PS4 The Order 1886

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
New thread so I don't clog up the Bloodborne thread

@Moriath

I take back what I said earlier btw, it is worth £50, for me at least anyway :p story is just starting to open up now, i'm not steamrolling through it so I still haven't finished it, really enjoying it so far. It's almost like playing an FMV from the start, the story is good, the gameplay is good (for a console/control pad game) and the attention to detail/graphics are amazing, were it not for the control pad i'd have genuinely thought I was playing a PC game.

Won't be trading it in when I finish it I reckon, its a keeper (even if it does turn out to be quite short compared to other games)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Does it have a multiplayer as well? Or just single player?

How long have you played it now?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Singleplayer and I'm about 2 hours ish in to it at the moment, so if I was to go by reviews and claims i'm about 3 hours off finishing it. I'm exploring/looking for collectible items though so I think it'll last me longer than 5 hours.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A peasant mate who bought it is livid, basically £10 an hour for entertainment. Shocking.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Most people said 6-10hrs if you do some of the side stuff, 5-6hrs if you skip.

£/hr value seems awful regardless.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh I'm not arguing that the value is probably shit for most people, I'm quite enjoying it though :p I've already paid the money however so I just have to get on with it, its not a terrible game though. I think for future releases from the company that made it however I'll wait before buying.

Maybe I've just been away from console gaming for too long and its clouding my judgement :p I dunno

On a side/unrelated note I really wish they would add an option to remove games from your trophy list because its getting clogged up with shit free games I've played for like 5 minutes and will never touch again.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's about what you pay going to the cinema except it lasts longer. Lol

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've seen quite a few people say they have enjoyed it and it's a fun game for the duration of it, but still, it's kind of an accumulation of all the negative stuff that turned it into the shitstorm it's getting.
From reused bosses, unskippable cutscenes, QTEs, + the overall length, it's understandable why it's getting panned pretty hard.
Plus there are plenty of games that come out w/ that play length that start at £10-20 and don't suffer from above problems.

Re: Cinema pricing. Even if you pay £10 for a 2hr film, that still makes the cinema a cheaper £/hr than the order :p

I don't wanna jump on the hate train unnecessarily, so I watched a bit on youtube of a playthrough and noticed some stuff that'd piss me right off.

800p r u serious.
Aggressive DOF, like holy shit.
Apparently good graphics = flowy clothes, while ignoring the insane DOF+LOD. Seems to suffer from TLOU syndrome, where the character has high fidelity but everything else looks like shit and hope nobody notices.
Also high levels of motion blur to hide the frame rate issues, feels laggy when people are moving their aim around because of it.

Feels a lot like a Call of Juarez type cover shooter as well.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've seen quite a few people say they have enjoyed it and it's a fun game for the duration of it, but still, it's kind of an accumulation of all the negative stuff that turned it into the shitstorm it's getting.
From reused bosses, unskippable cutscenes, QTEs, + the overall length, it's understandable why it's getting panned pretty hard.
Plus there are plenty of games that come out w/ that play length that start at £10-20 and don't suffer from above problems.

Re: Cinema pricing. Even if you pay £10 for a 2hr film, that still makes the cinema a cheaper £/hr than the order :p

I don't wanna jump on the hate train unnecessarily, so I watched a bit on youtube of a playthrough and noticed some stuff that'd piss me right off.

800p r u serious.
Aggressive DOF, like holy shit.
Apparently good graphics = flowy clothes, while ignoring the insane DOF+LOD. Seems to suffer from TLOU syndrome, where the character has high fidelity but everything else looks like shit and hope nobody notices.
Also high levels of motion blur to hide the frame rate issues, feels laggy when people are moving their aim around because of it.

Feels a lot like a Call of Juarez type cover shooter as well.
Cinema is more like fifteen quid and that's before popcorn and a soda. So It works out about the same. I think

Oh acronyms much. No idea what half of them mean. Lol

ECA

I am a FH squatter
DOF = Depth of Field.

It's basically a technique used commonly in photography to make stuff like nice, by blurring the background of a photo.
Depth_of_Field_Tutorial.jpg

How it's used in games like this:
View: http://youtu.be/1ezx_m-WZ2o?t=21m43s

You can see that the very close up is high quality, but everything else drops massively over distance ( and at a really short distance at that ).
Basically when it's used in games it's a poor excuse to blur the shit out of the background to increase frame rates. ( usually while using lower polygon count models and lower quality textures, because if it's blurred to shit it doesn't matter ).

LOD = level of detail, again a distance technique, to make close stuff look good, and far stuff to look less good, you can see it in the video I linked when comparing say the player models to even stuff 5-10 metres away.

levelofdetail.jpg

TLOU = The Last of Us

Talivar

Part of the furniture
It was short but i enjoyed it more than most recent games, it felt like an interactive story and i like that as long as the story is good and not every game does it ofc
Its a game everyone should play, maybe just when its on sale if money is an issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom