Football The new season is upon us!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So, it's basically here.

Predictions? Thoughts?

I reckon Blackpool will be relegated with a record low points total. I'm tempted to put a bet on them not even making double figures. They're woefully underprepared and underpowered for the league and frankly were a bit fortunate to come up.

Interesting that an ageing Chelsea squad hasn't really been added to, Man Utd have just signed a blind homeless tramp, Man City are splashing the cash on a bunch of players that look like they will really struggle to gel, Tottenham surely can't punch above their weight again, Arsenal look weak at the back (still, ffs), and who the hell knows what Liverpool will do. Everton look strong and if they have no injuries they could well surprise. Villa are fucked.

Is there a fantasy league for us to join also?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The only potential surprise is if Citeh actually fulfill their potential; otherwise, the usual suspects. Big question is whether English clubs can get their European mojo back. I'm currently thinking, "no".

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Cheers Ch3t, I'm in both. In a lot of leagues this year. Not sure how FH finished last year, but I was close.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Season starts tomorrow and we need 13 more peeps for that head 2 head league. Get on it you scummers!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
lolblackpool.jpg

5th - surpassing expectations already :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Villa are fucked.

Pretty much my reading of it too. The owners statement the other day smacked of Doug Ellis mark 2 and the list of candidates for the job is made up B and C grade "Yes Men" managers.

Midtable this year, bottom six next. But don't worry Mr Lerner will have recouped his investment.

Some of the rubbish being spouted about O'Neill running up the wages bill is such claptrap. The club told us time and again that the chief executive negotiated contracts and why did the owner let it go so far out of control in the first place?

He's just seen the money Man City have got, Spurs position of financial strength and got cold feet.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm filming Blackpool tomorrow, at Wigan. Sometimes when sides have nothing to lose, you get an excellent game.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Villa may not be fucked if Bradley is announced as manager, he's really pretty good.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Villa may not be fucked if Bradley is announced as manager, he's really pretty good.

With no experience of managing in Europe? He'd just be a figurehead whilst Lerner sold off Ash Young, Cuellar, Agbonlahor etc. Bah, I hate football :(

Marc

FH is my second home
With no experience of managing in Europe? He'd just be a figurehead whilst Lerner sold off Ash Young, Cuellar, Agbonlahor etc. Bah, I hate football :(

Its a damn shame. Villa have finished, what, in the top 6 in the last 3 seasons. They are almost "there". If they had kept their best players and with a bit of a cash input from Lerner, they could have got champions league football.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

Irrelevant really, he's tactically very aware and has managed at international level for years, doing very well and getting a team of decent players to play like a very good team.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Irrelevant really, he's tactically very aware and has managed at international level for years, doing very well and getting a team of decent players to play like a very good team.

You think? He'd just be a 'yes man' appointment for Lerner, but then whoever we get will be. I don't think lack of experience managing in Europe is "irrelevant" either, he'll not be used to the superstar ego's of the players, have no experience in signing players here or how competitive the leagues are and how many games have to be played.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Does anyone know if Lampard is bloody playing today or not? He's my FF captain :eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You think? He'd just be a 'yes man' appointment for Lerner, but then whoever we get will be. I don't think lack of experience managing in Europe is "irrelevant" either, he'll not be used to the superstar ego's of the players, have no experience in signing players here or how competitive the leagues are and how many games have to be played.

Are you a reader of The Sun? Jesus, cliché city.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Are you a reader of The Sun? Jesus, cliché city.

No, I'm an unhappy Villa fan who doesn't want another American involved with his club. If you don't like my opinion then don't talk to me and stick Bradley American Soccer Manager up your arse :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Here we go, nice big game to kick off with :D

I think Spurs will nick this one.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Hart having a blinder.

Sign Given up please Wenger.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You'll get Schwarzer, he's handed in a transfer request at Fulham.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This premier league football thing is easy.

blackpoollolol.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
lmao. Wigan were utterly destroyed by a vastly superior Blackpool today. Their defence was hilarious, and Blackpool had a deserved victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom