The phantom finally unveiled..

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:
what is it

Still vapourware it would seem :) Id love to see it on, a boot up sequence would have been nice....

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
There are pictures of it on. The lights come on and everything. No video output but still, it's got pretty lights!

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:
what is it

Vapurware console 'created' so the head of Infinium Labs can continue his habit of wasting investors money. Recently his company Infinium Labs Inc purchased Infinium Labs Corporation, leaving ILC as a wholy owned subsidary of ILI. Basically;

1) Investors give lots of money to company "A"
2) Company "A" invents company "B"
3) Company "A" acquires company "B"
4) Investors ask company "A" where money went, company "A" explains that it was spent acquiring company "B"

The actual console is a broadband based download only service (you get to wait 3 hours before you can play your game). It comes in 3 flavours each more powerful than the one before, however every game will run perfectly on the least powerful console. The reasoning being, from the C.E.O, that people like having the most powerful console available despite not being able to take advantage of it in anyway.

Needless to say the Phantom makes the Ngage look like the greatest launch ever.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
nice set of outputs on it, hopefully it won't be too drm'd and it'll be possible to mediaboxify it.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I'd like to think that this thing is a load of bullshit, but I know that in 18 months time I'll probably have one of the buggers sat in front of my TV ;)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I quote:

Everybody's favourite games console, The Phantom.

Right for a start i fail to see how this can be everybodys favourite console when hmm, hardly ANYONE has heard of it, so for a start this reviewer is already talking BS.

1. Just looks like another modded PC Ala X-box style.
2. Chances are its going to be another flop like the dreamcast.
3. Ive not even heard of any games being made specifically for it.

Chances are it will be around for a couple of months, and disappear into nowhere as have a few consoles in the past.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Dreamcast wasn't such a flop, still some great stuff being released for it.

Back on topic (sort of). Anyone seen the xgamestation? That looks fantastic, a low spec console which you build and program yourself. OK, not much use for 99% of the gamesplaying public, but a hobbyists dream come true. It's been close to release for ages now, I really hope it sees the light of day.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Chances are it will never launch whilst the CEO runs off with all the investors cash used to purchase the sham company

I think that's a bit more realistic. If the Phantom launches the launch title will have to be Duke Nukem Forever, it's the only way it could happen.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
babs said:
Dreamcast wasn't such a flop, still some great stuff being released for it.

Back on topic (sort of). Anyone seen the xgamestation? That looks fantastic, a low spec console which you build and program yourself. OK, not much use for 99% of the gamesplaying public, but a hobbyists dream come true. It's been close to release for ages now, I really hope it sees the light of day.

Those XGameStations look pretty fun, actually :D

I'll get my Dremel ready :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom