Photography The Post Your Photos Not For The Photocomp Thread For Critique Or Just For Fun Thread

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So yeah, we should probably have one of these. I think I was succinct enough in the thread title, so we're good to go. All skills welcome by the way, camera phone shots, snaps, whatever you want. It doesn't all have to be try hard shit like mine! :D

Post-processed a couple of more shots from North Devon, anywhere I can improve on it?

Valley of the Rocks, Lynton:
6232755828_d7963a408d_b_d.jpg

This place is awesome. The drops to the sea are completely unbarried and one step off the path and you will be dead. The whole place is infested with awesomesauce goats, who get in the most ridiculous places I've ever seen in my life. They are truly fucking mental.

Black Church Rock:
6232755368_b65e86d8f4_b_d.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can i still post my chity pictures on the photocomp thread even with this around? :D

Would be cool to color that b&w picture of yours in chrome'ish.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Those look great Wazz, I can't think of any to improve them.

I took this last week near Cauldron Snout:
6208992464_fee54419a9_b.jpg

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
What do you do as your "normal" post processing routine? Only just getting into this really, only tool in PhotoShop ive played with really is making small saturation adjustments to make the colours more vibrant

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Taken with a Nokia N70

Attachments

• taken.jpg
    taken.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 21

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What do you do as your "normal" post processing routine? Only just getting into this really, only tool in PhotoShop ive played with really is making small saturation adjustments to make the colours more vibrant

It depends on the shot and what needs doing. I don't have the best equpiment or raw skills so Photoshop is my godsend.

The above shots are all combined from 2 or 3 shots taken at different exposures. They're then merged together in Photomatix and various sliders played with to ensure they look tonally real and not ghastly like a lot of HDR stuff is.

It's then imported into Photoshop where I bring out more things - typically for landsapce photography I find putting a Liner Contrast curve normally brings out a good level of contrast. Will then fiddle with other things like colour balancing, shadows/highlights (if necessary, although with combined shots this normally isn't necessary) and tweaking individual levels of saturation etc.

Always finished up with a little sharpening - essential unless you have brilliant lenses.

It's well worth just playing with lots of the options - just ensure you have your history options set to remember 1000 or so, that way you can fiddle to your hearsts content and always revert back to your last good edit without a problem.

Things I'm not good at in photoshop or don't know anything about at all: Layering, Gradients, Cloning etc.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
you all pay like 400 quid or what ever for photoshop or are u using elements ? is that one enough ... or is it a bit 'arrr me hearties' kind of copy

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm not using elements. It's ok, but if you're remotely serious about editing stuff properly you'll use the full Photoshop. If I were to ever sell any photos, I'd probably buy it but until then it's economically unfeasable.

Nate

FH is my second home
Hey Buddha!

Attachments

• IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm not using elements. It's ok, but if you're remotely serious about editing stuff properly you'll use the full Photoshop. If I were to ever sell any photos, I'd probably buy it but until then it's economically unfeasable.

Sorry , your not using elements or you are and what about the rest of you

Clown

Part of the furniture
You stole my thread idea.
Have some streets.

No entry. by Clwn, on Flickr

I think I would prefer this thread if the pictures had some effort put into them, rather than a 'post random images' thread, though.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I got wet feet taking the pond photo, and was dangling halfway up a tree getting the frog one...does that count?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I just don't want it to turn into a LOL I TAEKD PICTAR thread. Maybe we can start a random images thread for random non-photography related pictures?

Nate

FH is my second home
sharp enough for you, english?

you fucking cunt.

Attachments

• P8250006.JPG
    P8250006.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 22

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Fuck off with your photo elitism, its the content not the gay focus that counts.

(If you're me that is, i.e not a nerd :p )

Clown

Part of the furniture
Hey Buddha!
I like editing other people's pictures. I find PPing as fun as taking pictures. Don't know/care if it's better or worse but it's at least 'different'.

6r8zD.jpg

I think the Buddha was underexposed and adding exposure just introduced noise :(

Nate

FH is my second home
I don't have photoshop atm so be my guest.

photoshop the stairs being full imo!

Clown

Part of the furniture
I use Lightroom to process my images. It's such a cheaty program. Anyone can make any picture pretty close to awesome with it. It got to the point where I actually got pretty annoyed at the ease of editing with it. Crappy pictures can be turned good by pushing a few sliders. Who knows how many rubbish pictures have been saved with this program?

I need to learn to take good pictures from the start, and cut down on the PP I do.

Your pics didn't work, Moriath. Press the share button above the picture, grab bb code (not too big size!), copy and paste into the reply box. You need to do some funky shit with the reply options which don't work in quick reply though.
Make sure 'automatically embed media', 'automatically retrieve titles' and 'automatically parse links' are unchecked.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
From the hotel I stayed at on Friday in Christchurch. Not photoshopped obviously.

Attachments

• SDC10297.jpg
    SDC10297.jpg
    873.8 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom