the old debate.

ScoobyDoo{KEA}

Fledgling Freddie
inmho i think rangers and celtic and maybe a few more scotish teams should be in the english leagues.

3rd division though :)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
well tbh, I mostly agree ( did I actually say that)

Rangers will probably suit the 3rd division (cos they are crap atm)

BUT, I reckon the Celtic could cut it at the higher levels.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No, they'd get hurt up and Scottish football would suffer as a result.

mank!

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't mind seeing all the Scottish teams filtered into the English leagues, although doing that would probably result in 5 professional leagues, plus the conference which most teams are professional as well now. It would be interesting but it'll never happen and to take only Celtic and Rangers out of the Scottish leagues would be unfair and detrimental to their football as a whole. That said, if Scottish talent had a chance to play better opponents in the English leagues it would probably improve the quality of the national team.

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Cant see it ever happening really, Rangers and Celtic could probably cut it (granted Rangers are playing shite atm) but i think it would leave the Scottish game in a bigger mess than it is already.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
raw said:
Cant see it ever happening really, Rangers and Celtic could probably cut it (granted Rangers are playing shite atm) but i think it would leave the Scottish game in a bigger mess than it is already.

Lets face it - The scottish game couldnt actually get much worse.

Dundee in liquidation
Motherwell still struggling to get out of liquidation

Most teams aspire to finish 3rd (behind Rangers and Celtic)

Other teams can hardly hold their own against average continental sides.

And all this simply filters through to the national team. Cant think of one stand out player in the national squad.

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Exactly, look at Rangers and Celtic, only reason they are 1st 2nd every season is because they hardly have any Scottish players.

Mini

Fledgling Freddie
I say first division. At least then, if they really ARE good enough, one season will land them in the prem!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I can't imagine Southampton fans travelling up to Glasgow tbh, or vice-versa (I'm in Manchester)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
raw said:
Exactly, look at Rangers and Celtic, only reason they are 1st 2nd every season is because they hardly have any Scottish players.

There has been a few games (particularly last season) where Rangers fielded a team of 11 non scottish players, and Celtic 1 scottish player.

Simple reason? our players are not good enough.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
I can't imagine Southampton fans travelling up to Glasgow tbh, or vice-versa (I'm in Manchester)
Not much different than going up to Newcastle or Sunderland :) At least it's easier to fly to Glasgow.

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Lazarus said:
There has been a few games (particularly last season) where Rangers fielded a team of 11 non scottish players, and Celtic 1 scottish player.

Simple reason? our players are not good enough.
Its a sad state of affairs really and its why the Scottish national team struggles so much, i think when Rangers played Man utd (either home or away) at 1 point they had 11 non Scottish players on the pitch and it was still dubbed the Battle of Britain.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Tom said:

Easy enough to fly from Soton to Glasgow, if ye can afford it! :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I think it would be ace for everyone involved if english and scottish football joined together.

The small time divisions of Scotland would probably have to be kept local though, as it could get too expensive for smaller teams to travel to England.

Maybe something like seperate 3rd divisions, and below, and join Prem, 1st and 2nd divisions.

Would be tricky managing it with relegation and qualification to the higher divisions.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Celtic & Rangers hmmm

Well I have been thinking about this and I wouldnt mind it. At least we can really show how shite football is up there.

Celtic did ok last year, but put them against Man Ure, Chelsea or Arsenal and I dont think they will do anything like the rest of the Premiership, so why have them in, along with Rangers? Surely its cutting out the lower teams in our own system?

Also I think it would help Scottish football to put a quota on foreign players and also have a salary cap. Well the salary cap would be good for our league really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom