The Prydwen Alliance

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
So in the Ol' Prydwen thread there seem to be a great many players and guilds from the old DAoC days. There has been the suggestion of an alliance of the old guilds, I have no idea if this would work in practice and I'll leave that to the guild leaders to sort, but certainly by all moving to the same server we can guarantee good players and good friends, new and old. I personally look forward to fighting alongside some of those mids and hibs I used to fear and respect, and fighting against old allies of the past.

That said I have been trying to come up with a concrete, sure fired way of all of us getting on the same server on release. I invite others to post suggestions here, especially if you don't like my idea, if you do however post as much, the idea being that we all come to agree on one method to avoid confusion.

So onto my suggestion, I have posted this before but for the benefit of those that missed it.

We pick the server that is the closest to Prydwen alphabetically, starting with the first letter and working through. So if there is only one that begins with the letter P we all go to that one. If two begin with P we pick the one who's second letter is closest to R and so on until we have a winner.

If none begin with P then we go to the next closest letters O and Q if one begins with O and one begins with Q we goto their second letters with the one closest to R and so on.

If no O or Q we try N and R and so on until we get our winner.

Note only English servers apply so if there is a German server name Prydwen we ignore it ;)

If the servers are just numbered we pick the second highest number that's English, ie if 1, 3, 5 & 7 are English we go with server 5.

This is a little complex but will eventually get a server, once we figure it out we can post it here and people will be able to check. But for those that go straight in at least we will have some guidelines to go on to pick our new home.

If this idea is liked by enough I suggest linking this thread to your guild forums and instructing your guilds to follow these guidelines.

So comments and suggestions please.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
considering all the years of hate on boards between prydweniers shouldnt we stay the hell out of each others way? :)

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
I also been thinking of selecting servers together with old daoc guilds but seems most daoc vets going for destruction side. Going to be Order 1:9 Dest if we all join same server :)

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
considering all the years of hate on boards between prydweniers shouldnt we stay the hell out of each others way? :)

Phaha your the root of all evil Chimära .

hi ;)

To answer OP. Id suggest making the selection more simple.
Someone will probably mess that O R Q huh? what?
Let's just pick say, the second last server? or the first etc in alphabetic order.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Phaha your the root of all evil Chimära .

hi ;)

To answer OP. Id suggest making the selection more simple.
Someone will probably mess that O R Q huh? what?
Let's just pick say, the second last server? or the first etc in alphabetic order.

I agree with Amelyn. Make a little more simpler, so people don't accidentally mess up.

I think it would be really nice to see the Prydwenites get together in an alliance on WAR tbh :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Unless I'm missing a trick here the answer seems even easier than that. If people want to do this then why not wait till the server list is available then get the OP to post their choice here then all go with that one?

It may not be until release day but then there's not much anyone can do about joining a server until then anyway.

Night_Stalker

Fledgling Freddie
I like the idea alot although the part about having alot of desto fellas there aswell might be unwelcome, but since freddyhouse is somewhat hub for laodsof pryds why not make a poll at the same tiem to see whats the balance gonna be like. Until now it seems that alot of old daoc's will switch to what ever side to make it more balanced.

On the selection part, i consider it rather simple maybe just instead write it in another way ;)
Choices sorted by highest priorety:
Prydwen - Prydwe - Prydw - Pryd - Pry - Pra - prb - prx - Pr - Pa - Pb - Qa - Qb - R - if numeric server second from buttom

Fx. if there is a server Priah and a server prince and these are the only with a Pr, so we sould go for Priah since it has the Pr ,then both have i after that a as the first alfabethic letter. Does this make any sence? and don't say priah is misspelled wich is highly likly ;)

Another options is to "push" GOA to release the server names upfront before release then we can choose and "cool ordername" order people usualy flok there, see WoW.

Waiting 5-10min after server start for a name in the OP is not an option, just look at WoW launch and the imens drain on theyr server and now look at poor freddy if just 500 people simontanisly wanted to get in.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
It is a little complex but that's just to cover all situations. Saying just pick the second from the bottom might not be fool proof, the launcher might order the servers differently for one reason or another.

We simply don't know enough yet to be able to pick via that method.

The method I posted was designed to work with zero knowledge of the servers and independently of the way they are listed.

It's not as complex as it initially looks and if you are really having problems check here or with your guild for the answer :)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
You lost me quite early on but yeah would be nice to get the old prydwen back together on the same server, I'd definately be up for it. We're going destruction at release though so depends on whether other pryd guilds are going order or destruction

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
I might be on my own with some non-daoc players as a group but will definitely look into any server I can make contact with some ex-Pryds again. As of now we're thinking of moving to WAR as a 6-person 'friendship' rather than guild, so we may also need a home!

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm this wouldnt be fair, you would get rolled too bad by the Excal Alliance in all aspects aside from roleplaying.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Well i saw a long overdue chance for some Excal vs Pryd flaming and i couldnt pass it up :)

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Thinking about it further we need to consider the whole core/open server thing.

Hmmm with a bit of luck there will be a core English server named Prydwen and it will make all our lives easy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom