The new Warhammer shots

Chronictank

FH is my second home
MaditioN said:
its a year until release, gotta laugh at the crybabies :]
WAR even supports new physix cards, can imagine it will be a fucking graphic fest when its done after seeing what the physix cards can do(and they are at a early stage).
equally gota love the fanboi's defending it blindly
if this was wow you would be the same people flaming it.. o wait you were
Just looks like a half arsed effort from mythic tbh, and i think tohorti can confirm that the gfx artists have nothing to do with the game mechanics so is completely irrelevant to the pretty pictures

N.B. Madition not picking you out particularly, just was the closest post to click quote :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
seriously, its like a year to release? i would guess they "finnish up" the game with close to daoc gfx then will start working in new DX10 graphics when some new DX10 drivers will be announced. If you want a late 2007 game, you dont want to have early 2007 game cause it will be a huge difference once DX10 will be the standard.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lethul said:
seriously, its like a year to release? i would guess they "finnish up" the game with close to daoc gfx then will start working in new DX10 graphics when some new DX10 drivers will be announced. If you want a late 2007 game, you dont want to have early 2007 game cause it will be a huge difference once DX10 will be the standard.

Erm do you actually have any technical idea what DX10 offers? Very little in the form of new visual upgrades beyond shader model 4.0 which isn't significatly better than SM 3.0 but offers about 30% more peformance due to the way DX10 allows the game code to be closer to the hardware and the improved support of unified shaders.

DX10 will change nothing in the game if the source art and models are not changed from the DX9 client which they won't be because Mythic is using DX9 as the base for WAR. If you expect them to totally redo all the game assets for DX10 you are living in a fantasy, they will use the DX9 assets and perhaps make use of the additional pixel shader features and performance but they aren't going to totally revamp the game assets in the first couple of years of going live.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
Better for sure, still the volcanic region and alot of the enviromental texturing is out of the arc and even your photoshop skills would tested to make them look good.;)

Well, amazing what 10 minutes can do :)

volcan2ey6.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
old.Tohtori said:
Well, amazing what 10 minutes can do :)

volcan2ey6.jpg

You are a fucking showoff! Begone I tells thee! Begone!! :p Still looks like DAoC Volcanus region though, even more so now it is darker. ;)

Gamah

Banned
cHodAX said:
You are a fucking showoff! Begone I tells thee! Begone!! :p Still looks like DAoC Volcanus region though, even more so now it is darker. ;)

He's a witchdoctor"!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:

Hehe, well, atleast it's better then those PR goons at Mythic spew out ;)

Gamah

Banned
old.Tohtori said:
Hehe, well, atleast it's better then those PR goons at Mythic spew out ;)

Can you photoshop my big to make it look bigger so I can send it when I cyb0r!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
Wait till you see it :<

Hey i can make mickey mouse look like ron jeremy :p

I bet i can make your weenilly look like it came from the african bushes(no pun :D)

Gamah

Banned
old.Tohtori said:
Hey i can make mickey mouse look like ron jeremy :p

I bet i can make your weenilly look like it came from the african bushes(no pun :D)

Arew you implying that all blacks have HUGE wangs.

Tribesman 1: Hey I havn't seen that log before
Tribesman 2: Lol that's just Wakamunda with his pants off.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Eithor said:
Want a nice flavour of a 2007 mmorpg?

Go here(and check 1th posted url):
http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=16923

or directlink(possible to find better/larger rez. downloads in the above url though):
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/743/743392/vids_1.html

This is the mainsite: www.ageofconan.com

I'll try both this game and warhammer online, but i really enjoy the "realism" in daoc compared to say wow. The conan game will have even more so :)

Seconded on all accounts, except.. I might not even try WAR if I get stuck in AoC :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
cHodAX said:
Is it just me or is the game looking like crap graphically? For visuals it doesn't seem to have moved on at all from DAoC and some of the enviromental textures look shocking, low res and stretched to the max. I am becoming less and less impressed with the game by the day, it looks no better than Trials of Atlantis which is 3+ years old. I know it is still early days but the game needs to turn up the dial up several notches when it comes to graphics because right now it looks like a refugee from 2003. Anyway, judge for yourselves.

http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=25995018

No use comparing it with DaoC really. Its like comparing a beta game with a fully developed one that has undergone sh*tload of patches and expansions. It will probably turn out good after a while (or probably not)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Eithor said:
*snip*
I'll try both this game and warhammer online, but i really enjoy the "realism" in daoc compared to say wow. The conan game will have even more so :)

Well, the problem with AoC is that it's too realistic so it looks dumb allready.

Not realistic enough, but trying to be and failing at photorealism.

It's a fine line, one that players probably don't even see.

With those kind of graphics(which weren't that good really), you need to have THAT kind of graphics while rolling, all the time, everywhere, each and every second. Which i doubt they have comparing a few images.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
In my book grafics are not THAT important.. I have allways liked DAoC grafics, I still like them. Aslong as the gameplay is good, no lag, no overpowerd shit and a good community the game will rock

Tilda

The way mythic builds their games, is to make a rough gfx, as we see here, using the gamebyro engine. Then they have a "game world" and can get cracking making quests, classes, bg's, the environment etc.
Then, a month or two before the launch the gfx engine will get an upgrade, the textures will be high rez and it will look stunning.
Having played it, it looks amazing and these screenies do not do it justice.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
This says it all really...

warhammer-online-screenshots-20070118015934827.jpg

Does that look like a late 2007 game to you?

Those brick textures look like they have been lifted straight from the DAOC engine.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm just curious by the way....ALOT of DAoC fanbois here saying this is probably crap but...didn't mythic make DAoC? :eek7:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:
I'm just curious by the way....ALOT of DAoC fanbois here saying this is probably crap but...didn't mythic make DAoC? :eek7:

Mythic, not EA Mythic! :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Coldbeard said:
Mythic, not EA Mythic! :D

Potato potata. Same people are doing the actual WORK :D

Not the button pushers, PR people and tiestranglers. The graphics, codes and whatnot slaves.

Looks like DAoC by the way :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Eithor said:

Go here(and check 1th posted url):
http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=16923

or directlink(possible to find better/larger rez. downloads in the above url though):
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/743/743392/vids_1.html

This is the mainsite: www.ageofconan.com

Anything with Conan in its name reminds me of a lousy ex-actor gone senator, and puts me off tbh :/

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Anything with Conan in its name reminds me of a lousy ex-actor gone senator, and puts me off tbh :/

heretic!

arnie is the best dude ever.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Himse said:
Shut up for a change, this is 2007, WoW's graphics are better than that, even from a screenshot.

what the hell are u smoking? WoW graphics does *NOT* look good. theres so many graphic glitches and general blurryness in that game thats fucking up the overall felling u have no idea.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I think people are becoming too fucking obsessed with graphics.

But what Tilda said sounds right. I doubt they're wanting to up the graphics to it's highest level whilst they're still creating the game. Best to perfect the game dynamics and core before starting on the graphics.

I think WoW is direct evidence that good PR + good playability > stunning graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom