The (Not very) Great Debates

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Thankfully I'll miss it as I'm going to see the dropkick murphys tonight :p

I for one fully expect these to be complete snorefests of the highest order.

Typically it's hard to "win" one of these things, it's many many times easier to "lose" them.

I'm fully expecting all of the party leaders to be in all out evasion mode to avoid fucking up and to bore everyone to death.

I've posted a bunch of examples below.

Here you can see Gerald Ford fucking up and giving the win to carter.

YouTube - Ford-Carter debate excerpt

Dan Quayle destroying Llord Bentsen in the vice presidential debate:

YouTube - Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine

Black woman stands up to Ask george bush the first a question. George bush checks his watch.. whoops!

YouTube - Clinton vs. Bush in 1992 Debate

Ronald Reagan smacks down Carter over universal health care ( lol ).

YouTube - President Carter - Governor Reagan 1980 Debate

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got better things to do than watch 3 bickering children throw toys at each other.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Dan Quayle destroying Llord Bentsen in the vice presidential debate?
huh isn't it the other way round ;)

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Well I missed it but the news reports so far saying that Nick Clegg came off best and Brown has been lying again.

Anybody watch it?

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
was no wear near as bad i expected it to be altho lots of talk with very little promise not that i was expecting much tbh

its true that nick clegg seemed to come off best and camron and brown just bickered lots

Embattle

FH is my second home
Did other things and watched Have I Got News For You.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
have i got news for you infinitly more informative regards the election imo

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Annoying to watch Gordon Brown trying to split the Tory vote by siding with Clegg, and Clegg trying to separate himself from Cameron and Brown as "the saviour of politics".

Oh and Brown you fucking idiot, taxing people by £6bn is not putting money into the economy, its fucking taking it out of the economy. Stupid stuttering one-eyed incompetent nokia-throwing boring dour twat.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I was out :p who won? worth watching any of?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Clegg won.

Brown saying "We're going to drop 40,000 students by not giving them visas" then saying "We're going to bring in more students" made me laugh.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Annoying to watch Gordon Brown trying to split the Tory vote by siding with Clegg, and Clegg trying to separate himself from Cameron and Brown as "the saviour of politics".

Oh and Brown you fucking idiot, taxing people by £6bn is not putting money into the economy, its fucking taking it out of the economy. Stupid stuttering one-eyed incompetent nokia-throwing boring dour twat.

I notice you didn't say much about Cameron, although I guess that is to be expected.

The comments I've seen seemed to imply that Clegg came off best although lots said he did little more than attack both, Cameron got hung up on the NI issue and Gordon seemed to try kissing Cleggs arse a little too much.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Clegg won.

Brown saying "We're going to drop 40,000 students by not giving them visas" then saying "We're going to bring in more students" made me laugh.

Clegg didn't win anything, noticed lots of people on facebook etc saying this. Clegg simply did not get involved until he saw an opportunity to attack.

The biggest thing this debate has done is create more apathy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ended up half watching it, wife was doing course work and I was reading.

Clegg won it if it was a popularity contest but as with Lib Dems they can say what they like and know they will never have to actually change anything, they live in a bit of a dream world. Scrap trident? Are you retarded?

Brown was his usual sinister self, bullshitting his way through the questions, still desperately trying to defend his job tax, despite it being pointed out that he is wrong and raising NI will take money out of peoples pockets and therefore out of the real economy, all it will do is keep more pen pushers in work, the people we need to see cut back. Defending his red tape machine that is the public sector. I thought he came across as a petulant little turd myself.

Cameron seemed to have an endless list of anecdotes "I met someone the other day blah blah" He does seem to be trying to win the election by attempting to be popular, though I think that's pretty much what most politics is these days. Most of what he said I agreed with with regards to the endless paperwork in the police, the huge administration departments in the NHS/police/armed forces which are just a waste of public money.

I will still vote conservative, we desperately need to get rid of labour, not just because they are fuckwits but because we need a change of government every now and then.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I notice you didn't say much about Cameron, although I guess that is to be expected.

The comments I've seen seemed to imply that Clegg came off best although lots said he did little more than attack both, Cameron got hung up on the NI issue and Gordon seemed to try kissing Cleggs arse a little too much.

I agreed with most of the things Cameron said, although it annoyed me how he didn't point out Winky's £6bn lie about taking money out of the economy. I think he'd probably been advised to play it safe, but judging from the polls that will certainly change by next Thursday.

Winky came out looking like a right twat, which is always a good thing.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
But guys, David Cameron has met a black person!

The choice is quite depressing. Clegg's plan for immigration was the best. Here in the city they just put up a massive block for foreign students to live in, selling our higher education is big business for the UK and something we should be encouraging.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Brown was typical brown not very interesting, Cameron was typical Cameron trying to be everyones friend, and Clegg did what I expected which was push his party into the undecided voters minds as a genuine option.

However, For all the bullshit that's went on Brown has played a massive part with the recovery of the financial situation, not just for ourselves but the world, and I am reckon that he is the man best suited to keep us moving forward.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
However, For all the bullshit that's went on Brown has played a massive part with the recovery of the financial situation, not just for ourselves but the world, and I am reckon that he is the man best suited to keep us moving forward.

Jesus wept. And so did I.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I could always put my faith in a guy who told me to give chav scummers a hug in the street, or better still locked his bike up on a bollard. I wouldn't trust the tories to put my wheelie bin out on a Tuesday.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I could always put my faith in a guy who told me to give chav scummers a hug in the street, or better still locked his bike up on a bollard. I wouldn't trust the tories to put my wheelie bin out on a Tuesday.

And I wouldn't trust labour to collect my wheelie bin on a regular basis......oh no wait that's right, I literally can't.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
How about a guy who was stupid enough to sell off all our assets at rock bottom prices when the market was good? Only to later find the whole thing has collapsed and we could really do with the stuff that had already been sold? Or the guy that has created one of the biggest money pits in the history of Britain? (the bloated inefficient public sector) Or wasted billions on an NHS computer system that doesn't even work? Or is determined to waste even more billions on a useless ID card system?

Labour have had their day, after 13 years we are back where we started, they have done nothing for the good of this country, its time for them to move over and let another set of twats have a go.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Cal, you've stated that you would vote LAbour because they got us out of a recession. Well firstly they have not, we are still in one. We are simply in the eye of the storm, and secondly they are the one's that put us into it in the first place.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Brown was typical brown not very interesting, Cameron was typical Cameron trying to be everyones friend, and Clegg did what I expected which was push his party into the undecided voters minds as a genuine option.

Brown has bought a temporary recovery with even more borrowed money just in time for the election. It's all going to come crashing down soon enough whoever gets in. The national debt is increasing by £12billion a month. If we don't tackle it soon our credit rating will get slashed and the amount we have to pay in interest on this fortune will rocket meaning we'll never pay it off. Pretending that burning more money to get a 1 or 2 % rise in GDP will make much of a difference to a 25% spending defecit on the whole government budget is the stuff of fairy tales.

This isn't just because of the credit crunch so even if you (wrongly) think Brown had no part in it you have to accept that he'd left the economy in a state where it couldn't take any kind of mishap because the UK was already massively over-spending. That's simply irresponsible. Anyone who's run even a household budget knows you shouldn't make your spending plans based on the assumption that things will always get better. That's what the banks did. That's what Brown did. This idiocy will cost this country dearly for a generation.

Personally I'll vote conservative as my seat is very marginal with Labour first and the Tories second. Lib Dems are nowhere near. I'd happily vote for the Lib Dems if they were 2nd just to deny Labour a seat and increase the chance of getting rid of Gordon, even though I'm not convinced by the plans of either LibDems or Tories. I think they're both promising what they can't deliver and Nick Clegg was always going to get an easy ride last night.

Gordon has proved himself incapable of running the country. So far Cameron and Clegg have not.

Damini

Part of the furniture

Calaen, I'm really shocked that you think this - first that we are in a recovery at all, and secondly that Gordon is the best man to bring us out of it.

We advertised a job at work - 30 hours, min wage, early starts, weekends too. We had over 400 people apply.

Something is really wrong with the economy. It will all be clearer after the election.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I think Clegg came across very well, better than I expected. Brown did ok at times and not so great at others, Cameron made a few good points but came across as a slimeball most of the time. If I was voting purely on last night it would be a vote for Liberal, sadly the real world doesn't work that way.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
How about a guy who was stupid enough to sell off all our assets at rock bottom prices when the market was good?

You mean cameron? Although he was only a treasury advisor at the time. A lot more money was lost on that one than on the Brown Bottom incident.
:flame:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Brown has bought a temporary recovery with even more borrowed money just in time for the election. It's all going to come crashing down soon enough whoever gets in. The national debt is increasing by £12billion a month. If we don't tackle it soon our credit rating will get slashed and the amount we have to pay in interest on this fortune will rocket meaning we'll never pay it off. Pretending that burning more money to get a 1 or 2 % rise in GDP will make much of a difference to a 25% spending defecit on the whole government budget is the stuff of fairy tales.

You do know that in terms of percentage of GDP our deficit is well below 70's and 80's peak levels and in global terms we are well below some of our major competitors such as germany and france.

Although people realy let rational facts get in the way of political one upmanship.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Wot Wij said. I'll be voting Lib Dem because they came second in my constituency last time. It's a safe Labour seat but at least I will have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom