The New Hib Frontier

L

LordjOX

8 – Ancient Village. This area is made up of many old dilapidated huts, buildings, and other items left over from a village that existed long ago. The idea behind this area is that it will allow for good close quarters fighting, and interesting games of cat and mouse between small groups and individuals. It would take a large force a significant amount of time to search all the various nooks and crannies in the area, so it can also serve as a safe haven from enemy armies.

"oooh... ahhh"

O

old.Icebreaker

Originally posted by LordjOX
8 – Ancient Village. This area is made up of many old dilapidated huts, buildings, and other items left over from a village that existed long ago. The idea behind this area is that it will allow for good close quarters fighting, and interesting games of cat and mouse between small groups and individuals. It would take a large force a significant amount of time to search all the various nooks and crannies in the area, so it can also serve as a safe haven from enemy armies.

"oooh... ahhh"

I think we can call it Stealth City instead of Ancient Village allready :D

K

Kallio

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker

I think so too :p

B

blademistress

ooh, nice new map... now giv new Alb frontier already :)

K

Kallio

Originally posted by blademistress

Sorry they decided that albs can stick with the old one :(

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by blademistress

albs have a frontier?!?!?!?

M

Molten Lava

You mean: "we can call it PBAOE-City" already...will be the usual room-camping, not comming out and gettiong bored after some time"

M

Molten Lava

btw...am I the only one who thinks we'll get 4 parts...if we look at the watery edges we seem to have the upper right corner (the mid zone) the lower left (the hib zone) Alb will be upper left or lower right...so whats the 4th one???

D

Divinia

"And finally we are also investigating a new special Frontiers interface that will give players insight into which keeps are being sieged, where large battles are taking place, and where large enemy forces have moved in front of “friendly” guards, NPCs and keeps. The details of these systems will be presented at a later date, but we wanted to give you all an idea of our thoughts about player moving and finding battles"

something for the ones who like to avoid albzerg t.t

K

Kagato.

Looks like they just copy/pasted the new mid frontier and changed a few colours to me.

K

kirennia

ahhh, ill enjoy bringing a group of earth wizzies there then >:)

O

old.Ramas

Mildly disappointed to see it contains precisely the same elements as the midgard frontier, though I also note they have tightened the open corridors even more than on the mid map; presumably this is to make absolutely sure it's not emain that becomes the home of open field rvr again.

However, last weeks comments remain valid imo. Without a change to the rvr reward schemes the new content will be ignored or whined about.

B

Begach

Originally posted by Kagato.
Looks like they just copy/pasted the new mid frontier and changed a few colours to me.

Few more purple arrows I think. Didn't count em tbh but definatly looks like a more "purple arrow" intensive map. Could just be teh elaborate clustering ofc.

B.

R

Ravenbourne

wtf is with the one way bits, do the have traffic wardens and stuff?

O

old.Emma

Probably there to act sorta like milegate stand offs.

enemy below, defenders up top. perfect for ranged attacks.

enemy can either choose to back off and wait for the defenders to come down or backaway and flank the defending force and get em from behind.

P

phule_gubben

Originally posted by old.Emma
Probably there to act sorta like milegate stand offs.

enemy below, defenders up top. perfect for ranged attacks.

enemy can either choose to back off and wait for the defenders to come down or backaway and flank the defending force and get em from behind.

Could be hard with only 1-way to go thou.

X

Xethron

I hope they sort out the nerg'd footprint of the Albion fronteir - would anyone miss BMN anyway apart from maybe the DoA L15 and 20 epics b.all there

S

Sichama

Areas 6 and 8 look promising.
Also the fact that now stealthers will act as coastal guards informing people about inc enemies is also nice, one more thing that looks promising will be the "find the bb" game that will constantly be hapening :) for one stealthers defending their realm will have an advantage as they can hide them in the Relic Keeps but even there they are not invulnerable, it's just a question if it is worth it to die and have to return while the bb will probably be back before you :)
As a non stealther i see very litle that is appealing in the design itself, the only thing that is positive is that mindlesly runing around will become a bit more of a hassle.
They need to give more reasons for people to defend or attack keeps relics or defend/attack specific points, etc. As it is now only thing that is interesting is DF and RP's and it has become boring.

Users who are viewing this thread