The Return of WindowDragging?

only on Pendragon test server... not on EU servers... but something tells me if its showing up now on US servers then they messed with some coding by mistake and made it possible again.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
hmm,that kinda thing happens to me when I open dual client/alt tab to buffbot(for example)..then my main char does lag walk,walks for 1000 then gets back to first spot..etc,when I alt tab to him again,he's stands on the spot that he's still standing.So,is it possible to develop teleportation technology with messing with daoc code?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, first thing that popped in my head when I read that VN post was the 'mainly Albion does it' comment. To see the first reply pointing it out was very heartening. :)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
If you read the tread it is more a question of /face using instead of window dragging, servers cant handle your stop or something.

EmerraldX said:
Date Posted: 9/14 8:26am Subject: RE: Missy: Lag Casting...IE window dragging.
I am honestly starting to believe lag casting is a new "game feature" unrelated to window dragging. There are two likely related reasons why it appears Albion is guiltier of this "exploit" than the other two realms and it has nothing to do with one group of folks being more whinny or another more prone to cheating. Like most of the other problems in NF it can be traced to overpopulation.

For one, there are just more Albion toons out there than the other realms so by chance alone this new "game feature" is going to be seen being "used" by them more often especially since it's rare for Hibs and Mids to spend hours engaged in boring keep sieges against each other. Also because lag casting seems to be induced by player lag in general Albion does this to itself by often having more players in one place than the other two realms. Whenever I am at a keep siege with more than 8 albs around I see enemy lag ghosts all over the place. I think Albs might be learning to adapt to their lag issues and use it their advantage faster than the other realms is all, prolly because they have to deal with it more. I would love to hear from Alb players about Hibs and Mids engaged in this activity.

NF lag has been getting progressively worse for me over the past three weeks. I thought maybe this had something to do with all the complaints about ToA lag and that Mythic was trying to shift resources again but I haven't noticed any improvement in ToA yet. Lag in NF is so bad that lagdar takes on a whole new meaning. You'll feel vader lag if you are in the same zone as other forces and often times if you encounter a group or more the load lag at first is so bad you can hardly do anything but stand there to die.

These lag issues in both NF and ToA are destroying what little enjoyment I still get out of this game and something needs to be done badly. Does anyone know if the settings we were told to change in order to run ToA without lag when it first came out need to be corrected now that NF is going?

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
What a bunch of morons.

All that's happening is the caster is nuking you where the server thinks you are. if you aren't there according to your client, it's because you're lagging, rather than the caster and the server hasn't received the update that says "I've stopped".
If you are watching/chasing the ghost of the caster and then "boom boom boom", it's because you're lagging, rather than the caster and your client hasn't received the update that says "he's stopped".

No, it's not to do with the servers not handling the stop associated with /face and thus being able to nuke from your ghost's position as the packet which contains the "I'm nuking" command also contains position information, saying "I'm nuking from here".

Yes, it's very common to see this in NF, basically because it's a huge, laggy zergfest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom