the man downstairs is a mental...

FozzySon

Can't get enough of FH
Agree with Anar. Get an In Flames album, no better yet, get an Ill Nino album, place the speakers in your desired place, crank up the volume. ;)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
We had a really abusive neighbour for a while....

He used to come home from the pub beered up, kick his way into the house and spend a couple of hours beating his wife up. We rang the police every time it happened but in the end we moved. Cracked me up tbh - He'd go out on the beer, she'd lock him out. He'd kick his way in and beat her. She'd do exactly the same thing the next evening and so would he.....

It's a horrible sound hearing someone get beaten up and praying the police get there to stop it. It got to the point where my wife was scared to be in the house in the evening on her own because he knew we'd called the police on him , he even started punching the wall one night between the two houses and screaming abuse at us.

Ironically enough they moved as we moved - luckily not to the same street.

It's all very well trying loud music - but you can't sleep then too and if you have to work the next day and it's 2am in the morning the last thing you want is an evening of stereo wars ;)

You can report him and he will eventually be sorted out but i think the best idea is simply to move out and get a property anyway.

Renting is lost capital at the end of the day and whilst I know it's not always possible to buy, if you can find somewhere affordable, you're always better off on the property ladder.

The last thing anyone needs is hassle where you live, it's a ballache enough working for a living without getting hassle and shit at home.

M

tankgirl_ni

Fledgling Freddie
i find whitehouse is alot more offensive on the ears than the like of in flames etc.. i mean there is no tune..its literally just a loud screeching noise with a crazy essex bloke screeching "wriggle like f*king eel, wriggle like a f*cking eel, wriggle like a f*cking eel, wriggaaaaaaaaal!" over the top of it. its great :D

was considering the crazy frog loop for annoyance factor but bein a chav he'd probably like it!

he wasn't home last night.. so me and steve had a nice quiet night in.

landlord said there's not alot he can do... enviromental health are sending a decibel meter round this week.. hurrah!

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
I recommend System 7 - Alpha Wave. Especially if you can lay your hands on the EP of it with the Plastikman extended remix. The disk lasts for about 40 odd minutes and there is a constant thumping baseline beat throughout. I can vouch for the fact that if you have a decent enough stereo it sounds like someone is thumping a sledge hammer against the wall.

When I first started a job many moons ago we had a bunch of students in the flat below. Most nights theyd come in and play music till 5am when I had to be up again at 7. A few weeks of me leaving the Alpha Wave CD on repeat from 7 till 11 at full volume soon calmed em down a bit. If I was only going to get 2 hours sleep a night then so were they. Bastards...

tankgirl_ni

Fledgling Freddie
i can feel a "music to upset your neighbours" thread coming on! lol

Chilly

Balls of steel
It's got to be drum and bass, the most irritating music ever, if you hear it through a wall. If you're in the same room, it's the best ever!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
New Order - Confusion. The remix done by that weird german techno band, 'tis the one they used in the club scene at the start of the first Blade movie. Mega thumping baseline that lasts the whole 10 minutes. Stuff that on repeat and it's sure to annoy the neighbours :D

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
If there was ever a reason for old Death Metal, surely this is it. :)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
tankgirl_ni said:

Clearly Antony and the Gaylords ( or if you prefer,Johnsons) would win hands down

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
if you want crap loud music i can send you some grindcore i made with my mates ;> problems is it might blow your speakers as its really loud

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
if you wanted to stop him using the thing, just wait till he goes out (you said his door was a bit... well, bad :p), walk in, remove the cd, smash it, anything, job done, how can he play what aint there?

i admit its a risky thing to do, but after ages of having that done, i dont think i'd leave him with the damn thing

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
Just find some 1000bpm speedcore, crank the stereo up, put 5 locks on the door, and go on holiday :clap:

rynnor

Rockhound
tankgirl_ni said:

'Pantera - Fucking Hostile' is perfect for this situation...

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yah know you copuld call in sick and not go to werk, wait for the guy to leave break into his place eject the cd or recordplayer and shit on it.

or mabe chuck ketchup all over your self and run affter the git with big shiney axe screaming you head off

or mabe buy a mag with animal pr0n and leave it by his door, might have to put with the git grunting alot tho, if he leans that way that is

rynnor

Rockhound
Another alternative is to turn the taps in your bath on full put the plug in and go leave it for an hour or so - his flat below will be flooded and probably unfit for human habitation thus he'll get re-homed elsewhere ;P

If asked just say you were running a bath then got a phonecall and forgot...

tankgirl_ni

Fledgling Freddie
well.. it happened AGAIN last night.

OPERATION "cheese off the chav" got put into action.

the unholy noise of "coldplay" began at 2am.
a bang on the floor solved nothing.
steve banging on the window solved nothing. except a retort of "ahh f*k off, c'mon down and fight me ya ball-less ba****d!" needless to say fighting wasn't an option we wanted to consider. then the music got louder.
from the fire escape steve could see the guy standin on his sofa with this wee crappy £20 argos portable cd player jobs held right up at the ceiling! he was purposfully doing it to cause annoyance!!!! really wish i'd had a camera.

we called the cops, they came, they stood outside the house for a bit.. got distracted by some drunken students who were tipping over a bin, and drove off.

time to take the law into our own hands...

so, mobile phones at the ready, i stayed in the flat with the door double bolted while steve sneaked down stairs. at the front door we have a leccy cupboard containing all the pay and go meters & trip switches for the 3 flats in our building.

steve flicked the trip switch off and went outside the front door of the building and hid. the music stopped.
i looked out the spyhole in our flat door and saw the chav leaving his flat to go downstairs to check his trip switch. i called steve. "its leaving the flat... hide"

a few minutes later the chav re-entered his flat and the music came back on (change of CD this time... back to christie moore..)

i called steve again. "he's back in, music on". steve came back in the front door and flicked the trip off again.

again the chav went down and turned it back on.

this happened a further 9 or 10 times until the chav went into his flat, I called steve again, we decided this wasn't working so steve was going to come back in and think on plan B.
When steve opened the front door, the chav must have been listening because he opened his flat door and poked his head out. i quickly called steve and whispered "he's at his flat door! dont come up!". Steve slipped back out the front door. the chav stood at his door for ages and yelled something incoherant.

i heard a tap at the fire escape door, near keeked myself. it was steve. not wanting to have a face to face confrontation with the intoxicated mountian man he'd sneeked up the fire escape and was standing at the back door. so i let him in.
i called the cops again and they said "we dont really deal with noise complaints but call this number and they'll help you."

it was a number for the city council noise hotline. so i called them and the guy, explained the problem and said he would be round in 20 minutes. by this time the chav's CD player had got stuck. steve went out to the fire escape again and saw that the guy had passed out with the CD player on his lap.

so we decided just to flick the trip one more time.
i called the noise people and told them what we were going to do, the guy laughed and said "good on ya, thats what we were going to come round and do anyway!"

by now it was 4:30am.
i had to get up for work at 6am.

on my way out the door i noticed that the guy's flat door was open. overtaken with rage and too tired to be scared I stompted into his flat. lifted the CD player off his lap and threw it out his open window.

job done.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
nice one, I'm with you all the way, and that council bloke gets a gold star :) be careful on your way back home though, you may want to bring a mate just to err on the side of caution.

tankgirl_ni

Fledgling Freddie
hell no! i'll be fine.
i'm running on about 30 minutes sleep and i'm not happy about it.
god help him if he bumps into me.
i may be ickle.. but i've got a temper like a jack russell on speed today.

besides he was fast asleep this morning he wont have known it was me. ill just deny everything :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ok then, if you think you'll be ok just live it cool. the bloke's clearly a nutbag but this may well have been the hint he needed.

tankgirl_ni

Fledgling Freddie
UPDATE:

steve sent a message
"i finally got to sleep at 7am... by 10am pink floyd had started again, he's bought a bigger stereo!"

later.....

"as i was leaving the house 'bikeboy' (the chav's one and only "friend" so called because he rides a pushbike everywhere) came out to make the peace!"

i responded with "did you call the landlord?"

"...jeff doesn't work fridays apparently"

WHAT F*KING LANDLORD TAKES A DAY OFF?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom