the real friday news...

F

Flimgoblin

Roo - someone's been reading (http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47102)

from http://www.camelot-europe.com

As some would say:
- "Aha maties! Another busy week for us at GOA."

Welcome to another episode of the "Real Friday news!". Today, email scam, Shrouded Isles, Paladin quest and Server population!

Let's start by the email scam going on lately. This is for now only affecting some French players but it never hurts to give a little reminder. GOA will NEVER ask you for your password.

If you ever gave your game password to someone, it is highly advised that you go to the "my account" page on http://www.camelot-europe.com and ask for a new password.

Now, let's see about the rest…

Shrouded Isles
With less than 15 days to go for Shrouded Isles release, the tests are still going strong and fast. New volunteers joined this week and we have for now only one major bug left. Of course, we will not relax the pressure before the release and we still have many tweaks to do and some minor bugs to fix.

While waiting for the release of Shrouded Islse in Europe, we cooked up a little trailer to introduce the coming add-on. If you did not see it yet, you can do so by checking our Shrouded Isles website.

On a side note, note that you will be able to find Shrouded Isles in two formats after the 19th of February. One is the add-on only (DvD box, orange cover) or the full collector edition, which includes the game, the add-on and maps of the realms (black box, DvD format).

Game servers and new players:
Those of you who are keeping an eye on the servers' population statistics (you can find them on the official website) probably noticed that the Dark Age of Camelot community is still growing every week. In fact, since the release of the patch 1.54, we have more players than ever on the servers.

In order to balance the servers, we invite new players to play on the less populated servers since the maximum number of players per server connected at the same time is 3500.

The best servers if you are starting Dark Age of Camelot Europe are:

English: Prydwen
German: Logres
French: Orcanie

We are of course keeping a close watch on the servers' population and if the number of players keeps on growing, we are ready to open new servers. However, we still have lots of room, so this is not a priority for now. Level 7 paladin quest:

Some players reported a bug with the level 7 quest given to Paladins. Only "Lady Triss" is bugged and you can go see another paladin trainer while waiting for a fix.

Short news today, happy hunting everyone!

O

old.Xarr

they encourage people to join prydwen instead of excal? that's utter bullshit. excal ain't that populated.

P

poi

Well Exc have 2500 online at peak times...thats almost 3000 - which is maximum

N

ning

Originally posted by poi
Well Exc have 2500 online at peak times...thats almost 3000 - which is maximum

3500 maximum

O

old.Xarr

anyways, my point was that excal can't be compared to avalon and broceliande. there's about a thousand more players on those servers at peak times compared to excal.

N

nju

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
We are of course keeping a close watch on the servers' population and if the number of players keeps on growing, we are ready to open new servers.

yay give new english server now!

O

old.Xarr

another server with the option to charcopy or just another new server?

i think it could make things interesting and good either way...

one thing that could also happen would be that chaos spreads and everyone dies.

*shrugs*

S

snoz

DVD ? ? ?

On a side note, note that you will be able to find Shrouded Isles in two formats after the 19th of February. One is the add-on only (DvD box, orange cover) or the full collector edition, which includes the game, the add-on and maps of the realms (black box, DvD format).

I was planing on buying the box set as i sold my account way back in 1.48 (level 50 runemaster). Is this right they are only releasing it on DVD format ?

I DONT HAVE A DVD PLAYER ? :(

O

old.Xarr

i think they mean the format of the box, not the contents mate..

S

snoz

woo i cant wait either cool to see you guys still playing ;) the danish hordes !!!

S

snoz

One is the add-on only (DvD box, orange cover) or the full collector edition, which includes the game, the add-on and maps of the realms (black box, DvD format).

Says there DVD format ? for the collectors edition ... which is what I'll need as i no longer own the single game. ? Anyone have a idea if thats right ?

R

Roo Stercogburn

lol

why do I get the feeling when I log on I'll be a lvl 1 Mystic again :D

S

snoz

WTF is your problem ? and if you could read MATE it says DVD format ........ open ur eyes and the curtain while ur at it :)

S

snoz

rofl man ...

add-on alone says = (DvD box, orange cover)

Game + add-on = (black box, DvD format).

Now if thats not confusing fine call me a noob .. seeing i was one of first 20 on midgard to be level 50 and we pretty much dogged the whole server ... im not sure who your calling noob tbH :)

O

old.Downanael

Wish they would open co-op server rather than third english server where would be around 500 players on primetime :rolleyes:

S

SilverHood

3rd english server would be nice

less zerging and more fun RvR encounters

S

Sortbane

Looks at a sign saying, "Welcome to Prydwen, the non-elite more mature english server" and looks at DocWolfes posts and sighs..

back to excal for me ;)

K

klavrynd

"don't hit the mezze... GAAAAH FFS!!!"

sounds familiar?

no wonder levelling takes ages when nobody knows basic game mechanics

D

DocWolfe

tbh we will just end up with more pled people who try to get to 50 as quickly as possible and still dont know what guard does.

Users who are viewing this thread