The RSPCA Helpline

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Came home this afternoon to find my cat playing with a big blackbird on my drive. So ushered the cat inside and rang the RSPCA helpline for injured animals. Thirty three minutes after ringing the "emergency helpline" their phone system cut me off.

Considering the RSPCA are subject to a lot of criticism for all the money they are hoarding and not spending on animal welfare I am far from impressed. I appreciate no one here can do anything about it but I am just venting. Heading to their website now to let them know the score.

EDIT: Tried to contact them through their website but the link to create a new account/password is not working. What a load of crap.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Take the bird to a local vets - as far as I know, all vets have a duty to care for injured wildlife. I dropped a twitchy hedgehog off to my local vets the other day. Trouble is, you may have to wait until Tuesday to do so.

rynnor

Rockhound
Turamber said:
Came home this afternoon to find my cat playing with a big blackbird on my drive. So ushered the cat inside and rang the RSPCA helpline for injured animals. Thirty three minutes after ringing the "emergency helpline" their phone system cut me off.

Considering the RSPCA are subject to a lot of criticism for all the money they are hoarding and not spending on animal welfare I am far from impressed. I appreciate no one here can do anything about it but I am just venting. Heading to their website now to let them know the score.

EDIT: Tried to contact them through their website but the link to create a new account/password is not working. What a load of crap.

Try n keep it in a warm very quiet place - if it survives the night it might live but they generally die from shock - larger birds do slightly better so its 50/50 depending on how mauled it is (which you often cant see for the feathers).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Give it back to the cat you tight sod.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Place the head between your middle and ring fingers and flick your wrist hard, problem solved.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Gumbo said:
Place the head between your middle and ring fingers and flick your wrist hard, problem solved.

yeah man, I do that all the time, and it certainly solves my "problems" :)

sorry :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
Turamber said:

My sister had the same problem once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom