The Offical, Un-Offical, Archeon Guide To Playing DAoC

A

Archeon

Archeon Incorperated is proud to present its latest in-sight into the world of dark age of camelot. This beautifully hand-written masterpiece can be yours for the price of one computer, an internet connection and the sense to read these forums.

Just a brief Fore-note, i didn't test this one on my guild 1st (thats right, they'd finished laughing at the mis-adventures a good few weeks before you knew about them. And they'l know about my other little pieces before you as well you non-Tiwaz bums :p) Soo i'm not sure what kind of responce to expect. Feel free to let me know how it feels, personally i'm not conviced it fuly measures up to the mis-adventures. but then i didn't think the mis-adventures were that funny either :)

The Official Archeon Strategy Guide To Dark Age Of Camelot

Welcome one and all to Archeon's guide to DaoC; this comprehensive guide is aimed to tell you what’s what in the DaoC universe.

To start with a general disclaimer there to save my neck if anything bad happens. Don’t worry it’s a legal thing

General Disclaimer: As with all Archeon Inc. brand products this is pure fun, anyone trying to blame their bad behaviour on this guide will be hunted down and shot repeatedly

That out of the way, lets ‘rap’ in many ways the DaoC world is very similar to the earth. Both have Grass; what I would assume is an atmosphere, and people. On the other hand we don’t have mythical dragons, Flaming hand-to-hand weaponry and an over-whelming urge to kill each other… I’ll err on the last point but the rest is fundamentally true.

DaoC is a game that takes you to a fantasy realm where you can kill somebody and not be called a PKing bastard. On the other hand people still find ways to abuse each other. People die and you can bet there will be a

“FFS, I hate radar users!!” or something along those lines, people just don’t like to face the fact that they suck compared to some people at games. Of course the people that are good don’t like to admit that the last time they saw the sun was 2 years ago when they forgot to reset their watch for daylight savings. Go with what works for you.

So, live long and eat pie!

Part 1: Character Selection

“Regardless of what anyone tells you about player skills some classes are more equal than others”
Archeon Soulfire

When picking your class you might be thinking “What’s best for my realm?” this is wrong!! The first thing you should think is “”which class is uber and will make me a god?” when picking your character I would suggest looking at patch notes, no one class is god forever they all receive a nerfing sooner or later.

This is a great advantage to us because we receive patches a month or two later than the Americans, use this time to level and spec your god character so when it becomes uber your there to kick ass with it.

<Note: Base Tank Is The Phrase Used To Replace Each Realms Starting Warrior Class, E.g. – Base Tank For Midgard Is Viking>

Base Tanks: Waste of time, go to the character select screen and hit the delete button as quickly as you can, failure to do so will result in a life of being cannon fodder while the casters do all the work. Bad choice, BBBAAAADDD choice!!

Base Caster: A respectable choice, as a caster the key to successful grouping (where by your alive) is to do nothing, pretend you have a PBT on and the tanks all have a graphic bug that doesn’t allow them to see it. You nuke harder than a tank can hit so for gods sake don’t put a nuke on your cast bar or you’ll get aggro faster than a zerka in an arms man Zerg

Base Stealthier: Yeah, Uber dude class. Levelling will be easy if you follow the instructions later given in this book and when you get into a bad situation slam down on that vanish button and run for it. Your group will forgive you as long as you live

Base Healers: Do you like taking abuse? Do you like being pestered for a res every other min? Do you enjoy being interrupted mid-fight with some little bastard begging for buffs? If so the base healer is for you! Hours of abuse taking is worth is though as this is one of the most heavily nerfed character types in the game. Smite? Pacification… Moving on

Part 2: Stat Points & Speccing

“FOR THE LAST TIME, YES!! PURITY OF MIND IS THE BEST I HAVE!!”
Archeon In Emain

When you choose your base class the stats that Mythic think you should spec in go yellow, this is actually a hidden nerf. There is only one stat that you need to increase, all others will simply make you a weakling, and that stat is…

Intelligence!! It is by far the most important stat to go into, remember if you have a high intelligence you can wave it in peoples faces. The easiest way I found to settle an argument is like this

Archeon: What’s Your Intelligence Stat?
Gama: 60
Archeon: HA 61, Shut Up!
Gama: AGHH!! I Bow Down To Your Superior Int Stat
<Gama Bows Profusely>
Archeon: Ain’t It The Truth, You Skaldie-Pops Get Me Lemonade!!
Jerelyn: Yes Sir
<Runs Away At Mach 5 To Get Lemonade>

When speccing put points in what you want to be good at WRONG AGAIN! Put your spec points into what everyone else does! See a level 50 healer and ask him his spec, then copy it. you don’t have to tinker away with a character builder working out an effective spec, its as simple as 1-2-3.

Most people will say healers need an AE mez, that’s bollocks with all the AE damage spells that fly around its much easier to give Pac your dregs after all the 6sec AE stun is Pac level 1, that’s all the CC you’ll ever need.

You’re a tank; you get more spec points than you know what to do with per level. What do you put them in? Well not a weapon skill, that lowers your chance to survive. Shield and parry all the way. Any dregs you can slap into throw its better to have a ranged attack than a point blank one.

Right, another one done what’s next?

Part 3: Levels 1-5

“I Hate Beggars, The Piss Me Off To The Nth Degree. Ahh Shan, Can You Make Me An MP Arcranium Hammer? Plzzzzzz! No I Don’t Have Any Money, Is That A Problem?”
Archeon Trying To Find An MP To Blow-up With Overcharge

Levelling from one to five is possibly the hardest slug in the game, the first thing you need to do it get some money. How’s the easiest way to do this? Simple, be annoying. When you first start create the following buttons in your cast bar

‘/Macro Stick /Stick’
‘/Macro Beg /S Giv Money!! Giv Money!! Giv Money!!!’

Click on a suitably rich looking purple con player, use the ‘stick’ macro then Spam the ‘beg’ macro until you get some money. Once you have the money Spam it a few more times then move onto somebody else.

The second step in the 1-5 slug is similar to the first step. Change your cast bar to cast bar #2; you’ll need the begging macro’s again later. Create these new macros

‘/Macro Stick /Stick’
‘/Macro Invite /Invite’
‘/Macro Plvl /S Plvl Me!! Plvl Me!! Plvl Me!!’

Again, use the stick macro on a suitably looking purple con player. Once the guy has grouped with you, you should be level 5 within a few minutes. Add the person to your friend list, he is weak and will be useful at later levels for more Plvling.

Don’t forget to get some cash off him, and don’t say thank-you or good-bye just leave when you want. Go afk when you want. He exists solely to make you uber, fuck him.

Part 4: Choosing Your Class (Again)

“You Know There’s A Problem With The Class You Play When You Suddenly Realise You Have A Spell List”
Tao, The Master Runie

If you’ve followed the guide so far then there is a good chance you know nothing about the sub-class you are playing. Fear not, just run up to each trainer and click on him/her until your promoted to a proper class.

Nuff said

Part 5: 5 – 40

“The Person Is Smart, People Are Dumb, Stupid, Panicky And You Know It”
Agent K, MiB

Return to the Plvl macro, rinse and repeat until level 40, easy!

Note, by this point you might have a bad reputation. Register on the main forum and post the following –

===============================================================

Subject: I’m Sorry!

Hi, as I’m sure you’ve heard I’ve been acting like a bit of a loser. I’m really sorry about this my account was hacked by the incredible hulk. Don’t worry though, I kicked his pansy ass and got my account back.

Repeat, I was not playing my account from level’s 1-40, please disregard everything I have done up to this point as it is no fair on me.

Thanks

There, now everyone feels sorry for you. Its like pressing an ‘Insta-forgive’ button. Once you’ve done this register another forum account under a well liked/popular alias, as a few examples

“Archeon”
“Archeon”
“Archeon”
“Archeon”
“Archeon” and
“Archeon”

Note: this name might actually be taken by somebody (bastards, registering under their own name!) so you can add a _ or a . Or any other small hard to notice detail that will make you look like you’re that person

Then post a reply saying

Hi,

Don’t worry. All is forgiven

The majority of DaoC forum posters will simply put one worded responses to such letters, thus if you can influence them your more likely to be forgiven. Or at least to the point where people aren’t actively abusing you. Don’t worry about abuse your 1337, they aren’t what do they know?

-- Posting the rest of it in a second, just had the problem of the character limit BAH!! --

A

Archeon

Part 6: 40 – 50

“Have You Ever Wondered Why The Drak’s Aren’t Extinct? What Do They Breed Like Asexual Bunnies Or Something? That’s Fairly Impressive For Giant Man-Wolfs”
Archeon Soulfire On Malmo

Go to malmo, by now you’ll probably have developed a good healthy ‘Giv XP’ attitude and be able to formulate sentences with this in. this puts you a few points higher than your average malmo player who will most likely sit quietly and Spam his damage button while reading a book.

If you can’t get into a group simply stick to a tank and hit each mob that’s being attacked once, then restick to the tank pretending to be his buffbot. Some people might call this leeching; we prefer to think of it as getting something for nothing.

When you get into a group there is some bad news to tell you unfortunately there is no quick way of being Plvled in Malmo, there is hope though. Go AFK for a few hours and play football, read a book and generally contribute as little as possible without getting kicked out of the group.

With regard to loot, ask to see everything, say that yours is grey (though chances are it will be purple soon) and that you need it desperately. If you don’t get it continue to whine and bitch until threatened with expulsion from the group or you get the item. If you don’t get it use this handily little macro

‘/Macro Lamer /Whisper Fucking Lamer, Give Me That Item. Fucking Lame N00bie Giv The Item. I’m 1337 Damn It!!’

While target ting the tank.

Before you know it you’ll be level 50, now the fun starts.

Part 7: Epic Questing

“Why Did Mythic Bother To Make Epic Armour When Spell Crafting Renders The Majority Of The Parts Useless?”
Me Again ^_^

No doubt with all the power levelling and leeching you’ve done you’ll have had no time to do your epic quests, this means you’ll be lacking your epic armour which is quite powerful and is vital if people are going to assume your ‘1337’

So why do the epic quest when there is an easier way, first find somebody with epic armour you can use. Next ask to see the stats on it, person will remove his armour and put it in a trade bar to show you. Casually ask if you can wear the epic armour to see how it looks. Not all players will agree but keep at it and one will try making a

‘/Macro Beg2 /S Let Me Try Epic Armour!! Let Me Try Epic Armour!!!’

Once you have the epic armour press the ‘Alt’ key and the ‘Escape’ key at the same time and hold, this will minimise the DaoC window. Because the game cannot be windowed at present it causes a game crash. Restart the game and Plvl your buffbot on your second account (more on this later)

After a few hours have passed re-log on your level 50 and type

‘/Ignore <Name of person who’s epic armour you took>’

No doubt the person will have made a flame post on the main forums again. Log on your popular character account and do this

Hi,

I like a lot of things, I like cheese, I like soap, and I like pizza. I like <insert your name> I was speaking to his a few minutes ago on the phone because I know him in ‘RL’ and he said that you gave him the epic armour. I’m inclined to believe <Insert your name> because he is my mate and I know <Insert other persons name> likes to throw kittens into trees.

Your ass covered you might want to remember the /ignore command, anyone that try’s to flame you ‘/ignore <persons name>
Last step, go to an enamel dye merchant and start begging for people to buy you some black dye, mention you’ll pay it back later then put them on your /ignore list.

There, your level 50 and your in some really 1337 looking black armour, KICK ASS!! J00 R0><><0R!!

Part 8: Level 50 Language

“Who’s Idea Was It To Replace A Perfectly Good Vowel Like ‘E’ With ‘3’? The Man Is A True Pioneer Of Stupidity”
Yup, This Is Me Too

The language of the level 50 players is quite different from that of a BG toon, or a noob as you are now entitled to call them. Use these words excessively

‘Uber’
‘Lo’
‘Giv’
‘FFS’
‘BRB’
‘AFK’
‘ROFLAS’
‘Joo”
‘Roxer’
‘Elite’
‘Owned’

Also start to substitute letters for numbers. E.g.

A = 4
E = 3
T = 7
I and L = 1

And so on, you know you’ve mastered this when one day you suddenly say

“FFS, 1 r0><><0r s0 h4rd, 1 w4s f1gh71ng 41ph4 4nd h3 k1cked my 4ss, 1’m s0 1337!!!’

Part 8: RvR

“Crowd Control Is Only As Good As The Rune Master Or Thane That Can Control His Impulse To AE”
Archeon Trying To Explain Why He Keeps /Effects All On

Welcome to svasu, the location of the Midgard tele-pad. There is a merchant by the pad. She sells 4 types of medal

Albion Medal Of Passage
Herbinia Medal Of Passage
Midgard Medal Of Passage
Battlegrounds Medal of Passage

Dis-regard all but the herbinia one, there where all the non-1337 people go fuck them, they aren’t worth basking in your glory.

In emain create this macro

‘/Macro Group /Y UBER R0><><0R <INSERT CLASS> LFG!!!’

Once in a group just /stick to the leader and occasionally say

‘Look <INSERT A SEMI-RESPECTABLE RVR GUILD> Lets Follow Them!’

If your group doesn’t want to follow them dis-band and find a group that does. Remember you rock so you should only be with people that rock too. If need-be just stick to <Insert RvR guilds name>’s group leader and pretend your AFK, then leech their RP.

Once you have enough RP to make RR5 then you need to move deeper, go to the gorge and kick the shit out of newbies. If somebody that con’s anything but grey comes along run for it. Your 1337 and have nothing to prove to them.

If you get attacked by a soloer and die immediately log onto your BW account and post the following

Subject: N3RF!!

w4S 1n T3 G0rG3 k1111NG PURP13 c0N H1BBY5 WH3N d1s GR3Y C0N C0M3 410nG w1T 3 0F3R GR3Y5!! Wh1LE 1 W4S 4FK H3 4tT4CK3D ME, h3 H1T F0R 5hp, 1 M34N FFS WH4t TH3 h3115 W0NG W1T H1m D03SN’T H3 Kn0W 1’M 1337? N3w4Y, N3RF H1BBY5!!! Gr0P PuRg3 I5 Ov3R P0w3r3D

411 H1BBY5 4R3 G4Y!!!

D4Y 411 U53 BUFF B0T’S!!!!

Log your popular BW account and post

Part 9: Cash Hunting

“Why Am I Always Poor? Is The God Of Drops Against Me?”
Luoserif Noehcra

No doubt with SC you’ll realise to stay uber you need some SC armour, well maybe not if you had to buy this guide so here we go.

Cash hunting is a waste of time, go to your begging macro bar and camp a nice spot like Gna or bledmeer.

Find an armour crafter and commission him to make some MP armour for you, when its done give him half the money you owe him claiming its all you have. Promise to pay him back later then /ignore when you have the armour

Repeat for weapon crafters.

Repeat for Scers

Repeat For Alchers
(Ok, I just got lazy at this point, sue me… No wait don’t, I can’t afford it ^_^)

Part 10: Raids

“There’s Nothing Like A Good Knob Joke To Alleviate A Tense Situation”
Archeon, Boosting The Moral Of A Failed Raid Group

Best advise you can have, go on the raid stick to your leader and go AFK for 3-4 hours. Set up an out of game macro to Spam

“Wh4t’5 h4pp3n1ng 1n t3 CG?”

Every 3mins. This will make people think you are there. Remember there are so many people at a legion hunt you can never tell whose afk and who isn’t.

At the lotto bid for every item even if you can’t use it and if you get nothing then whine about it

‘/macro Leet! /y FFS Y0U 4LL G1MP5, 1 F00K1N R0><><0R. G1F 1T3M N00B!!’

For dragon raids wear as much proccing armour and weaponry as possible, if the dragon AE’s blame it on a caster.

Part 12: Guilds

“Nah, A Guild Is Kind Of Like Family. You Might Hate Their Guts But You’d But Your Balls On A Chopping Block For Them Without A Second Thought”
Familiar Sentiment, Archeon

A Guild is like a Wet gobstopper rolling down a carpet hill. There is a solid core of people that are active within the guild, friendly and online for slightly longer than is strictly healthy. Then there are the hairs that stick around the ball and can fall off at a moments notice.

They are the people that switch guilds frequently and dream of being accepted into one of the famous guilds and running round emain in 2fg’s farming RP like there’s no tomorrow. (Which very often there isn’t)

Of course, your one of the latter. Don’t think of yourself as a hair though your simply latching on till you can get into NP, LA, FC or one of the other big names within your realm. Of course to get in you need to be nice to the members of your guild, but try not to talk too much if they don’t know you too well you then they won’t know when you leave for the uber guild.

The first step is to get into the same alliance as your final guild. The really uber guilds will likely be the leaders of the alliance, but it is dependent on certain factors. Once in the alliance go on many alliance raids as possible, try to get into the groups with the guildie you want then get to know them. Flatter then take the piss out of your guild and give the general impression you’d prefer it in their guild. The next step takes a while you need to casually hit at joining their guild, slowly working your way up to a full out request to join. Take rejection well, if they don’t let you in. What do they know? There a bunch of lamer's anyway.

A

Archeon

Part 11: Buffbot

“I’m Torn, On One Hand Buffbots Mean I Can Activate My Self-Damage Buff. On The Down-Side I Dislike Buffbots For The Unfair Edge They Give Soloers”
Archeon’s Moral Dilemma On Buffbots

Create a new character, use a copy of DaoX and another hacking program to open your account twice then group with your bot and Plvl him. Or better yet repeat in the same way you lvled your main as before. Make sure you have all points in Aug/Cave. mend spec is for losers who actually want to play a shaman properly.

When you have your level 50, 50:26:4 ACM Buffbot take him to emain and park him next to all the other 1337 buffbots, Buffing is like showering after a rugby match everyone is charged and looking at each others business wishing there’s was that long. A truly R0><><0r player will have a level 50 buffbot, then you can look down on all the non-50 buff bots and call them un-1337 losers.

Pwned!

General Hints:

“Yes, I Know That Wasn’t Very Subtle But Being Subtle Isn’t Really My Forte”
Archeon Running Away From A Firby With Purge

‘/Macro /Laugh /Laugh’ = Use this on people you kill repeatedly

‘/Macro FFS /GU FFS, TH0S3 BUFFB0T CH34TING H1B’5’ = Use this when your killed

In RvR assume every minstrel you see is ‘Alpha’ it doesn’t have to be him but it will look really great if you can put a To: Alpha post on the forums. People that get owned by alpha Rock!! It would be even more impressive if you could put

“Wow, I got him down to 99% of his health, I OWN!!”

When you hear somebody say ‘Albi Camping Svasu’ immediately ask ‘Is It Pin?’ if not tell the noob to fuck off, you’re a 1337 bastard. There’s no reason for you to do anything but get killed by famous people.

Use your group as a human shield, if you’re a tank hold back and avoid fighting if possible. Fall back on the old

“I was defending the casters” line

Remember you are 1337; at all costs you must survive. Your death would be a horrible moral blow to the realm.

A

Apathy

What's this? Another sig in the making?

a.

G

-gama-

Make sure you have all points in Aug/Cave. mend spec is for losers who actually want to play a shaman properly.
~~~~~~~~

I hate you too :)

S

Sneo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA :D

reeeaaally nice one archeon, this and the tales of your msg system.... uuuhm... ro><><0rz :D :D :D

N

Nightchill

brilliant

and i'm in awe of the amount of free time you have :p

/macro /time /y gifz free time plz

C

Ckiller ofDust

HEHE Y00 R0><><0rR :)

dang havent laughed that much in a long time :)

G

-gama-

Give them Midgard High!!!

Oh, and give me Midgard High part 2 ;)

A

Archeon

Originally posted by -gama-
Give them Midgard High!!!

Oh, and give me Midgard High part 2 ;)

I'l see if i can find another 20mins to put another together for you. As for mid high coming to BW that'l have to wait till i get home. Sorry peeps that are curious :)

Z

Ziva

Rofl that was very good... thanx m8.... too bad it's really true though :)

S

swords

I just hope no NooBs read this and get the wrong idea.....

/y GIV MONEYS NOW!

:doh:

A

Aule Valar

where does archeon hang out normally, i need him to fund my new chars after i delete all my albs :D

M

munkey_blue

I don't think they'd appreciate the in jokes of Midgard High :)

Give us part 2 though :).

And next time I kill you, /laugh all the way!

Nice one :) (And no, I was forced to type that.)

A

Archeon

Hehe, finished part 2 i'l post it soon.

As for having it in BW... well i guess some people might appreciate the subtle references in there. some won't i'l put it up and see i guess. doubt most non-guildies will get everything though :)

H

Harhr

LOL
what else can i say? MUAHAHAHAHA!!
Havent got that good laff in 14,6 hours!
lol i just cant realise where u take those joes from!!

GREAT JOB!

A

Archeon

Originally posted by uaredead
i just cant realise where u take those joes from!!

Assuming that was jokes, i'd like to acredit most of it to original thinking. Not every joke posted on these forums is a copy and paste job you know :)

FYI - MH1 is on the general forum, you might not get all the jokes in that but there are still some nice bits in it

T

tut-ankh-amon

Hehe Arch i dont know what mid would have done without you m8 :)

bloody funny this im still laughing RL :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom