The official Mousemat thread.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So, simple really, show us your mouse mats!

Keep the images small, just to be convinient and nice.

I'll kick things off with this, which will earn a rep for anyone who knows where it's from :D

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Hmmm, almost everyone i know has a optical mouse and therfore haven't used a mousemat in years

or maybe i'm just posh?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
don't use a mousemat
gone one of those mice with a red laser up its ass. optical?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, i prefer one even with an optical one, easier to keep the mouse area clean etc.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
qpad01_full.jpg

this is exactly the mat+mouse i use. its was amazing for when i played q3. its still awesome.
not my picture though.
oh, and why would someone want a mousemat thats so large? because low sensitivity is the key to accuracy!
to get the most out of it you have to use the qpad mouse skates, but i stopped using them when i stopped playing games that require accuracy like that.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
IC-Panicore had a sensitivity of 32 back in the days :)
(and when you watch his Demos, you´ll see it)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
IC-Panicore had a sensitivity of 32 back in the days :)
(and when you watch his Demos, you´ll see it)

some guys played with high sens and it worked for them, low sens worked for me. plus /sensitivity doesnt show that much, its more about how many cm it takes you to do a 360' turn ;) since the sensitivity setting is just an arbitrary number that is affected by so many things other than just one setting.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm, almost everyone i know has a optical mouse and therfore haven't used a mousemat in years

or maybe i'm just posh?

I have an optical mouse but my desk is made of glass so it doesn't work without something under it. I just use a bit of manky paper though :x

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
some guys played with high sens and it worked for them, low sens worked for me. plus /sensitivity doesnt show that much, its more about how many cm it takes you to do a 360' turn ;) since the sensitivity setting is just an arbitrary number that is affected by so many things other than just one setting.
I know mate, I´m a low sens player myself. Just had to bring this example, because you said it´s the key to accuracy (which I believe). This guy (Panicore) was insanely good. Always enjoyed watching him play.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
I know mate, I´m a low sens player myself. Just had to bring this example, because you said it´s the key to accuracy (which I believe). This guy (Panicore) was insanely good. Always enjoyed watching him play.

yeah, IC used to dominate quite a lot back in the day. remember, they had belth who was like the best shafter in the world yet changed weapons by using next/prev weapon. so what im saying is in the end whatever you are comfortable with works :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dont have a mouse mat, I feel Marginalised!

wtb benefits.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
pink sheet of paper here. My desk at uni seems really shiny so for some reason the optical mouse moves really slow on it which is why I use paper. I'm kinda a high sensitivity guy, but that's usually cos I don't have enough room to do low sensitivity.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I use a 10 year old Ratpadz mat, it has never let me down and will still be viable in 20 years time as it is so hard wearing.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
qpad heaton!

Qpad-Heaton.jpg

hard plastic mat! its so awesome :)
Edit: no i did not buy this because im a Heaton fanboy i got it for free ^_^

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Steelseries SX for my logitech mx518, had it for years now and still going strong :)
1289-1580.jpg

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I don't use a mousemat and most of the time I don't even use a mouse because for office applications, a multi-touch trackpad is much preciser and versatile.

Got an MX-1000 for gaming, though. Especially for DAoC the 9 buttons are awesome ^^

Lethul

FH is my second home
20070201_func_surface_1030_10.jpg

Bought this when i played QW back in the days. Was good back then, not so sure now since the surface has "changed" quite a bit with time :p It's also rather small, but i only play CS now and large movements aren't that necessary even with low sens (altho not low enough sense to make it feel small)

PS. not my pic and not my mouse!

Lethul

FH is my second home
corrected it for you. ;)

True true! :) But I'm more of a storm the front player so sometimes it is!

CS is a good casual game, I can only take 30 min at a time then I am annoyed at something. So no risk of playing to much.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
My desk is one big mouse mat thus I do not need one :p the material covering my desk is literally a big mouse mat.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
FYI; the mousemat is ze fallen madonna with ze big boobies by van Klompp :D

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Razer oversized soft mat for my Razer Sidewinder or Copperhead mice! Great for rolling up and stuffing in the suitcase when I'm travelling.

soze

I am a FH squatter
mat1.jpg

One of these covered in WatchGuard adds in work its a nice mat actually and great for free :) and i don't use one at home.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
look at the face, looks like they made it out of clay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom