The Office Xmas Party

moomin

Fledgling Freddie
Any stories you guys had this yewar, disaster with the meals? did YOu get completely shitfaced?!?!

Mine is tomorrow!!! wooooooo hoooooo :england:

Chilly

Balls of steel
why did you pm me on irc a couple weeks ago you tart?

And no stories from me, never been to a work christmas party since I'm a dirty dirty scumbag.

Yes throddy, you may insult me.

Gray

FH is my second home
Went down into Warrington on our teams nightout last Saturday, rather awesme..

Came close to being with a girl i like from work, but it just neer happened *cry*

Still... always soon..

Great fun though

moomin

Fledgling Freddie
warrington thats like next door to me :eek:

chilly PM was aobut aquiring some hostin, ya bitch

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Chilly said:
why did you pm me on irc a couple weeks ago you tart?

And no stories from me, never been to a work christmas party since I'm a dirty dirty scumbag.

Yes throddy, you may insult me.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leggy

Probably Scottish
My christmas party is in the birmingham NIA this year. On the fucking 23rd of december!!!!

Who the pissing hell has a work party the day before christmas eve????

Needless to say I am back in Scotland and won't be attending.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
My office xmas party is tomorrow in the palace hotel in the city centre which is v. swanky (i think), mucho beer drinking here i come!

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Mine's on the 22nd. It's miles away from home so I'll be staying sober and driving since it's a small department do and partners aren't invited.

But it's a new job so I guess it would be brownie points to show my face.

I doubt I'll have any funny stories to come home with.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I try to avoid work parties as being in IT they're filled with a)extremely loud manager-types bluetoothing pics of their latest shag's tits about with their work-provided blackberrys while trying to avoid conversation with the geeks and getting as much alcohol down as humanly possible -and- b)extremely geeky haxor types bluetoothing code about on their work-provided blackberrys that they hacked and installed an OS on that they coded themselves on the 187 lunchbreaks that they sat alone in the cantine in order to code their very own OS while trying to avoid getting outsourced and drinking their own tauerine/gaurana energy drink that they made at home by distilling the goo that they wring from the dreadlocks in their beards

edit: oh, and no women. none.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
leggy said:
My christmas party is in the birmingham NIA this year. On the fucking 23rd of december!!!!

Who the pissing hell has a work party the day before christmas eve????

Needless to say I am back in Scotland and won't be attending.

My works do is also on the 23rd. Shit time to have it. T'is at the 'Hesperia'(sp?) hotel in London.

I shant be going as I'm taking my little one to Cbeebies Live!

Gray

FH is my second home
moomin said:
warrington thats like next door to me :eek:

chilly PM was aobut aquiring some hostin, ya bitch

Next door to me too :eek:

Alas... Our team night out was Saturday as i say, which was Warrington, although tonight was the "proper" works nightout. Which was held in Manchester. I never went though as i completely forgot about it [I thought it was gonna be held on a Saturday. Doohhh.]

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Mine was good, similar to grays but a bit more sucessful, im not allowed to talk about it now though. All that matters now is 6 days works till time off. Fuck christmas, roll on time off.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Unfortunately Christmas parties in my line of work tend to be massive pissing contests, so I avoid them like the plague.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
My works xmas party may be in January, if I remember to book something.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Working in a nightclub means we host a number of Christmas parties every year. We had McDonalds last week (the place was top-heavy with chavs and the cloakroom smelled of fast food :eek:), Tesco's and a contrived office party next week. :(

NIA leggy? :eek:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I missed all the office parties this year. One was due to taking a sickie due to the biggest hangover i've ever had. Apaprantly they ones here are rubbish, held in one of the very very posh buildings the uni owns and noone knows how to act...

I hate office parties though. Best one ever was next door to a club i used to frequent. I got ratarsed on the company and then sweettalked the barmaid into filling my rucksack with unopened booze and then went next door and shared it all with mates....:touch:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
caLLous said:
Working in a nightclub means we host a number of Christmas parties every year. We had McDonalds last week (the place was top-heavy with chavs and the cloakroom smelled of fast food :eek:), Tesco's and a contrived office party next week. :(

NIA leggy? :eek:
ain't it national indoor arena or something, athletics track?

JingleBells

FH is my second home
MYstIC G said:
ain't it national indoor arena or something, athletics track?
Yup, although it's not just an athletics track ;) They have the Davis cup tennis there, and gladiators was filmed there.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
JingleBells said:
Yup, although it's not just an athletics track ;) They have the Davis cup tennis there, and gladiators was filmed there.

Oooooo scrummy..... Vogue!!!

large_1.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Fweddy said:
So which type are you Teedles?

I'm a sort of hybred: I used to be the one and I am trying not to become the other :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Had our work Christmas party last night at Caravaggios.....very nice restaurant usually*

Was quite good fun. All drinks were free even shots etc. They used to just have beer and wine so that was pretty good.

*Pity the food was a bit crap. Extremely salty Seafood Rissotto starter which looked like someone had puked onto the plate, An extremely under done Aberdeen Angus steak (no veg or potatos!!??) and an very bitter choc desert...

Ah well at least the drinks were all free...pity we have no really fit women though :(

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
Had our works Christmas party in some Mexican restuarant in Manchester City Centre... Pretty normal tbh, lots of food, alchohol and people but nothing too crazy to report.

Although a few of us did go to that new 'The Birdcage' club which was erm, well full of trannies :-o I clearly hadn't seen the film before I went.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
My works do is tonight - I'm not going

Gonna get home, cook a lovely meal for my wife and sit in watching a good film instead.

M

dysfunction

FH is my second home
`mongoose said:
My works do is tonight - I'm not going

Gonna get home, cook a lovely meal for my wife and sit in watching a good film instead.

M

Lies! You're gonna get a take away, fiddle with yourself and then play WoW!

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Tis our work xmas thingy tonight.

I really cannot be fucking bothered to go even though in our trade our xmas parties are usually a bit different. Last year I flesh stapled the studio junior's leg to the door. He wasn't happy.

Apparently some artist lassies are coming over from Amsterdam studios...hmm...can I be arsed....its cold outside...oh fuck I'm getting old.

Its only about 5 minutes walk away too, BAH FKIN HUMBUG.

Ah well, when I worked for the MoD in my past life I expected a fkin retina scan just to get to the bar.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
My current places work do was today. Lunchtime meal and pool all afternoon in the pub, was nice but expensive as I had to pay for it all for 7 of us :)

Going to my ex works do tomorrow night. I'm still invited as I only left in October, and they all love me, especially the one that I'm now practically living with... :wub:

That one's at a hotel in Norwich, so I booked a room to stay in afterwards and avoid the interminable wait for taxis, and the arguments about who's sharing one with who.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
My work do is tonight.

We were let out of work an hour early for extra time to get home and get changed for it but as i live too far away I'm stuck in the office until 7pm - instead wasting time here instead :p

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Gumbo said:
My current places work do was today. Lunchtime meal and pool all afternoon in the pub, was nice but expensive as I had to pay for it all for 7 of us :)

Hope they appreciated that. Fancy going skiing with me in Spring? :)

We had the unofficial do today at a buffet chinese place. Food was meh but I had 3 plates and a mahoosive blob of ice cream so it worked out alright. Don't think anyone embarrassed themselves. Not sure whether I'll be going to the official do yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom