Music The return of The Prodigy

ECA

I am a FH squatter
In that pendulum make something called music and so do the prodigy I guess they are quite similar........

Kryten

Old Cow.
Decided that I do like Stand Up.

So, good album all round then IMO :)

As for the comparisons, didn't Pendulum cite that Prodigy were one of their huge inspirations? Not a huge fan of them personally, but taste is taste et al.

Calo

Part of the furniture
They are comming 2/07/09 to the best festival in the world! :

Rock Werchter

So far : Prodigy , Oasis , Placebo, Tiga , Coldplay, Bloc party , Limp bizkit, kings of leon , franz ferdinand , Metallica etc...

Me going first day : Prodigy and Oasis :clap::drink:

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
The last track however, Stand Up, is not a Prodigy track whatsoever. It sounds more like fucking Mark Ronson!

Only just picked up the album myself and according to the sleeve Stand up and run with the wolves are the 2 tracks that Dave Grohl drums on. I quite like stand up, I thinks it's quite funky.

Kryten

Old Cow.
It's entirely impossible to sound really original these days without sounding like anything else, so some things we just have to accept. Short of adopting Hol-Rock then that probably won't be the case for some time. Either way, as long as it sounds good and people enjoy it, what's there to complain about.

I still keep whistling Stand Up and have had several people ask me what it was :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
I love all the tracks on the album, and would go so far as to say it's probably my favourite Prodigy album.

Weakest track on the album is Colours, but I still like that more than anything on AONO (bar you'll be under my wheels and spitfire).

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Good album on the whole. Some really good tracks and a couple of less-good ones (Invaders Must Die and Colours are nowhere near good enough). You can really hear the influences of Keith and Maxim now that they're back. Love some of the old tributes to old tracks that subtly work their way in.

Sar

Part of the furniture
TBH Wazza, IMD (the track) has really really grown on me a lot.

I was fairly unimpressed by it when I first downloaded the video free off XBL as part of Xtival, but I absolutely love it now :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Loving the album so far, definitely grows on you with each llisten through.

Although I could listen to Take me to the Hospital over and over again until my ears bleed, such a great fusion of their newer punky style with old skool roots, takes me right back to those fields I spent time in, in the late 80's, early 90's..

rave on :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
Theirs is still the only gig I've ever been to.

6th December 1996, King's Hall, Belfast.

Fucking loved it.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Or just download it from the billion sites who give it for free

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Piracy is bad, mmmkay.

And besides, the current rips out there are terribly done. I've literally only just seen a .FLAC posted, and the only other 320k rip was done by some spaz in iTunes and it sounds no different from the vbr that's floating about.

Not that I know these things.

00dave

Personally I'm more than happy to pay a few quid towards an album from a band that has given me excellent musical entertainment over the years. Don't know about the rest of you.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Personally I'm more than happy to pay a few quid towards an album from a band that has given me excellent musical entertainment over the years. Don't know about the rest of you.

Indeed. I just need to hear what the tracks should actually sound like, rather than hearing vile distortions. Will be bought on payday.

Kryten

Old Cow.
£3 on Amazon MP3 if anyone wants it on the cheap.

Nice find MystIC G, just wish I knew about that before spending 12 quid :D

Piracy is indeed bad. Of course I downloaded it first - with AONO being not of highest quality I didn't want to waste money I didn't have - times are indeed difficult. It was a great album and it was purchased the following day. If you like the music then support the artist, simple as that.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No thanks, a full album at just over the cost of a single bus fare is more than fair.

The Amazon quality may not be exceptional but then I'm not a big enough fan to want the CD, if I was a bigger fan I'd pay more and get it from 7digital or iTunes. For me it's about a 1 min download for a full album that then straight away hits the iPhone in a further 1 min and is then ready to come with me for hooking into the car kit.

If I had fantastic car speakers I might also consider buying better quality but I don't.

Everz

FH is my second home
Quality album, being on repeat ever since i got it, Warrior's Dance and Thunder are absolute class, only one i'm not so sure on is Colours.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I usually get most music from "very generous people", but I did buy this in Tesco last week, and got the additional vids dvd with it too. Ain't listened to the actual CD yet as the rip I got a number of weeks back sounds fine enough to me (iPod Touch 2g).

I do believe in paying for music that I enjoy, it's just a pity so few current releases justify a purchase. Most of the tracks on my ipod are old Orbital, Radiohead, Metallica and Prodigy albums that I bought years ago.

00dave

I think the music industry has been taking the piss over the past few years. The amount of albums I bought on the strength of a single track that turned out to be absolute garbage annoys me.

But I own all the prodigy albums on CD so I'm quite happy to keep my collection up to date whether it were good or bad.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I think the music industry has been taking the piss over the past few years. The amount of albums I bought on the strength of a single track that turned out to be absolute garbage annoys me.

This is precisely why I stopped buying albums. I usually waited until at least 3 tracks were released as singles, and if I liked them then I bought the CD. However over recent years those singles turned out to be the only decent tracks on the album, with the rest being fillers.

The music industry need to adapt and up their game if they want to survive in a time when tracks can be downloaded individually (either legally or not), and start putting together solid releases, with tracks of an equitable quality to the tracks chosen for single release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom