Misc The men who were...almost Bond.

Poag

m00?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-editors/men-almost-played-bond-152756564.html

"Liam Neeson
Back in 1994 Hollywood star Liam Neeson turned down the chance to play James Bond, because he wasn't interested in starring in action movies. He said: "I was approached very heavily, but I wasn't really interested." Since then Neeson has gone on to make a number of action movies including 'Taken', 'The Grey' and 'Battleship'."

Would. Have. Been. Awesome.

There are some very strange choices on that list. Sam Neill would have probably done a good job though. One that's missing from that list is Ranulph Fiennes, who auditioned but Cubby Broccoli said he "looked like a farmer".

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I stopped thinking about people being good for X after i read that Ross from Friends was considered as Neo :unsure:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Idris Elba would have made a better Morpheus
Brandon Lee (if he were alive) for Neo

Memo to self: re-watch The Crow.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I stopped thinking about people being good for X after i read that Ross from Friends was considered as Neo :unsure:

Meh. I can see that. He was actually very good in Band of Brothers, so he can act. Better option than Will Smith anyway, who was actually first choice for the part.

Lamp said:
Idris Elba would have made a better Morpheus

Doubt he would have been on the Wachowski's radar in 1998 when they were filming it. He hadn't done much by that point and all of it in the UK.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Meh. I can see that. He was actually very good in Band of Brothers, so he can act. Better option than Will Smith anyway, who was actually first choice for the part.

True, my bad, it was indeed will smith for matrix. I wonder what film that whole Ross thing was for?

Funny list of matrix stuff here though; http://www.notstarring.com/movies/matrix

Ah right, the role was J in MIB.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Dalton was given such a hard time, so unfairly. He played Bond very well, close to the original. Living Daylights was good but License to Kill was awful.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Did Christopher Walken ever play a Bond baddie? He should.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Aye, one of my faves. He was ace in True Romance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom