the pc zone 21 day trial

B

bracken_woodman

Saw that when I got the mag today..good to see it's atleast being promoted...and also amusing that it was that old LoD wipeout pic they were using in the article ;)

M

Meerclar

i went on the alb realm and at 7.30pm found only 4 other players there.
i dont think this promotion is doing much atm.

L

lairiodd

I assume you need to actually get pczone to get the promotion ? :)

R

rayzor_e_w

don't do what I did and tell ur boss about it :(

fingers crossed he thinks it sucks or something ;)

N

NetNifty

Registered 3 accounts, been focus pulling with my bro and bot in hib, seen at most 15 on server, 5 in hib with 3 of those us lol.

O

old.Vae

Some of the E&E are on there from time to time offering advice etc but I have to agree the most I've seen in Alb is about 9 including myself so I'm not sure it's being much of a success :(

J

Javai

Not surprising considering that over every weekend when people are likely to try it they can't register.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Been on there helping ppl to get to know the game, so far at most ive seen 15ppl in mid at one time, id say 20% are old players looking to see whats new, 20% wouldnt bother to buy the game and the rest seem keen, yet are annoyed at the lack of availability.

I think once Foundations goes live, there might be a new box set released, who knows. Lets hope.

Myself, i think this should be released as a download, like in Italy, where they can download the game, and play for 30 days on a test server. This way many more ppl (who dont buy PCZ) can get hold of the game and at least try it.

Who knows, maybe one day....

N

NetNifty

yup GOA screwed up a bit - didnt have the test server open straight away and when you registered an email was sent to you stating that you will get an email to tell you when the test server is opened but the email never came :m00:

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by Javai
Not surprising considering that over every weekend when people are likely to try it they can't register.

Also where can they buy it? The only places I've found are Gameplay and a couple of copies in the large HMV's on Oxford St.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by old.Vae
Also where can they buy it? The only places I've found are Gameplay and a couple of copies in the large HMV's on Oxford St.
Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
I think once Foundations goes live, there might be a new box set released, who knows. Lets hope.
??

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Well, it looks like the CD version of the mag doesn't have the game on it - only the DVD version :/ (and, of course, you don't find that out until you buy the mag). This seems a pretty catastrophic oversight given that the DVD version is £1 more expensive and not as widely sold.

I think we can give up on this promo getting more than half a dozen new players, tbh.

M

mib666

First off you gotta get The DVD version of PC Zone to get free trial (Good thinking GOA no fucking shops sell it) What a waste of time. This promo should have been on CD version, just hope who ever is GOA's Marketing Director gets the sack as he/she is not fit to clean toliets :rolleyes:

M

mib666

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Been on there helping ppl to get to know the game, so far at most ive seen 15ppl in mid at one time, id say 20% are old players looking to see whats new, 20% wouldnt bother to buy the game and the rest seem keen, yet are annoyed at the lack of availability.

My thoughts excactly but GOA cant think like that, probably because all ther employee's are FUCKTARDS :mad:

O

old.Vae

Um and how large is Daoc + SI + any patches (not sure if they're on the DVD or not)?

How much room would PC Zone be willing to divert to this? Hence it only being on the DVD.

M

mib666

Um and how large is Daoc + SI + any patches (not sure if they're on the DVD or not)?

How much room would PC Zone be willing to divert to this? Hence it only being on the DVD.

It should have had its own CD, just like they have done with everquest and numerous other MMORPG's

A

Addlcove

to be honest GOA should have made a demo cd that PCZ was able to ship with their ordinary mag, end of problem

O

old.Vae

Given that my SI directory is 767 MB it might not fit on one cd (ok there could be a element of compression but not having cds to hand I can't check this).

A

Addlcove

Given that my SI directory is 767

try deselcting all the char files and your screenshots ;) then take into account compression... no problem getting that on a 80min disk (700mb)

C

Cyfr

I couldn't find the mag in one shop in my local town (theres tons of game shops too).

GoA ALWAYS do something wrong so its not a surprise to me :).

What theys should do, and what the other DAOC hosters do, korea and italy (I think) offer downloading of the game too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom