The Paladin Thread

L

Lanceloc

Ayeye,

How can a paladin defend casters and rezzers in a chaotic RvR situation?

Are you suggesting that, in RvR, a paladins role is stand next to the caster and put guard and protect on him/her, and only attack any enemy "tanks" that try and slice/crush/thrust the casters head off?

I suppose this would be ideal if only 1 enemy "tank" attacked the caster you are defending at a time. I've not been in this situation though but I havent spent aeons of time in RvR (only 1600 realm points so far).

O

old.Ayeye

You are right mate, in fact I'm not so good in RvR.

But franckly I prefeer to hunt in small group with friends when I go RvR.

I do not like crowded situation for the moment because I've got a p3 800 and I have a frame rate of 1 frame every 5 seconds (in crowded situations) :)

And in my little exp in RvR I have to say tha I have found a couple of ideal situation where 6 party group fought against 6 party group (ehm it is true also that I was slained most of the time :) )

C

cadiva

Pallys and spec points

I was just wondering why those of you who are playing a paladin chose the class originally?

I have a paladin alt on Prydwen and she is level 10. I haven't particularly thought a great deal about where her spec points should go, other than that she is fighting with slash weapons both 1H and 2H and I am trying to keep chants at a match for my level.

The reason I chose the paladin (my main character on Pryd is a cleric) was for some front up fighting which also had the added attraction of a little bit of magic.

What drew the rest of you to play your paladins?

L

Lanceloc

I chose the paladin because I like roleplaying a righteous, honourable warrior of God, thwarting evil wherever I may find it, promoting justice and goodness for all, upholding the law, protecting the innocent and generally sacrificing myself for the good looking female cleric in the group. :)

A

Ardwan

aye, same reasons as Lanceloc...plus I like being the one who can hold the enemy off for those vital few seconds while everyone else legs it to a safe distance, and armsmen are just a bit too plain for me, I wanted some kind of abilities, like I love ressing people, and for some reason when someone dies they look for a cleric..or maybe a friar, never a paladin, so i don't get lots of people asking me to run half-way cross the land to res them, if i see them die, or see death message, and are close by, I res them....and every so often I patrol mithra and keltoi and res any unfortunate people :)

O

old.Spanjab

Very interesting read that, and all true!

Do Mythic listen to that guy then?

L

Lanceloc

Spanjab I think he works for them, not 100% sure on that tho.

Wish I had his job.

The features I reckon would be better for Paladins and the game are

1) Making chants from multiple paladins stack (would be effective in RvR then and even better in PvE)

and

2) Making chants effect all Albions within a certain radius in the frontier lands (like the Protection From Evil 10' Radius AD&D spell - this would make sense and may encourage army formations instead of the "armed mob" we always appear to be)

Of course, other chanting or shouting classes should get a similar boost.

This is just an opinion, no one official will see this.

O

old.Spanjab

Stacking heals works, we had a group including 5 pallys in Keltoi and with 5 heals on the go we were all getting 100hp back every 6.5 secs! To be honest I think that was too powerful and I'm not sure stacking is the answer.

If the damage chants stacked in that example we would all likely hit for about 25 damage plus 70 odd from chants each time which would be too much! If you just mean they should stack on top of other classes bufs then yeah, I agree there!

Let's hope they do something to make us work RvR. Most Pallys I have seen are 1H Slash and Shield and it basically sucks in RvR :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom