The rep system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I'm down to 8 thanks to people abusing it for personal attacks. It's not going to work.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
you shouldnt even worry about your rep, i have a whole list of reps saying "i hate you" and things along those lines

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I just don't think it will work. People will abuse it. People are abusing it.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
yep you are right, when post counts are in the thousands and others have +rep you a lot you really make a diff.

Adari

Part of the furniture
will you cry as much about this as the time ur postcount got reset?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Naturally, 4 people have tried to be smart asses and give me reputation feedback on this thread. None of them have enough rep to make more than neutral effect. Ha.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Belsameth said:
I suspect (and hope) it'll die down once the novelty wears off :)

After the novelty has worn off. It will either be not looked at and so degrading someones rep for revenge is useless, or it will work and the amount of abusers will be smaller than the people who use the system. So I guess it either wont matter or your reputation will matter, but then it wont be so abused.

Also something to remember is if you only post on the daoc dicussion boards, you dont need this thing as most posters will know you by your posts anyway. It is when you post on a complete different forum (within freddyshouse) that it is useful as people will be able to tell wether you are a board troll or a semi decent poster as they havent read any of your posts.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
the big mods can change the amount someones rep affects yours, so if it is abused i imagine it would be toned down, if its not set correctly already

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like an interesting system actually..
I have no idea how it works really, but once the forum settles down into a routine it will probably have much more reliable results.

Like Bayesian Filtering, the system probably needs some time to train itself :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone was obsessed with post counts before, now they'll be obsessed with reputation.

On the other hand it means everyone will be ass-kissing each other instead hoping for votes.

Which makes a nice change from insults.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Everyone was obsessed with post counts before, now they'll be obsessed with reputation.

On the other hand it means everyone will be ass-kissing each other instead hoping for votes.

Which makes a nice change from insults.

and there will be less spam as you will only lose by spamming (no postcount to increase and losing rep. points).

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
It should be removed IMO, and it can be, as it was on Prydwen.Net. I've had some really stupid comments, both positive and negative, and even more frustratingly, it's anonymous ffs!

Tilda

Personally I'd like posts that get deleted to have a negative effect on your rep too.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Personally I'd like posts that get deleted to have a negative effect on your rep too.
Oh you would coz your evul :twak:

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
What if you wanted to delete your own posts?

Rincewald

Fledgling Freddie
I got docked a rep point for saying that I wanted to pay a subs to FH... nerf! :(

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
since there are since there are some fucked up peeps on these boards i am on 6 rep :twak:
Now 6 people give me bad rep now. :kissit: so i can have none :m00:

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I'm on 5. Here I come minus numbers! But I don't mind, I think a bad reputation is a good thing.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
of course it is, thats why everyone choses the dark force powers in jk academy etc

evil is good, roleplay by getting a neg rep!

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
It adds a bit of spice to the forums....Its the idiots who are leaving insulting comments to people anonymously that is the problem with this system...

Alkoran

One of Freddy's beloved
What determines whether or not someone can affect your reputation?

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Alkoran said:
What determines whether or not someone can affect your reputation?

Nothing...they can affect it whether you've made a comment about something or not. All they have to do is click on the tick/cross icon regardless of whether you've said anything positive or negative.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Their own reputation and their number of posts I imagine.
I'm not completely sure though :)

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Thorarin said:
Their own reputation and their number of posts I imagine.
I'm not completely sure though :)

afaik that part of it hasn't been implemented yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom