TV The Prisoner ( Remake )

ECA

I am a FH squatter
AMC ( Breaking Bad, Mad Men ) are doing a remake of the Prisoner and the first trailers were released at comic con.

YouTube - The Prisoner Comic Con Promo

Given they've done some cool shows I'm hoping for the best but can anything really touch Patrick McGoohan?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
maybe they should pay someone to actually write new scripts?????

:(

Zede

Part of the furniture
actually dont look that bad, will be following this, big fan of the original.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Just started last night, someone tell me if its more horrific than being bummed by teedles in a sports mascots outfit on a park bench or not please :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
loved the orignal but a remake is gonna be shocking ly bad unless the script writers took a large dose of lsd when writing it. it wont be the same unless its more than fucked up like original was

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Well, given how awesome Breaking bad and Mad men are... I've downloaded it...but I havn't brought myself to watch it yet.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Jim Caviezel is number six and Ian McKellen is number two.

Watched 28 mins of the 1hr30 ep1+2 combo, but going to bed.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Watched the first 2 episodes, mmmm, not sure. A friend of mine is a huge Prisoner fan... I'm sure he can find something interesting to say about it when I drop it off this morning.

Not sure if its a must see, the season in the US is already under way for a lot of other stuff which seems far more interesting than this.

Might wait for a few more episodes and watch a group of em together.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bleh watched an hour, it's got no hook in it.

Seems terribad.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ok I'll hang fire on this and see if its a slow burner, as many TV series often are. Maybe a few episodes in it will pick up. I'll check on this maybe in a month or so.

Cheers for the reviews guys! :)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
It was just a mini series, so 6 episodes. Watched it, gets better but not sure its the best remake.

Athan

Resident Freddy
I've never seen the original, but do know a lot of the pop culture references from it.

This remake did indeed start somewhat slow, and seemed very disjointed and confusing at times. *But* there's a reason for that, and in the end I think they did a good job of the whole thing. It does actually make internal sense when you find out what it's all about, something that I believe the original didn't due to Patrick McGoohan going off the deep end as writer/director towards the end.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
well from the start to finish the orignal was not meant to make any sense which has made it still one of the most watchable series decades after it was orignaly aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom