo Debuffed VP even more oO Oh, and AE nuke aint too bad against assists trains now thanks to 3s casting time :p

yes, I totally agree. Assist-nuking can work well. But it works better if you have extra utility such as pets, disease, debuffs or such, not just the DD:)

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
The earth line needs a spec or base line nuke to make it a viable. The dot just doesn't do the damage. If mythic did this and put snare and root on seperate timers, id respec earth as it'd be a nice class for damage and secondary cc. Unfortunately its relegated to keep duty only atm (with its gtaoe).

Fire and ice are both reasonable lines, neither seem to do as much damage as their conterparts in other realms though.

As mentioned above, wizard is a pretty crap class though atm, may as well be a cab or theurg and get the utility too.

I_R_BIG_TROLL

Fledgling Freddie
ownadge

Last night myself, a sorc, a Cleric and a BB went running around emain and HW - mostly tagging along with other groups. Currently im lvl 46 and full ice - so went to go and see how much dmg i would hit for ...

WOW is all i can say. At lvl46 i was hitting up to 450 without debuff, and we did some serious dmg ;) (Ding 1L9 from 0rps)

Think ill stick to ice for now (cause of the added benefit of getting groups) and see how it goes

thx all for your input - was greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Giyaa

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
I_R_BIG_TROLL said:
Last night myself, a sorc, a Cleric and a BB went running around emain and HW - mostly tagging along with other groups. Currently im lvl 46 and full ice - so went to go and see how much dmg i would hit for ...

WOW is all i can say. At lvl46 i was hitting up to 450 without debuff, and we did some serious dmg ;) (Ding 1L9 from 0rps)

Think ill stick to ice for now (cause of the added benefit of getting groups) and see how it goes

thx all for your input - was greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Giyaa

So you say youre nuking for 450 without debuffs ?

My 50 wiz with moa4 buffbot doesnt even nuke for 350dmg and thats with self debuffs too. you can nuke for 500 with sorc debuffs, not without.

If youre talking about pbaoe, thats a different thing. :)

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Im kinda fond of young Team's fire spec - the recent influx of newborns in Caledonia weren't though :)

The only really gripy thing about fire though, is it's got such a tiny range of spells. Where virtually every other caster-type at least has a debuff or DoT of some kind, fire is limited to bolts, DD and AoE DD really (if you don't count the basic ice root, which is kinda essential to train fire)

Team can drop most red eyed Drakorans now out side AC, and can regularly one or two bolt equal levelled enemy casters - their spooky glowy bolts taking at least 3, sometimes 4 to drop me, but on what seems a faster cast/recast timer than my own bolts... Can't be arsed to research it...

anyway, i've only tried a /20 earth wiz, and not given ice a chance, seeing as it was so fotm a while back the damn things were everywhere - then they all retrained as mercs a few patches later ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom