The one i have been waiting for!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i've never seen the original :( don't like the idea of changing freddys background though, I mean giving him a more sympathetic history I liked the scenario that he was a nasty bastard in life and in death why does everyone have to be tortured victims of their past in movies these days.

To go off on a bit of a tangent here I get a bit sick of them doing the whole tortured hero bit (batman, spiderman, even superman had his moments and wolverine too!) I mean if i had a superpower I'd be well happy and it'd more than compensate for my shitty past lol. But when they start with the villians making you want to sympathise with them and stuff, gah can't they just be evil? Although saying that the background story to hannibal lecter was pretty well done, but still, I want me heroes to stop brooding and to not be put in an emotional quandry when I see a bad guy!!

Is that too much to ask??

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I mean if i had a superpower I'd be well happy and it'd more than compensate for my shitty past lol.

Freddy killed a bunch of kids, then their parents got together and killed him. End of. There can be no changes!

Also, completely agree with Ez here.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Agree with TdC.

And i stopped watching the trailer when it said Michael Bay production.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
such snobbery. There is nothing wrong at all with having Freddy killing Transformers

soze

I am a FH squatter
i've never seen the original :( don't like the idea of changing freddys background though, I mean giving him a more sympathetic history I liked the scenario that he was a nasty bastard in life and in death why does everyone have to be tortured victims of their past in movies these days.

To go off on a bit of a tangent here I get a bit sick of them doing the whole tortured hero bit (batman, spiderman, even superman had his moments and wolverine too!) I mean if i had a superpower I'd be well happy and it'd more than compensate for my shitty past lol. But when they start with the villians making you want to sympathise with them and stuff, gah can't they just be evil? Although saying that the background story to hannibal lecter was pretty well done, but still, I want me heroes to stop brooding and to not be put in an emotional quandry when I see a bad guy!!

Is that too much to ask??

Thats why i like the Criminal Minds show they have some people raped as a child but they also just have nutters. Like one guy getting his Lenny type brother to kill hundreds of people so he can do do medical experiments he was just a nutter an i liked that.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
exactly! i'm so fed up with having to feel sorry for, or understand the bad guy...just let him be eviiiil and be done with it!!

and would a 'happy' superhero be too much to ask for?

btw soze, you might know this because it seems as if no one else on the interweb does...when is the new series of NCIS coming out?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Already out in America and on FX over here if you have it. Not sure when Channel 5 might be getting it though they are normally a fair few months after FX.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i have alll the freddie films already, its funny to watch them cause they get more and more stupid as they go on. The first was a proper good film to change the colour of your pants

Marc

FH is my second home
I enjoyed number 3 the most but number 1 was defo the scariest. My babysitter made me watch it and I shat myself

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Got the guy who played Rorschach in The Watchmen and the kid who played John Connor in The Sarah Connor Chronicals, Clancy Brown who was in Shawshank Redemption/Starship Troopers... good line up :D

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The one set in the mental hospital scared me :(

This one looks ok though, hopefully will be worth a watch

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What are they changing about freddy exactly?

Maybe it's explained by EQs "I've never seen the original"(where's amrc when you need him :p), but the story the trailer says in this new one is being told in the original elm streets.

The only more sympathetic thing here would be to show him as a human, or "how it started", but that's hardly a ground breaking change. Like said, it's already in the movies.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
exactly! i'm so fed up with having to feel sorry for, or understand the bad guy...just let him be eviiiil and be done with it!!

and would a 'happy' superhero be too much to ask for?

btw soze, you might know this because it seems as if no one else on the interweb does...when is the new series of NCIS coming out?

Sort it out EZ! You can download up to episode 9 I believe, and FX are only a few days behind the US for broadcasting it over here.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
one of the origionals definatley explained freddies human past.
i believe he was a peadophile or something and the towns parents set him on fire.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Sort it out EZ! You can download up to episode 9 I believe, and FX are only a few days behind the US for broadcasting it over here.

lol i can't download anything! I can just about manage to watch something on iplayer and after that it all gets way too confusing!

Yes freddy was a groundskeeperwilly-type-character child abuser and the townsfolk killed him dead then he came back and killed their kids dead. I've not seen the first one but was told all about it in school by my friends who were allowed to watch such stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom