The Official Motoring Thread

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Do we have one ?

Anyway, I'll start it off :D
I've had my 320D for about a year now, and I'm as happy as can be.
- (New) motor installed 13000 miles run
- Spanking new Clutch installed
- (New) Partial leather sportseats (67000 miles)

However ;) I've been offered a chance to own this:
-Chrysler 300C 6,1 SRT-8 Touring aut. 5d - Hemi block

I went to try it out and have a look at it yesterday, it's a big, BIG! car.
It sounds absolutly awesome, most of the undercarrage is based of the Merc E class.
And the seats are great as well. It did however, have a bit of the plasticy americana feel to it...it's amazing how a car of that price range can be fittet with such low end stuff.. But ;) well, the engine, oooh the engine...... More than makes up for that :D

So to my question! Has anyone here got any experience with the 300C or Chrysler/Dodge in general ? running costs, reliability etc ?

Tom

FH is my second home
IIRC the 300C is based on a W210 Mercedes chassis, which, though generally a fantastic motorway cruiser that requires little to no input to keep in a straight line, is not a car to have fun in the bends.

This is what I drive, converted to LPG. 4.0 V8.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So to my question! Has anyone here got any experience with the 300C or Chrysler/Dodge in general ? running costs, reliability etc ?

Engine will be reliable (Hemis have been around since God was a lad), and they're generally built well enough, but your running costs are going to be bonkers, it does about 12 mpg! Its an interesting car (I had the saloon version as a rental in Canada) and I love big estate cars in general, but its a fish out of water over here.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Engine will be reliable (Hemis have been around since God was a lad), and they're generally built well enough, but your running costs are going to be bonkers, it does about 12 mpg! Its an interesting car (I had the saloon version as a rental in Canada) and I love big estate cars in general, but its a fish out of water over here.

I dont mind the petrol cost, the car is actually smart in the that it only runs on 4 cyl. while in "town mode" and the mileage while cruising is actually in the acceptable range - floor it however and all hell breaks loose.
I'm more worried along the lines of: Tires, Rims, Spare parts, Maintence etc..compared to the running costs of the BMW

I'm also convinced I'd be stupid to make the trade, but I'm definatly tempted

This is what I drive, converted to LPG. 4.0 V8.
Nice one!
Everyone I know who has owned a Lexus has more or less fallen inlove with it, never driven one me self, but they say it handles great!
Personally I just dont like the lexus styling, but thats very much down to personal pref.

Last edited:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
The new GS350 is a serious improvement through :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol it's ass ugly and reminds me of Opel / Vauxhall :(

Scouse

HERO!
FH Subscriber
FFS. Stop with the rounding up of the whole forum into a tiny number of threads already :eek:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
FFS. Stop with the rounding up of the whole forum into a tiny number of threads already :eek:
such negativity, it's just that we like our things in neat little boxes ;)
also Trem made me do it, I swear!!

Billargh

FH is my second home
It's not even an official motoring thread, it's just about some ridiculously big American car :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom