The road to 1.90

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I've been thinking about doing this for a while as I keep missing these raids. With 1.90 on its way quite soon. I am starting mini-dragon raids on monday's wednesday's (8pm GMT) and Saturday afternoons (around 1pm GMT).

I can provide tankage for the first few raids and ofc a bb. This also will help out with those that want to take the dragon campaign further (me being one of them).

Remember the necklace won't be available after 1.90 is released. Screw the cloak, it's crap :p

Starting next Monday April 7 at Svahamr. Loot will be defined as the normal respecs/special bracers/weaps if there are any that aint junk and dealt out as fairly as possible.

Speaking of junk, lotto winner on that roll gets all.

I hope to see a good turn out.

Cheers.

P.S. If any one needs some help or just a buddy to run around to do the quests, i'll be doing them throughout the week. Just pm me or ask on /advice and i'll reply :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The cloak is in a lot of high end templates, and as it is only available for a short period, I suggest everyone gets it in case they spot another temp later on, or never be able to get it.

As for the loot, on US, the soulbound belt and lum neck both sell well, and some of the lesser items can be nice template addons, so 1 winner might be a very lucky person!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
The cloak is in a lot of high end templates, and as it is only available for a short period, I suggest everyone gets it in case they spot another temp later on, or never be able to get it.

As for the loot, on US, the soulbound belt and lum neck both sell well, and some of the lesser items can be nice template addons, so 1 winner might be a very lucky person!

Assuming anyone turns up ;p

everlastin

Fledgling Freddie
i will be on all raids as and when available m8, need this on warrior shammie hunter and bd

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
I am starting mini-dragon raids on monday's wednesday's (8pm GMT) and Saturday afternoons (around 1pm GMT).

Argghhh Mondays and Weds 8pm GMT - the very two nights when I have to be elsewhere at that time. Sat afternoon is oki tho. Doing mindrags also means you have to have Battles in the Mist, (2 parts of which are not really soloable,) so you can get Yar the Firstborn before minis and so get the Dragonslayer Armour.

The Cloaks are useful btw - +6 on 3 caps and omniHeal, as well as being dead easy to get. You have 4 'collecting quests' 2 of which give decent gold. Lost supplies is best done whilst you have the Helm which makes the Dragonsworn friendly.

:england:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Argghhh Mondays and Weds 8pm GMT - the very two nights when I have to be elsewhere at that time. Sat afternoon is oki tho. Doing mindrags also means you have to have Battles in the Mist, (2 parts of which are not really soloable,) so you can get Yar the Firstborn before minis and so get the Dragonslayer Armour.

The Cloaks are useful btw - +6 on 3 caps and omniHeal, as well as being dead easy to get. You have 4 'collecting quests' 2 of which give decent gold. Lost supplies is best done whilst you have the Helm which makes the Dragonsworn friendly.

:england:

Yar will be done in those raids. Battles in the mist you can do with me and my bot :p They only light purps. I can't do them with my bot alone as they hit too hard but I can get them down to 20% on a dual wielder so with two peeps and a bot is easy :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Oh and a small footnote. If these go well I will be running weekly Lord Agramon raids (that bracer is ubah) as i know how it's done with 2FG :) Details of which will be along some time later when i got my toons a bit more sorted.

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie
Will be there with me bot when not working pretty sure gf will be there with elorac or eleancin as to help out.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Oh and a small footnote. If these go well I will be running weekly Lord Agramon raids (that bracer is ubah) as i know how it's done with 2FG :) Details of which will be along some time later when i got my toons a bit more sorted.

Uh? I'd say Lord Agramon is quite easy on one fg. I've done it several times on all three realms on classic server, so without fops and such. But maybe he's harder on TOA?

/j

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
Nice one Imgorm ... I'll be there on something when not working. Shifts mean I'll likely miss one out of the three some weeks, and two out the three on the bad weeks, but mostly I hope to come and join in.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Uh? I'd say Lord Agramon is quite easy on one fg. I've done it several times on all three realms on classic server, so without fops and such. But maybe he's harder on TOA?

/j

He's hard due to the pbaoe mass wipe, u gotta do him from range. But like i said, i'll do him on a weekly basis. That bracer and his loot is too good to ignore.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Small notice about 1.90 and why it concerns you

A DRAGON'S REVENGE

- The towns of Ludlow, Ardee, and Vasudheim have been repaired and the majority of their residents have returned to their homes, though some have chosen to remain in the tents.

- The Dragonsworn have retreated. Camps remain in Cornwall, Dartmoor, Skona Ravine, Malmohus, the Bog of Cullen and Sheeroe Hills.

- The Medal of Honor and Honoring the Hardworking quests have been disabled.

- The Storytellers James Maury, Snorri Sturlson, and Edward Plunkett stand outside the gates of the capital cities to help players learn the tale of the Dragon's revenge. They offer a quest chain that leads to the Dragonsworn Manual of Arms reward.

- The Dragonsworn raiders have been defeated, and will no longer attack Humberton, Tir na mBeo, and Huginfel. The Dragonslayers have returned to their homes in these towns.

- A Dragonslayer Journeyman has taken the Dragonslayers' posts in each realm's allied town. 'The Great Hunt' quest is now given by these journeymen. It is repeatable, and each completion grants a token that can be traded in for a single piece of Dragonslayer Armor.

This means

A) you will have to do the mini's far more often than in the past.
B) you also not be able to get quick cl xp from honoring the hardworking quest as it has been removed. This also means no quick cash either from those quests.
c) The realm hastener has also been decreased in speed, so no more quick questing either.

It really is advisable that numbers are on these raids so that you can sort out your toons quickly and with far less hassle unless that is you like needless punishment.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
He's hard due to the pbaoe mass wipe, u gotta do him from range. But like i said, i'll do him on a weekly basis. That bracer and his loot is too good to ignore.

Ah, well, as I said, I dont find him that hard on classic with a fg. Just a tank or two to try to keep aggro on him, and then the rest on adds, and when adds are somewhat cleared, they on him aswell. He goes down hard with casterassist.

And the bracer is an OTD of course, so doing it weekly may be a bit much. Maybe just do it when there's chars enough that haven't got the drop? =)

Good initiative though! But I really see no point in doing him with 2 groups. =)

/j

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ah, well, as I said, I dont find him that hard on classic with a fg. Just a tank or two to try to keep aggro on him, and then the rest on adds, and when adds are somewhat cleared, they on him aswell. He goes down hard with casterassist.

And the bracer is an OTD of course, so doing it weekly may be a bit much. Maybe just do it when there's chars enough that haven't got the drop? =)

Good initiative though! But I really see no point in doing him with 2 groups. =)

/j

Was thinking of doing him with hunters from range ;) Once a week is enough as I want it on all my chars if possible :) I only came back a few weeks ago so i missed alot :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Heres some tips for doing Agramon and Dracolich (neckie is uber and in temps now too!)

Agramon (TOA stylie), 1 shammy and healer, 2-3 tanks rest casters.

1. NO PETS DAMMIT! Agramon charms them to twat you! Nothing worse than having to beat down your own ML9 pet!
2. Form up at around 1500 units from Agramons feet.
3. Drop a Crystal Titan at his feet, this will pull all his adds, you will still get a few peel and go for you.
4. Healer and shammy stay at 1.5k-2k range for heals and ressing. All resists up, casted end (not pulsing) on all toons for tankage and kiting.
5. Tanks go in, taunt styles as much as possible.
6. Casters nuke Agramon when not taking care of adds.
7. Game Over - please insert more coins to continue Mr Agramon.

Takes around 10-15 minutes depending on DPS, watch the CT and spunk it a heal from time to time if possible. I have done this enc with 6+out of group shammy bot.

Dracolich (Dracolich Lair) Good full group of sensibles, preferably a good mend healer or two and a shamman sub specced mend, 2 x taunting tanks rest casters.

1. Set up at the bottom of the stairs, out of LOS of Dracolich.
2. Tank1 burns Charge and runs into draw out the purple nasties from the dragons nest, when he has agro pull back to group, without charge he will be 75% snared and take ages to get back.
3. Kill the 10-15 grapes and a few yellow adds any way you can.
4. Healers and shammy move up to the top of the stairs, no further.Tank1 runs in and taunts the dragon.
5. Casters (must have 10% range) move to the edge of the pit, not into it, and start nuking, making sure you spread out a little to avoid the AE nukes.
6. Seers watch carefully for nearsight on casters, cure asap.
7. Tank2 stays with seers and twats any adds that may come from behind, while being assisted by casters when possible.
8. Continue nuking, and assist with any small yellow adds that may appear, they dont switch agro so nuke them down asap.

This can be done by casters alone, but it takes a shed load of healing, but you will avoid getting the granite nasties if you dont enter the pit. Same as before but Tank1 stays with the seers for protection.

If you work well together, in vent if possible, you will do both a breeze, if you are an alb or hib, you got it easy mode compared to mid so nerr!

Happy hunting.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Heres some tips for doing Agramon and Dracolich (neckie is uber and in temps now too!)

This can be done by casters alone, but it takes a shed load of healing, but you will avoid getting the granite nasties if you dont enter the pit. Same as before but Tank1 stays with the seers for protection.

This means it would well with hunters also? :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Agramon guards the end drain aura relic. Even with end5 he will drain all your endurance so trying to tank him is very tough.

In general ranged attacks are much more effective. The easiest way to kill him is obviously with more than 1 fg and then you wait 5 mins for the repop.

It can be done with 2 casters assisting on agramon with another caster (with the help of a few tanks) pbaoeing down the adds. However that is tough. The casters will need alot of power so if they have power mytheriums, power pots and 2-3 power charges thats very useful. Make sure you coordinate the use of JS. Respec stones should be very cheap now. Mastery of focus will help you land your spells more because it does raise the effective level of your spells past 50 (but ONLY in PvE). Obvious debuff nuking will help against agramon too.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Agramon guards the end drain aura relic. Even with end5 he will drain all your endurance so trying to tank him is very tough.

In general ranged attacks are much more effective. The easiest way to kill him is obviously with more than 1 fg and then you wait 5 mins for the repop.

It can be done with 2 casters assisting on agramon with another caster (with the help of a few tanks) pbaoeing down the adds. However that is tough. The casters will need alot of power so if they have power mytheriums, power pots and 2-3 power charges thats very useful. Make sure you coordinate the use of JS. Respec stones should be very cheap now. Mastery of focus will help you land your spells more because it does raise the effective level of your spells past 50 (but ONLY in PvE). Obvious debuff nuking will help against agramon too.

I did it first time with just two rangers hitting him, sure the end regen drain was a pain but ctr bard was a help and ofc some end pots/power pots 4tw did the trick. And yes, pbaoe the adds with the healers gaining healing aggro + a block bot or two works a dream tbh. Takes ages tho :s

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
It can be done with archer classes yes, "Standard Shot" uses no endurance, its damage is medium so it can get the job done in both cases. However they also have a much higher miss rate than casters, and casters usually have spell peircing in their templates to improve against resistance.

TBH either can be used.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
It can be done with archer classes yes, "Standard Shot" uses no endurance, its damage is medium so it can get the job done in both cases. However they also have a much higher miss rate than casters, and casters usually have spell piercing in their templates to improve against resistance.

TBH either can be used.

Well, thanks for giving me some options. I'll consider them over the next two or so weeks while I run this pre-lim raid. Got my eyes set on Agramon, Legion if we have the numbers and then Co5 and a possible request or two if I am asked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom