The Ring

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Nothing will ever come close to the satanic horror that was Ghostwatch from the BBC.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Then you are cursed.

Pipes will hunt you down and slaughter your family.

D

Damini

Heh, actually feel free to mock Kenny; he has an irrational fear that when he gets up to have a shower in the morning, pipes will be behind the shower curtain.

It was such a messed up show for BBC to show though.

"Yes, well my five year old son found a dead labrador in the park. She had been pregnant, and the feotuses were scattered around."

Looking back on it, the acting was appalling in places, but the special effects were good, and Craig charles and Parkinson gave it that sinister edge of plausability.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Have to say that the ring 2 in japanese was more scary while watching, ring 1 made me shit my pants for over a week. American version is great for a US horror/mindplaying movie. The only thing that bothered me it that they actualy put a ring in the movie to explain the title :p. muppets dont understand that ring stands for the telephone.

O

old.job

Holy crap, saw it last night, very well done, very disturbing.

Bit too much reliance on quiet sound tracks and then bang! Horrible image, loud noise. In fact the movie was like one continous version of those goddam awful flash/scare the shit out of you clips.

I am not afraid to say I slept with the light on last night, the telly unplugged from the wall and the phone disconnected.

K

Kobold

Thats film is the best "horror" movie I've seen so far. I allmost pissed my pants, and gf nearly ripped my arm off a few times :great:

O

old.Hellskor

Seen both films today, first "Ringu" then "The Ring".
Ringu is far more subtle, easy to miss out on 'scary' stuff.
The Ring is for Info-holics.

I'd say if the films would meet somewhere half-way, you'd get one hell of a film.

Ringu is too slow for my liking, the Intro was more amusing than building tension, but the End was hard. Short and hard.
Best part of Ringu.

The Rings Intro was getting close to scary, build up pretty good tension imo, but the end was waaaaaay too long. Totally ruined it.

X

Xtro

You can get the R1 Japanese Trilogy (Ring, Ring 2, Ring 0) now but I think they are doing a proper R2 release that will be out sometime in March for about £25 like someone has already said.

I quite liked the american version but its not a patch on the Japanese.

Tbh I thought the first 10 mins were the best :/

A

Arnor

scawy.

although i just saw the englhis version :(

didnt quite see the point in WHY she would go about doing what she did after "fallling down" but guess it wasnt made to make sense

B

baphomet

I liked it up until the end.
It disappointed me then because:
The crawling out of hte TV thing reminded me too much of a cheap Freddy krueger type thing
I would have preferred something more subtle.

[edit]
Damn, spoiler tags don't work...

G

Generic Poster

Use (Quote) tags for spoilers if you want, works well ;)

Call the US remake crap or whatever you want, but I've seen pretty much every Horror flick released over the past few years and they've all been pathetic. Even the older films I can sit through at any time, hell, I don't even break a sweat watching the Ghostbusters.

The Ring is something else though, there's an underlying evil to the film which sticks to you even when it's over. I'd say it's the feeling that you've been tricked into watching the tape, which leaves you paranoid.

I'm going to get hold of the Jap-original and see how much better it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom