The official 'stop being a potato and enjoy your life' thread.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
my gf, who is a nurse, says much the same thing. I can get my head round it but I know that it would take me apart. Maybe that is why I am not a nurse :)

That and the lack of hothot *drool* *Auuuuuuga!* shirtpuppies :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you saying my hunky manboobs aren't hot? :eek:

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
For me it would have to be my first Skydive. Absolutely amazing. Words really can't describe how good it was. I would advise anyone who has even had a passing thought about doing it to get up and do it. It's total and utter freedom; just you and the world.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
You know, this was actually quite hard for me to decide. I'm 19, I've been travelling since I was 2 with my parents and general family, been to most European countries and the Caribbean a couple of times; yet. I’ve seen a lot of the sites, seen a lot of the views (most of which I can’t remember) from where I’ve been and there’s not really anything that’s stood out. Still got loads of places I want to go on my own though, as it’s been family – It’s mainly been western places/developed places… Though, I admit. Some places which are surrounded by desert scare me.

If I had to pick the one thing (Which I do indeed remember) it was when I was in Trinidad for 2 weeks visiting my God Mother and her husband, we were at a beach and there was around 100 meters till you got to a smaller part of the land. We hired (me and her husband) a jet-ski and just went up and down the stretch of water a few times.

Think that was one of the best experiences I’ve had while out of the UK. But I suppose one of the best ones was when I moved to where I’m living now actually, got a good set of friends; a active social life (after a MMO addiction!) and am pretty much enjoying it now.

Meh. People always say they could travel as much as I have (I’m only as I’ve said) but I just think they’re BSing. Life isn’t over yet ;) Still a lot more to experience.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
For me it would have to be my first Skydive. Absolutely amazing. Words really can't describe how good it was. I would advise anyone who has even had a passing thought about doing it to get up and do it. It's total and utter freedom; just you and the world.

Yeah, got to say to anyone who´s thinking about it, just do it (just don´t look at that other skydiving thread posted a few days ago ;)). Having said that, like Teeds, I found the Bungy jump even more exhilarating, which is saying something.

This is a great thread, people should sit back and realise how lucky they are sometimes that we live in a world and come from a culture where we can do shit like this; travel to another country on a whim, do crazy shit like jumping out of aeroplanes etc. I know I appreciate just how lucky I am; tomorrow I´ll be watching the Carnival in Rio, how cool is that?

Oh, and Throd and Louster, take it outside guys, please?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Meeting Tohtori at random on PKR just now!!

Not really...

Not sure I can specify one moment, but with some luck this year, it's going to be seeing my child born, or at the very least having my wonderful girlfriend tell me she's pregnant :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Not sure I can specify one moment, but with some luck this year, it's going to be seeing my child born, or at the very least having my wonderful girlfriend tell me she's pregnant :)

Fingers crossed for you both, the child birth really didn't do it for me though. It was utter carnage :eek6:

My son most definitely makes my life have a meaning.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Hmmm. I'm not so active these days but I've done fair bit in the past. I've climbed Scafell Pike (highest mountain in England) and that was quite cool. Been to the Lake District 4 times in total and climbed most of the mountains in it. The mix of being so knackered and feeling your blood pumping while you admire the view is fantastic.

More recently I'd have to my highlight was a fishing trip with my dad and some family friends. At the time it was a cool experience but I look back on it with increasing fondess simply cos I got to go fishing for the first time despite growing up in a sea-side town. The best bit about it tho was cos I got to spend quality time with my dad.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Fingers crossed for you both, the child birth really didn't do it for me though. It was utter carnage :eek6:

My son most definitely makes my life have a meaning.

I bloody told ya didnt I?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No idea about a best day overall but the best day's work I ever did was at a BTCC night race at Snetterton, IIRC 1998. First ever time they tried it. Baking hot day, crowds of spectators cooking on barbecues, fairground, music pumping around the circuit.

The feature race was fucking amazing, race start was about 0030 IIRC, really top quality racing. I had the best position on the circuit for racing and for visuals. Loads of crashes etc. Fantastic.

Then to top it all off, on the BBC they used my shot as the cars crested a hill backlighting about a million flying insects, and set it to the Knight Rider 'whoo whoo' intro music :D I was well chuffed.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Canoeing down the French Ardeche was fun, stopping at beaches to sleep overnight then carrying on. Passing the nudey beach was fun. :D Almost drowning in Australia was strangely exilerating too, and going in to college the next day to find myself in the newspaper for being a daft foreigner (slow news day?)
Going to Highbury back in the old days to watch Arsenal with my dad, before things turned rrrrrrather sour.

Other than that I like moments like being alone and wandering around a museum, or stopping off for a few hours at an airport in a country I've never visited. I just like that feeling of being on my own but being surrounded by so many other people.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't feel bad if you haven't done anything amazing, sometimes money prevents it or the opportunity doesn't present itself. The main thing is about attitude, you should try saying YES to something you would normally don't fancy, or would reject.

I was ill recently and honestly thought that it was over, so just getting up and going to work, enjoying your kids and family, the usual stuff is a blessing that's relatively free!

I have done some really interesting things in my life but as Trem says, sometimes just being with yr mates, family or whatever is all good. You don't have to jump out of planes!!1

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
I have done some really interesting things in my life but as Trem says, sometimes just being with yr mates, family or whatever is all good. You don't have to jump out of planes!!1

i would have to agree there. i just loved the times i spent with my parents when i was younger. now as i got older, those times are only once a year or so instead of once-twice a month. kind of sad really, cos as you age you realise its all getting shorter :\
stuff like going to the country side, going out for dinner, going to the cinema, anything with the parents, its all good!
remember that kids!

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmz

The one outstanding moment...

The birth of Stefan.
stefsmile.jpg

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom