The New Hibernian Fronteir.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1271.shtml

hiberniamap_large.jpg

The image should load here once you have loaded it once on the herald.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
You can't hotlink on the herald, Mr. Loxley.

Anyway, interesting changes.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, I don't fully understand some parts of these new fronteirs. I'm sure it will become closer over time though. Camp here, etc.

Eastern

Fledgling Freddie
The only thing that makes me wonder about the new frontiers......

Zerging is shit for teh rps, and the new frontiers look like they might encourage it, at least a little bit.

Discuss :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
didnt work posting the pic, came a big screen with nothing on a littul red X in the top left corner :x

anyways, the new frontiers look good, looking forward to it

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
looks ... intresting :rolleyes: naa it looks ok ... i'll give it time ;)

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Oh my god...
I have troubles getting through mgs with my BD pets, how on earth shall I be able to walk through that jumbo mumbo Ancient Village they have planned? o_O

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
looks like they're actually gonna make us.... RVR! :kissit:

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Just seems to be the new mid fronteer rehashed was hoping for a bit morre variety tbh

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah also looks to me like the proposed mid frontier turned upside, and gotten some more green "paint". But never the less IMO the frontiere looks promising for a first try.

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
anything new can only be a good thing rvr wise, its gettin "just a little" stale atm... least we can MoW now and it be usefull (who the f00k ever bought that ??)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Dont think the maps do what they are trying to explain any justice. RvR is quite boring at the moment, same old same old. Atleast with the new format they are trying to achieve there will be a variety of places for ppl to fight.

I think the main benefit is gonna be the fun of taking keeps especially with the guard towers around em. However I do feel that something needs to be looked at with regards to rp's when taking keeps. dont matter how many guard towers are around if there is no-one defending the keep its gonna be just as boring as it is at the moment with only the 3 closet keeps being taken.

Guess its a case of sitting tight to see what else they have planned. 1 thing is for sure it cant make RvR any worse than it is at the moment so it is a plus.

Cal

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Picture loads fine for me, looks good, shame its almost identical to the midgard frontier.. so im sure the albion will be much the same, but its something new and will increase the life span on the game, lets just hope ToA doesnt kill off the game before Frontiers gets to us :p

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
i bet you 2 k9s that the keeps/towers will work like bases/towers in planetside (more or less).

Cuthervaen

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah reminds me very much of PlanetSide with the part where they mention you need to have the beach keep for "line of supply" ?

Strange how Planetside was more enjoyable for soloing, wish they'd manage to do that too but I don't see it coming.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Keep A and E will be the best keeps for rp farming.

the 4 hill will be nice for ranger/scout/hunter if enemies ever go there, that is same with the towers.

If the towers is someting you need to climb up to it will own for pb vs zerg fights.

the 8 thingy is mostly useless but can be nice hiding in maybe.

i also guess it will be alot of camping near the rivers

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Groal said:
anything new can only be a good thing rvr wise, its gettin "just a little" stale atm... least we can MoW now and it be usefull (who the f00k ever bought that ??)

< Owner of MoW 3, god i outswam those groups @ Emain Lake ;)

Cuthervaen

Fledgling Freddie
Can be an interesting new layout, especially the fact you've got to get way into enemy territory to camp a milegate (and not just steps away from your portal keep, seems some people will have to get themselves a map quick) or that camping your own gate will be pointless (unless you got a good reason like relic raid) should make things better.

Much more alternate paths for small groups to avoid big armies also it seems, Emain and Odin and Hw to a lesser extent are so simple one way path places :/. Also like the aggro ridden areas, only hope for a soloer to escape a fg would be there.

On the other hand there is no way I'll get convinced to farm boring ToA to new stats caps and items and whatever so I'll probably be long gone before it comes, wish they'd made these changes earlier :twak:

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Cuthervaen said:
Can be an interesting new layout, especially the fact you've got to get way into enemy territory to camp a milegate (and not just steps away from your portal keep, seems some people will have to get themselves a map quick) or that camping your own gate will be pointless (unless you got a good reason like relic raid) should make things better.

Much more alternate paths for small groups to avoid big armies also it seems, Emain and Odin and Hw to a lesser extent are so simple one way path places :/. Also like the aggro ridden areas, only hope for a soloer to escape a fg would be there.

On the other hand there is no way I'll get convinced to farm boring ToA to new stats caps and items and whatever so I'll probably be long gone before it comes, wish they'd made these changes earlier :twak:

There will not be any Mile gate campin if you not planning to take a relic,
but yes alot of tactical routes and hiding spots,

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Even if it is a concept sketch it look... i dunno probably 50-60 times more interesting than Emain is atm. Also looks like keeps on small islands are taking a que from BG keeps, should be interesting too see the finished product (who knows, the RvR expansion might actually be good? :))

One thing that bothers me are the purple (One-Way) lines, what the hell does that mean? Do they plan too add road-signs too RvR or somthing? Though the idea of traffic lights in RvR does sound interesting...

Spades

Fledgling Freddie
I too am confused, but then i generally am anyway...hmmmm never was any good at geography, so this green stuff is grass then is it? It looks like a map that a 6 year old drew a picture of a dog on.

Or is it just me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom