The recent scam mails thats been around..

Status
Not open for further replies.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
If a business wishes to expand outside its national boundaries, it is prudent that they speak english.

Which they already do, what I am saying is there is no need for teh phoneline - wouldnt work imo - think of all the whines on FH phoning them ... plus they woul dhave to hire more people etc which doesnt make prudent business sense when they already have channels of communication available (and yes some people may have problems but doesnt mean it doesnt work)
Besides if you wanted additional services provided the costs involved may mean an increase in subs etc in order to fund this... would you be happy with that??

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
Great idea that dude...lets be sooo ignorant that everyone in the world has to speak our language because we can't be bothered to learn theirs..... Kind of person who goes to spain and speaks louder to the barman in the assumption that the louder you talk the easier it will be for him to translate.....seriously..read what you wrote above...take a deep breath and see if you can see what is wrong with that statement......

our language? Im swedish for gods sake and I belive that and KNOW that english is the universal language. English is the third most spoken language in the world still its being the universal one.

I see nothing wrong with what I said. And why is my avatar ironic regarding this matter? You take a deep breath instead.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
tbht the scams were so obvious only americans would fall for them. Thus the post on the herald.

;)

Isn't that a bit sterotypical ? Im guessing if i report a bad post on this one i would get no where ;(

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Funny that GOA posted something about this in their Friday news... no-one in this thread mentioned this.

We're all very willing to point out what GOA isn't doing but when they do do it no-one mentions it.

Stirring shit is so much more fun I guess :(

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Its still pretty poor not informing customers that there account security maybe at risk if they gave there info away while the website was up :eek6:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
makes u wonder how many people actually fell for it then..

People in general, are stupid. You can only protect them against themselves so much. :/

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
it has nothing to do with stupid because the i-nerds sitting here spitting on people not as aware about internet security.

Not being aware/knowing things isnt the same thing as stupid. Posting such remarks just makes you look like an arsehole

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
English is the third most spoken language in the world still its being the universal one.
If its only 3rd as you say maybe it isnt the most "popular" language though it may be spoke over the largest area...and what I mean with regards to your sig - you can't force people to speak a language just because its easier for you to make them learn yours rather than you learn theirs... thats ignorant in the extreme - yes english is a common language but no-one has the right to demand other people learn it - unless ya have adolf type tendencies of imposing ya view upon the world. Your sig says down with extremists, but in demanding everyone learns a language to suit you - isnt that extreme in itself?

Besides which - like i actually give a fook about this pointless debate tbh - stupid comments about phonelines so everyone can phone and moan - all I tried to do is point out how being realistic that it aint gonna happen..

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
English is regarded as the business language of the world, there fore most people learn it as say compared to swahili or esperanto. If a business wishes to expand outside its national boundaries, it is prudent that they speak english.

:m00:

You are so wrong... I work in a company that deals with countries over the entire world. (yes you read it right, we deal from england over to the entire world even asia) how? we got all different people covering most of the languages around. Dutch, italian, german, french, english, norwegian... you name it we nearly got it all. (and this is just in our accounting office!)

So it IS possible to employ people who are able to speak (or willing to speak) someone else's language to help them further with queries. Although i don't agree with the fact goa as a service or company that you can't actually speak to over the phone... i can see why they don't have that kind of customer support for the reasons Evzy stated.

As for english being the business language? only in countries where you don't have french, spanish or chinese speakers.
Go to a french speaking country or something close to french... they will only speak french to you and not english as in their point of view French is the business language and not English.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
1.Mandarin chinese type of language is no 1
2. spanish
3. english

English being the most spread one and used probably due to fokin americans.

I dont like having a debate with you either. and regarding my sig its more the fact that extremist muslims using some cartoons as an excuse to terrorise the world and even try to murder the children of the writers.

Phone lines for GOA would probably not work good at all. though Mythic has it their staff is probably larger and they also probably have more economy to do it. and dont speak to many outside of US either.

Lets leave it at this and dont go around and be unfriendly here. weekend and all :)
Off to pub! enjoy the night

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
1.Mandarin chinese type of language is no 1
2. spanish
3. english

English being the most spread one and used probably due to fokin americans.

I dont like having a debate with you either. and regarding my sig its more the fact that extremist muslims using some cartoons as an excuse to terrorise the world and even try to murder the children of the writers.

Phone lines for GOA would probably not work good at all. though Mythic has it their staff is probably larger and they also probably have more economy to do it. and dont speak to many outside of US either.

Lets leave it at this and dont go around and be unfriendly here. weekend and all :)
Off to pub! enjoy the night

How can a man who can occasionally write complete nonsense come out with so much sense?

/hats off :drink:

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
How can a man who can occasionally write complete nonsense come out with so much sense?

/hats off :drink:
you support villa...so tbh i question your definition of sense :p

GoldenThong

Fledgling Freddie
As one of those stupid people I thank those who have spoken so much sense in this thread, rep given you know who you are, to the ones who are so clever with computers/the internet/emails etc and like to tell the world about how marvellous they are.........remember......there was a time when you were computer illiterate.

Thanks to the people who have helped me in my time in DAoC, I don't learn like other people do, nothing stores very well, I have my own expertise and would probably give some very good information on it to the "I know everything there is to know about Puters" people, if ever they needed help with the thing I do best, but then again a percentage of these people give the aura of I know everything about everything so maybe they need to loosen their anal sphincter slightly to allow themselves to think more clearly before extracting the urine from the so called "stupid ones".

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Funny that GOA posted something about this in their Friday news... no-one in this thread mentioned this.

We're all very willing to point out what GOA isn't doing but when they do do it no-one mentions it.

Stirring shit is so much more fun I guess :(
Once again Pirkel you put your GOA bias on the whole subject. Something like this shouldn't have to wait until the Friday news. This should be something that is placed on the web site straight away!

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
the ppl who think they had it comming because they where so "stupid" they fell for it are you also the same guys who think its allright to rape a girl because she dresses like a whore? well she got nothing on ! she had it coming !

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
semanon said:
Once again Pirkel you put your GOA bias on the whole subject. Something like this shouldn't have to wait until the Friday news. This should be something that is placed on the web site straight away!

You saw when I posted that?

Reviving old posts ftw!

On topic: I'm not pro-GOA I'm against mindless bashing. If the bashing is well done I'll gladly support it because it will actually improve the situation. Mindlessly flaming like 90% of the people do on forums is completely counterproductive. All I do is inject some common sense, like I did with that post. I didn't say it was right that they waited till Friday (cause it wasn't). I merely stated that no-one else thought it was noteworthy, drawing the conclusion that shit stirring was the general goal above actually improving the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom