Music The 'Rock' Thread

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
As requested by the Random Spammers crew, I've made a 'Rock' Music thread

Dedicated to Rock music in general, Indie, Hardcore, Metal, Thrash what ever

Basically

We don't want your drum + bass, baseline shit here. :)

So... Let's get this thread kick started

For those who listen to Fall of Troy... I've been listening to Doppelganger album, and why does Mouths like Sidewinder missles sound completely different to the self-titled album? along with other songs, sounds much more 'complete' but in my eyes, the self-titled album is much better...

Gwadien

Toht, you can say you're into rock music such as ACDC, but you won't be into bands such as Two Door Cinema Club, or Fall of Troy, or Black Sabbath, cba to put links up, find them yourself, they're all 'rock' :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht, you can say you're into rock music such as ACDC, but you won't be into bands such as Two Door Cinema Club, or Fall of Troy, or Black Sabbath, cba to put links up, find them yourself, they're all 'rock' :)

I'm almost offended you think you need to link black sabbath :D

Yeah i know, still, there's two types of rock, good and bad and at it's worst, rock still rocks :p

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I quite like Killswitch Engage (in fact, that was the name of my first DAOC 50 - little Inconnu Necro), saw them live last year and have most of their albums (pre and post Howard). Picked up a Dio "best of" album based on KSE's cover of Holy Diver and I have to say...Dio f'kin rock!

YouTube - Dio - Holy Diver

RIP Ronnie :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Here's 2 bands I reckon none of you know

Cindarella
Firehouse

Classic cheesy 90s rock with singable choruses. Love em

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Here's 2 bands I reckon none of you know

Cindarella
Firehouse

Classic cheesy 90s rock with singable choruses. Love em

Not heard of Firehouse, but Cinderella I know. They were up there with Leppard, Crue, Poison and all the other hair bands...

But here's something to relive...

YouTube - Queensryche - Empire

Gwadien

Stop whipping out this shit music that's got no depth it it.

Actual listenable music

Alexisonfire?
Alterbridge?
Asking Alexandria?
Blakfish?
Blink-182?
Bloc Party?
Brand New?
British Sea Power?
Colour?
Fall of Troy?
The Killers?
MUSE?!
RADIOHEAD?!
Rage Agaisnt the Machine?
Refused?
The Temper Trap?
Third Eye Blind?
Tubelord?

Listen to them, Yes, they're from my iPod ;)

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Stop whipping out this shit music that's got no depth it it.

Actual listenable music

Blink-182?

Really, I would have never associated Blink 182 and 'depth' as you put it. More like pop for the kids of today.

Not a fan myself, I hear they are good live, but what little I've heard, not my taste. (Bear in mind I'm an old man who's prime was during the NWoBHM so all this modern stuff is just pap to me.)

RADIOHEAD?!

Honestly? If I wanted to kill myself, sure. This thread is about 'Rock'. Rock is about sex, drugs, sex, living life and sticking it to the man. Not suicide, that would be Goth (or what used to pass for goth in the 80's.)

Rage Agaisnt the Machine?

Now we're getting somewhere, so long as you are talking about their debut, which did indeed rock. Everything they've done since I could be forgotten in a heartbeat. In fact, even owning RAtM and Empire, I couldn't name a single track from Empire (yes, it was that shit.)

And to be honest, I've ignored the rest due to having never heard of them, although I will go and investigate just in case I'm missing some good stuff.

I'll hazard a guess from your list that you're of a newer generation than me, thus have a different set of classics to what I call 'rock'.

As an example, Lies and Appetite are 'rock' where Illusion onwards was 'shite'.

In fact -

YouTube - Guns N' Roses - Mr. Brownstone - Live At The Ritz 88

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH

Gwadien

taylin, you'll probably turn your nose up to it, but the music that you've posted is pretty old stuff, yeah, I listen to some Guns n Roses now and again, but not reguarly, this thread was aimed to broaden music tastes etc, not just spam songs that was played 20+ years ago! :p

YouTube - alexisonfire-this could be anywhere in the world

YouTube - You Won't Know

YouTube - The Killers - Mr. Brightside If you've not heard this before, you're not human.

YouTube - Third Eye Blind - Darkness

Just a quick taster.

And Also, - I mentioned at the start of the thread, that it's to do with anything Rocky in general, not Rock 'n' Roll on it's own.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
taylin, you'll probably turn your nose up to it, but the music that you've posted is pretty old stuff, yeah, I listen to some Guns n Roses now and again, but not reguarly, this thread was aimed to broaden music tastes etc, not just spam songs that was played 20+ years ago! :p

I take it you missed the part where I said I'd investigate a lot of the bands you listed because I never heard of them??

I'm all up for checking out stuff I've never heard of, while also educating the young folks of the history of rock with my so-called 'spam'.

There's no turned up noses here, just my opinions and favourites.

And anyway, if it wasn't for 20 year old stuff, you wouldn't have modern stuff. Just the same as blues being a precursor to rock, and rock being a precursor to metal. Don't deny history!!

Larossa

Fledgling Freddie
On the subject of Def Leppard's Let's get rocked - just check out the trailer for Kung Fu Panda 2

DreamWorks Animation's KUNG FU PANDA 2 - May 2011 - got me giggling :D

I like the idea of a thread dedicated to Rock Music old and new. Introduce you youngsters to some good old rock and maybe you return the favour with some more current stuff? I too will be checking out Gwadien's list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom