Film The road

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Sorry, not been online since dec 9. Didn't pay i-net cuz Virgin suxx and ofc xmas etc.

Just watched this, I feel so much stuff and I believe the word awesome is an understatement. This is the ultimate doomsayers fest so kindly fo with ur crap, this is an awesome film end of story. I felt so many different emotions from this story, I don't know where to begin. But it has made me think alot about my life.

here :- The Road (2009)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Sorry, not been online since dec 9. Didn't pay i-net cuz Virgin suxx and ofc xmas etc.

Just watched this, I feel so much stuff and I believe the word awesome is an understatement. This is the ultimate doomsayers fest so kindly fo with ur crap, this is an awesome film end of story. I felt so many different emotions from this story, I don't know where to begin. But it has made me think alot about my life.

here :- The Road (2009)

And yeah, I just watched Avatar too, sorry, but imo the road > Avatar. 99% of dogs fed pedigree chum disagree with me but fuck em ;)

eksdee

FH is my second home
avatar is complete overhyped cack.

i thought the road was incredible, had me in tears at the end :(

Everz

FH is my second home
the road was ace, took the missus to it and found it brilliant.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I am 40 this year, unmarried an no kids. I have a father that passed a few years ago. This film made me think of two things. I remember my father and I remember how it was when I was in a heavy relationship. I remember how much I miss him and how I miss being loved. So there is the selfish and the selfless there in that.

The positive of it was that I know now how much I have missed by not having a son of my own and that now, I really do understand to want a kid of my own. I know my father is gone, but I need to share my heart with my own. I am not showing that my heart aches because my own family shuns me. Sometimes, that is just what is, but what I can do is share something just as precious that I have. That is me with a son or daughter and wife of my own. This film really has taught me what it means to be a parent. I've done the step father bit with a few families, but I guess until now I never really wanted it as much as I do now. I understand now what my job is for the next couple of decades of my life. I just hope that I've not left it too late. :(

Everz

FH is my second home
Never to late mate, a friend of my moms didnt start up a family until she was in her late 40's, never to late at all.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
It's a really good film. The book is better (surprise surprise), Cormac Mcarthy is an amazing author. Blood Meridian is probably his best book but The Road comes a close second.

Everz

FH is my second home
True, as often is the case the book is miles better.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
True, as often is the case the book is miles better.

I am looking forward to the day that I can finish with my past work and start my own book. It seems weird to me that when I enter conversation these days that my friends expect me to enter full narrative about any thing that I need to convey yet that they don't do that themselves. I guess that is because I am a writer/journalist.
So I guess in some ways that I am looking forward to the day that I can write something on a piece of paper or the i-net and just write for me and have no one question what it is that I am saying, because what I say is enough.

I had a conversation the other week in the pub about this and how tired I am of having to write in such a formulaic way that I had to make it simple enough for everyone to understand. This in my opinion is the wrong way to go.

There may be approaching 7 billion people on this planet, but there is no possible way to reach all of them. In fact, just reaching 1% of them would be enough for you to see out the rest of your days comfortably as a writer. The person I was speaking to agreed, perhaps rightly or wrongly.

On a creative level I am looking forward to ridding myself of those shackles. Books always > film. Film always = holes left in story and then add the ingredient 'I don't have the attention span for such detail' = film always lose. I find that sad, despite this book that I have not read, I think this has done the job quite well as a film. I can honestly say that the last time I saw something like this, was Wim Wenders Paris Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom