Impressed The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot

Afran

Part of the furniture
Anyone else playing this? Very fun game to pass the time and very addicting :p

It's in Closed Beta but you can pay in for early access, just google it and such to find out what the game is exactly too. Just expect a kind of twist/mix of Dungeon Keeper, Dungeon Defenders, Diablo. Strategy pvp castle defense setup loot kinda game.

Add me if you're playing, bigger network = more fun with castle attacks! IGN: Afran

Afran

Part of the furniture
Pft, left my IGN for others to add me! :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Archer seems so weak, getting slapped down by things that are equal level despite having full level appropriate gear on, unable to kite aswell due to constant charges

Afran

Part of the furniture
Archers are not weak at all, stick at it if you enjoy the feel. Archer is the most played class currently.

Note that Caltrops, Volley, Hawk: Dive, Piercing Shot & Roll are amongst the mostly used abilities.
Mana leech is also rather important (further amplified by the type of bow you're using)

You could add my friend "Nupss" who mains an archer who should be able to help you more if needed

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i prob just need better gear then, been running derp farms for awhile, not had any good drops yet tho :< had a bow with life steal on but not mana.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Yeah checked your gear, it's not very good at all but tbh don't worry about it til the 15-19 bracket and/or 20-24 as most action is there

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
ho ho ho just found a new love for caltrops + volley, so easy to kite with it and volley annihilates everything, really need a mana steal bow tho.

edit: funnily enough as I was typing this message I found a 20% mana steal bow :O lost like 27 dps to equip it tho.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Seen you ran through my castle :p hadn't really given it much thought yet, just stuck a bunch of hard looking creatures at choke points with loads of glue traps.

Afran

Part of the furniture
It's a big factor of the fun tbh :) Replays are the greatest thing in this game! Should try mine out when you're a bit higher level

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's a big factor of the fun tbh :) Replays are the greatest thing in this game! Should try mine out when you're a bit higher level

I shall, just saving up to upgrade my gold chest to lvl 6 / dungeon heart to lvl 4 so i can progress again.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
ROFL, just saw TB's new video about this.

Fucking pay to win bullshit game... I hope it dies in a fire of pain and agony.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
ROFL, just saw TB's new video about this.

Fucking pay to win bullshit game... I hope it dies in a fire of pain and agony.

They've changed it since TB did that video, you can no longer buy loot with virtual currency.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oh ok. Well that makes the fact that you can max out your castle with money alone fine then. :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Totalbiscuits video on this game is retarded, it's not pay to win at all :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
TB is actually rather wrong about the game, it's not pay to win. It's simply pay to skip(which is 99% of f2p anyway).

There isn't even anything to win in that game and if they charge whales 1000 bucks to pimp their castle to evel umpty, then better for you as you get much more free content and get less "must pay to play" content.

Think of it this way; someone has to pay the bills, would you rather be forced to pay for the game content, or that some people "pay to win"?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So just because you can't RMT your character to godmode this isn't pay to win?

How about when someone attacks your castle you spent all that real money on? If they die they drop loot and gold, and if they actually manage to pass through it but timer runs out they can't loot your chests.

In either case you win, and earn something from it.

Still pay to win.

/edit: Actually, call it "pay to not lose gold" instead. Because that's what you're doing.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How about when someone attacks your castle you spent all that real money on? If they die they drop loot and gold, and if they actually manage to pass through it but timer runs out they can't loot your chests.

In either case you win, and earn something from it.

You can easily do this without money, not pay to win.

You would also die in castles built by people who spent 24/7 for past 6 months building them.

Skipping timesinks isn't pay to win, buying items you can't otherwise get is pay to win.

Pay to win has become one of those words that people throw around like insults without even knowing what it really is, just because they get shafted in some way. We used to call these nerfs and the people raging about it were as annoying then :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
pay 2 win falls into 2 categories,
pay for exclusivity
pay for shortcut

paying for stuff other poeple cant get is a bit wank, unless its a "blue hat instead of a red one" rather than an uber weapon
paying for shortcut is ok depending on how much of a shortcut, or what the other option is. World of Tanks is a classic example of pay to win by shortcut, sure you can spend five years grinding out xp to unlock something, or just pay now, the non-pay route is so long and drawn out as to be nonsensical
and a lot of "P2play" or "P2Win" games are build as 2 models.
model 1, or "free" is for someone to play once or twice
model 2, or "paying" is for people who are actually playing it seriously/properly, you aren't meant to be able to compete with these people with a free model, or it wont make any money

at lot of it tho comes down to how it is presented, how "in your face" the cash grab is, mentioning no names here SWTOR :x

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In simple terms you need to ask one question; does it take money or time to get to #1 spot?

If the answer is anything except pure money then it's not a pay to win ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You can easily do this without money, not pay to win.

You would also die in castles built by people who spent 24/7 for past 6 months building them.

Skipping timesinks isn't pay to win, buying items you can't otherwise get is pay to win.

Pay to win has become one of those words that people throw around like insults without even knowing what it really is, just because they get shafted in some way. We used to call these nerfs and the people raging about it were as annoying then :p

I know what pay to win is, i'm not so sure about you though. It means that you pay to get an advantage over others. And it doesn't always matter if "the others" can get the same stuff normally, especially not in a game like this. Why? Because of the snowball effect.

And no, buying items you can't otherwise get does not automatically make it pay to win.

In simple terms you need to ask one question; does it take money or time to get to #1 spot?

If the answer is anything except pure money then it's not a pay to win ;)

Ofc it can be.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm not going to argue with you on it. If you can point out what unfair advantage you can get by pouring money into this game and what unfair reward you get from it, that others can never achieve by just playing, then go ahead. Otherwise it's just hot air.

You can only upgrade your castle to a certain point before it needs to raise in level, so you can have a pimped out castle at -that- level, but so can anyone else.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Also add my other account "Ghoulic123" if you guys are around level 10-20, you'll find I'm keeping that character's castle at level 14 at the moment and could use some attackers for evaluation :)

My main castle (Afran) is level 24, fyi.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You can only upgrade your castle to a certain point before it needs to raise in level, so you can have a pimped out castle at -that- level, but so can anyone else.

But that was the point i tried to make. You could raise the level of the castle with REAL MONEY! There was NO restrictions on how high level your castle could be. :)

At level ONE you could have a max level castle with all the bells and whistles just by having more money then sense.

And upgrading the level of the castle with real money was instantaneous, it didn't take time like when you did it normally. So in theory you could go from having a level one castle to whatever the max level is in less then an hour after you started playing.

It would have been insanely expensive yes, but SOMEONE probably did or planned on doing it.

But whatever, they rolled it back so the argument is moot now. :)

I'm not going to argue with you on it. If you can point out what unfair advantage you can get by pouring money into this game and what unfair reward you get from it, that others can never achieve by just playing, then go ahead. Otherwise it's just hot air.

I'm sorry, i can't dumb it down any more then this because i'm scared of heights.... ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Got my betars key a couple of days ago, having lots of fun both watching people die in my castle and raiding others. TheCrosshare, feel free to add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom